Hijack from Does evolution have a direction?

genio

I find it hard to believe that an animal flapping their arms would develop wings or feathers and for what purpose to being with. There has to be a supernatural energy or energies behind these intelligent designs or the universe could be a consistent intelligent design in itself.

Evolution doesn't have a direction because the energy from the Sun and the planets is/are always different.

51 minutes ago, genio said:

I find it hard to believe that an animal flapping their arms would develop wings or feathers and for what purpose to being with. There has to be a supernatural energy or energies behind these intelligent designs or the universe could be a consistent intelligent design in itself.

Evolution doesn't have a direction because the energy from the Sun and the planets is/are always different.

!

Moderator Note

1. Whether you understand something or not has no bearing on its veracity.

2. Your description of what you think the sequence of events bears little resemblance to what the science says.

3. Discussion of supernatural anything or the intelligent design dogma has no place in this discussion

1 hour ago, genio said:

So... you find it hard to believe something, and that leads you to believe in magic?! Why do you need the supernatural when you have changes in gene variants within a population every generation for millions of years?

5 hours ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

1. Whether you understand something or not has no bearing on its veracity.

2. Your description of what you think the sequence of events bears little resemblance to what the science says.

3. Discussion of supernatural anything or the intelligent design dogma has no place in this discussion

This seems like an abuse of power. Why not just prove my points incorrect with science?

5 hours ago, Phi for All said:

So... you find it hard to believe something, and that leads you to believe in magic?! Why do you need the supernatural when you have changes in gene variants within a population every generation for millions of years?

Why can't I believe in both?

I don't need the supernatural. Supernatural experiences naturally occur with me. No choice. I'd love if scientists would study me.

Science still hasn't proven how the first organism created itself into existence. When scientists can create with favorable conditions any form of life where no life has existed before is when I will believe that there's no intelligent design within the universe. I also don't believe in God.

Edited by genio

3 minutes ago, genio said:

This seems like an abuse of power. Why not just prove my points incorrect with science?

Because he's posting as a moderator, not a member. His first point was that you used Argument from Incredulity, which is a logical fallacy, and against the rules for discussion here. His second point was that you're using a Strawman argument in your description, another logical fallacy, also against the rules. And third, he's reminding you that bringing up something supernatural in a mainstream section is against the rules. 

Why can't I believe in both?

You can believe what you want. Some folks here prefer knowledge they can trust rather than wishful thinking or believing based on faith.

26 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Because he's posting as a moderator, not a member. His first point was that you used Argument from Incredulity, which is a logical fallacy, and against the rules for discussion here. His second point was that you're using a Strawman argument in your description, another logical fallacy, also against the rules. And third, he's reminding you that bringing up something supernatural in a mainstream section is against the rules. 

I'm not comitting logical fallacies because science has not proven how flapping our ligaments leads to developing wings. Makes perfect sense in theory but why would an animal or an insect flap their ligaments? What is the "intent" behind flapping their ligaments before they developed wings?

We can see evolution at work with professional basketball players and how they're so tall because they keep jumping. The intent of jumping is to shoot the ball and reach for the hoop to dunk.

26 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

You can believe what you want. Some folks here prefer knowledge they can trust rather than wishful thinking or believing based on faith.

You're committing confirmation bias. Supernatural has nothing to do with faith. It's all mechanical.

Edited by genio

32 minutes ago, genio said:

When scientists can create with favorable conditions any form of life where no life has existed before is when I will believe that there's no intelligent design within the universe.

It already happened over 70 years ago, but you can continue believing any ridiculous silly thing you want for as long as you want. The science remains valid and true whether you accept / believe in it or not.

We can see evolution at work with professional basketball players and how they're so tall because they keep jumping.

So dumb

8 minutes ago, iNow said:

It already happened over 70 years ago, but you can continue believing any ridiculous silly thing you want for as long as you want. The science remains valid and true whether you accept / believe in it or not.

Link please.

Creating simple amino acids does not constitute life.

Edited by genio

10 hours ago, genio said:

Why don't you make a bit of an effort to inform yourself, then? There is masses of publicly available information on the evolution of flight.  

3 hours ago, genio said:

Creating simple amino acids does not constitute life.

Nobody said it did.
You have shifted the goal post from

4 hours ago, genio said:

When scientists can create with favorable conditions any form of life where no life has existed before

Shifting the

goal posts like that is also, at best, arguing in bad faith.
Can you provide evidence for this idea?
It should be easy to show that professional basketball players all get taller as they  get older.

3 hours ago, genio said:

We can see evolution at work with professional basketball players and how they're so tall because they keep jumping.

Edited by John Cuthber

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.