I obtained my first utility model but do not know what to do with that

ahmet

Hi,

I obtained my first utility model (as I said) and I do not know what to do with it. :)

Is there anyone who is willing to comment on the issue  ?

Thanks 

Edited by ahmet

• ahmet changed the title to I obtained my first utility model but do not know what to do with that
3 hours ago, ahmet said:

Ah yes, a "petty patent" or Gebrauchsmuster.  I had quite forgotten about those.  

Well, it's a monopoly on whatever you have invented, for a limited period of time. So to exploit it, you either need to bring your invention to market yourself or licence it to someone who will, for a fee. What is it for? 

18 hours ago, exchemist said:

Ah yes, a "petty patent" or Gebrauchsmuster.  I had quite forgotten about those.  

Well, it's a monopoly on whatever you have invented, for a limited period of time. So to exploit it, you either need to bring your invention to market yourself or licence it to someone who will, for a fee. What is it for? 

I think the more important or effective thing is that "HOW TO?" 

some corporations do not want to even produce the prototype. I do not know why for rejection but I am sure that monetizing any invention is not so much easy. Otherwise I can invent many things. 

however, I realised also I may not have sufficient information regarding the process. (For instance, corporations might have thought that the product was not producable in factory or...something else which I do not know.)

Edited by ahmet

39 minutes ago, ahmet said:

some corporations do not want to even produce the prototype. I do not know why for rejection but I am sure that monetizing any invention is not so much easy. Otherwise I can invent many things. 

however, I realised also I may not have sufficient information regarding the process. (For instance, corporations might have thought that the product was not producable in factory or...something else which I do not know.)

If nothing else this utility model has served as a lesson that gaining answers to these types of questions before doing the work of developing the 'invention' might lead to better results afterwards.

13 minutes ago, zapatos said:

If nothing else this utility model has served as a lesson that gaining answers to these types of questions before doing the work of developing the 'invention' might lead to better results afterwards.

this is right. 

some research associations or corporations contacted me via e-mail and they proposed to use their tool. But this  was by fee. I just said that if their tool was by fee, then I would not be willing to use. But at the background,I also thought that I was new and did not have idea whether their tool was really effective. 

Edited by ahmet

52 minutes ago, ahmet said:

I don’t think we can help very much without knowing what this is. As you have a monopoly and the invention has been published by the patent office, it is now public knowledge and you can safely reveal it. Can you provide a link to the published invention?

4 minutes ago, ahmet said:

this is right. 

some research associations or corporations contacted me via e-mail and they proposed to use their tool. But this  was by fee. I just said that if their tool was by fee, then I would not be willing to use. But at the background,I also thought that I was new and did not have idea whether their tool was really effective. 

Do you mean they offered to manufacture it for you , if you paid them to do so? So they can make it but don’t want to take on the business risk. That seems rational.

4 minutes ago, exchemist said:

Do you mean they offered to manufacture it for you , if you paid them to do so? So they can make it but don’t want to take on the business risk. That seems rational.

no, they only said that they would help me to monetize the invention via ;

offering their tools (presumaby a system) to find investors ,buyers & licensees in their pool.

8 minutes ago, exchemist said:

Can you provide a link to the published invention?

unfortunately I am not willing to do so. But ...of course we may terminate this communication window. 

From your this demand, I understand that you give probability that the invention might be judgeable or criticizable. Anyway, I had better read some relevant texts on this topic or maybe follow the successful & current inventor's stories although this is not just one way.

Thanks to all under this thread for communication. 

39 minutes ago, ahmet said:

no, they only said that they would help me to monetize the invention via ;

offering their tools (presumaby a system) to find investors ,buyers & licensees in their pool.

unfortunately I am not willing to do so. But ...of course we may terminate this communication window. 

From your this demand, I understand that you give probability that the invention might be judgeable or criticizable. Anyway, I had better read some relevant texts on this topic or maybe follow the successful & current inventor's stories although this is not just one way.

Thanks to all under this thread for communication. 

I did not intend to judge your invention, just perhaps think about how you might bring it to market. I repeat, the invention is already in the public domain, as that is what happens when a patent or utility model is granted. But OK, good luck anyway.