Best Movie Genre

jutntog1

Actually I think I might change my vote to prison movies. I love movies that take place in prisions. I know prison probably isn't how they show it. But I love how all the prisoner wind up becoming loyal friends to each other to beat the evil wardens.

Yeah, I've seen to many terrible Sci-fi movies to list that as my favorite.

Try being really bored an unable to leave the house and having to watch the scifi channel movies. Its bad, real bad. "Frankenfish" is my favorite :P

There are some good horrors, but I don't watch them, because I'm a chicken.

I guess because "Alien" is my all time favorite movie (an odd quirk, I know) is the reason I listed that. Although I am a horror aficianado, there are some that are too disturbing or wierd for me, so I can understand completely.

Actually I think I might change my vote to prison movies. I love movies that take place in prisions. I know prison probably isn't how they show it. But I love how all the prisoner wind up becoming loyal friends to each other to beat the evil wardens.

Yeah, some are good, but IDK. Sometimes seeing the visceral, brutal behavior of prisoners is disturbing. I have heard the show "Oz" that used to be on HBO (I never watched it, its too....messed up) is an accurate depiction of prison life.

Non-action thrillers; especially with lots of dark, moody shots that one can imagine being filmed in black and white, like Blade Runner. Toss in a little dark comedy, and I'm in heaven.

Good horror; not a lot out there. Alien was one; the original The Haunting was another.

Anything with Vincent Price; most of his movies were dreadful, but I just love to watch him.

When it first came out, it was okay. Then later when every movie started copying off it, and every concept in it became cliche' I got really tired of it. I haven't even seen the sequals.

hehehe.....people copying the matrix....so funny.........i'm surprised sayo didn't catch that one yet...

:D lol...

I like loads things!

When we had a sleep over at someones house (there was like 20 of us in 1 small house!) it was midnight or something we were gonna go to bed, we were all sleeping in the lounge, when someone realise there was a TV in there, so we watched movies till gone 6AM when we went to sleep, anyway, one of the movies the girls made us watch was some comedy/romance thing which was basically a chick flick, it weren't all soo bad, though maybe that was because it was very late & we were all half asleep + a bit drunk!

Otherwise anything with a bit of violence or horror is good. A small bit of romance normally slips in alongside those 2 which is good. But then comedies are very funny and action or sci-fi is often interesting.

There's good and bad films in every genre IMO.

I can think of only 1 musical I've seen, it weren't that bad (we had to watch it in school).

I like Some Sci-Fi, most all cartoons (the classical ones, bugs bunny, daffy duck, road runner etc...) and all films I`ve seen so far with a Christmass theme to them :)

a good detective mystery is always welcome too, esp Columbo and Sherlock Holmes.

My favourite genre I guess would be no genre at all. Films that are new and original, and completely free of cliche. There aren't too many films of this sort. Pretty much all blockbusters are commervial constructions that follow formulas of how a film should go.

sci-fi/horror. You don't see many movies that does this right, but then it works, theres nothing like it.

I guess I like this genre a bit too. You can always tell yourself vampires, werewovles etc don't exist, but a good Sci fi horror is something which is (perhaps very improbable) but still possible.

Alien was pretty good, and I enjoyed watching my friend hide behind a pillow in fear. :P .

Event horizon scared the hell out of me, especially the bit where they finally saw the entire distress call.