Touching objects

Saber

10 minutes ago, Genady said:

I don't think @joigus has replied to the second question. I would reply, no. Because "touching" implies a spacetime relation while entanglement does not. 

Sorry. I was interrupted and then forgot. I agree.

Edited by joigus
minor correction

Yhe phenomenon of 'touching' is a lot simpler to understand by considering the potential fields, as they give rise to the forces and resistances we 'feel'.
The particle view will just confuse you, even though the particles are, themselves, a manifestation of the quantized field.

If one could somehow remove the manifested particles, and leave their respective fields intact, you would have what sci-fi calls a 'force field' that would still provide forces and resistances ( which would be neat, if it were possible ).

Reminds me of an Asimov story.
How do you levitate an egg 5 miles in the air ?
Place it on Mt Everest, then remove the mountain from under it.
( the science is easy, the engineering difficult )

2 hours ago, Genady said:

I don't think @joigus has replied to the second question. I would reply, no. Because "touching" implies a spacetime relation while entanglement does not. 

I see what you mean ,but actually I had in mind the initial moment when entanglement  occurs .

Not "touching",I suppose but total "closeness" maybe?

18 minutes ago, geordief said:

I see what you mean ,but actually I had in mind the initial moment when entanglement  occurs .

Not "touching",I suppose but total "closeness" maybe?

I am not sure what is total closeness, but it makes sense that for two particles to become entangled they need to interact.

However, the situation gets tricky when you have a system of three particles. They don't need to interact all together, or pairwise to become entangled. For example, you can get particles A and B entangled by making them interact. Then, while A is separated, you can get B and C entangled by making them interact. This can make A entangled with the pair BC, although A is far away from both, and A never interacts with C.

This is what happens in quantum teleportation.

10 minutes ago, Genady said:

However, the situation gets tricky when you have a system of three particles. They don't need to interact all together, or pairwise to become entangled. For example, you can get particles A and B entangled by making them interact. Then, while A is separated, you can get B and C entangled by making them interact. This can make A entangled with the pair BC, although A is far away from both, and A never interacts with C.

This is what happens in quantum teleportation.

That is very interesting(to say the least)

I  want  to  thank  every one  who  responds  and takes their time to  answer  but  unfortunately .....the  reputation  system limits  the  amount of likes i  can  give...........dont know  why ........

On 2/1/2023 at 11:48 AM, Saber said:

So   does that  mean really  nothing  touches  anything  else  in the world ?  only  approaches  its  limit ?

From a legal point of view, I don't think that would get you off a charge of touching something you shouldn't have. You would stand more chance if you claimed it was accidental !!     😉