Theories on quantum geometry and entropy

Paul Roberts

1 hour ago, Paul Roberts said:

Infinity is a difficult topic, granted. Effectively, it is the superposition we are trying to find. The point of superposition probability in quantum physics (equal probability of the cat being both alive and dead at the same time).

Exchemist, is it you alone who can think about these issues? Must you squander out of the box thinking in a speculative forum? A great service to science you are.

The service I am performing to science here is to call out egregious ballocks when I see it. 

20 minutes ago, Genady said:

Pun intended? :) 

:D Not really. But you can make it one. I'm sure you've taught a teenager at some point in you life. If you want to share your recollections/conclusions on a new thread I, for one, would be interested.

Must you squander out of the box thinking in a speculative forum?

I agree with bufofrog. Only those who know what's inside the box can think outside of it meaningfully. Challenging any kind of physics without mathematics skills is just crazy, like trying to tell an Olympic gymnast what they're doing wrong when you've only watched a few people doing gymnastics and have never participated yourself. 

Speculation built on a shaky foundation is worthless. The box helps insure your explanation is based on what we observe in nature.

16 minutes ago, exchemist said:

The service I am performing to science here is to call out egregious ballocks when I see it. 

If the OP would care to reread what's been written, they'd see that you did more than call it out. You asked pertinent questions, especially after it was shown that much of the OP was based on flawed understandings (e.g., that a sphere was a platonic solid, or that entropy is a conserved quantity). I must have missed where the OP corrected for this, because we're on page 2 now and I can't figure out why this explanation (NOT a theory) is still being discussed as if it wasn't shown false in the first few posts?

I'm done here...

Seriously, you people are absolutely brutal. I don't know how anyone could feel the slightest bit welcome to post any speculation to this forum. Honestly. 

One should expect it. This is image only slightly exaggerating... I jest not.

1342600881_PeerReview.PNG.29d9327cc0a1fe76f51691880f8d62df.PNG

3 hours ago, Paul Roberts said:

I'm done here...

Seriously, you people are absolutely brutal. I don't know how anyone could feel the slightest bit welcome to post any speculation to this forum. Honestly. 

Why would you want to be misled by encouragement when an idea is flawed? Most ideas are wrong, and discussion helps us find the parts we need to rethink. Even while speculating, you should keep a foot firmly in the science we consider our best current explanations.

Why are you taking any of this personally, when it's your ideas, not you, that are being discussed? Some people spend years working on their personal explanations for various phenomena, then start discussing it with peers only to find out they misunderstood some part of the science, or didn't use the right calculations. If you know the science mind at all, you'll know we can't NOT point out mistakes, and part of that is that nobody wants to see you waste good learning time.

17 hours ago, Paul Roberts said:

I'm done here...

For your reassurance that you are not being singled out, have a look at this niggling thread between members who are pretty well versed in physics matters: