Why are there so few African Americans in CrossFit?

molbol2000

I think about it and had version that high Intensive training and explosive loads are not comfortable for afroamericans  due to their natural properties.
And although in big sports they cope with this normally, for example, they even lead in the sprint, boxing and so on, pharmacology and a specific professional approach to training and politics of sport cannot be disregarded there. And contrary  CrossFit shows the general picture in mass-society.
What do you think about it? And if it wrong opinion, what is real reason of this?

5 minutes ago, studiot said:

I think you should refrain from posting this obnoxious nonsense.

I watch a lot of CrossFit videos, there really aren't many African Americans. This is a fact, what is nonsense? There must be an explanation for this?

For example

take any video and it will be about the same

I look at lots of aquaria and that might give me the impression that all fish are brightly coloured and patterened.

My friend looks at the fish on the slab in lots of fishmongers and concludes that most fish are white fleshed.

Another friend opened the door and looked inside a smokery. He concluded that all fish are yellowy brown.

Who is correct ?

In other words who has followed the Scientific method to properly gather and analyse evidence?

Where is your proper evidence ?

Edited by studiot

1 minute ago, studiot said:

Where is your proper evidence ?

it is obvious, they are in front of your eyes. Anyone can be convinced of this simply by opening any video hosting
video files are documentary evidence, there is nothing more reliable than this

39 minutes ago, molbol2000 said:

it is obvious, they are in front of your eyes. Anyone can be convinced of this simply by opening any video hosting

video files are documentary evidence, there is nothing more reliable than this

Except:

• How does one ensure a comprehensive and objective analysis of the videos?
  • How does one ensure one has selected a representative example of of accessible videos?
  • How does one ensure that the accessible videoes are fully representative of all the videos?
  • How does one ensure that the producers of the videos have not been selective of their shots?

In short, while videos would be a good potential source of data, to declare that "there is nothing more reliable than this" calls into question your ability to carry out a scientific analysis.

1 hour ago, molbol2000 said:

I think about it and had version that high Intensive training and explosive loads are not comfortable for afroamericans  due to their natural properties.
And although in big sports they cope with this normally, for example, they even lead in the sprint, boxing and so on, pharmacology and a specific professional approach to training and politics of sport cannot be disregarded there. And contrary  CrossFit shows the general picture in mass-society.
What do you think about it? And if it wrong opinion, what is real reason of this?

It's probably a mix of cultural, geographical and sociological factors with some genetic flavours. You could ask why theres so many afroamericans in NBA or why afroamericans have larger penises than whites or asians on average or why theres more afroamericans in hip-hop. These questions are equally intensely significant and interesting as spending my day at home today again locked in quarantine. 

44 minutes ago, Area54 said:

Except:

• How does one ensure a comprehensive and objective analysis of the videos?
  • How does one ensure one has selected a representative example of of accessible videos?
  • How does one ensure that the accessible videoes are fully representative of all the videos?
  • How does one ensure that the producers of the videos have not been selective of their shots?

In short, while videos would be a good potential source of data, to declare that "there is nothing more reliable than this" calls into question your ability to carry out a scientific analysis.

You can stick to your opinion, but I stick to mine.
I think that your "arguments" are just demagoguery. You can also demand proof that there are five fingers on the hand, with the same arguments. This is not really interesting to anyone.

42 minutes ago, koti said:

You could ask why theres so many afroamericans in NBA

I mentioned that professional sports are more dependent on politics and there is much that is achieved by artificial methods.
It is clear that African Americans have been actively promoting in American sports since about the 60s. For example, in the days of Foreman and Fraser, American boxing darkened dramatically. Before that, it was at least half white. Marchiano, Dempsey etc. and I dont't think the reason is rasism. There were many afroamericans in american boxing before it

42 minutes ago, koti said:

or why afroamericans have larger penises

I think this is medya myth

Edited by molbol2000

15 minutes ago, molbol2000 said:

You can stick to your opinion, but I stick to mine.
I think that your "arguments" are just demagoguery. You can also demand proof that there are five fingers on the hand, with the same arguments. This is not really interesting to anyone.

I did not offer an opinion. I offered a suite of substantive objections that, seemingly, you are unable to refute.

My 'arguments' are reasoned objections, I leave demagoguery to those who are short on evidence or conscience.

There are many people who were born with fewer than five fingers , or who have lost one or more by accident, while there is the occassional six fingered person.  As to interest, accuracy should always be of interest to serious enquirers.

!

Moderator Note

You gave not established the premise of your question is true. You have provided an anecdote.

2 hours ago, molbol2000 said:

!

Moderator Note

And what are these “natural properties”?  Can you answer without treading away from a scientific analysis?

This comment applies to all participants in the thread

5 minutes ago, molbol2000 said:  

I don't know how I can try. In my opinion, biology and anthropology are quite scientific disciplines
!

Moderator Note

Yes they are. And you should be able to cite scientific findings to support any claims you make, rather than make blanket assertions of a possibly dubious nature. Don’t make assertions you can’t back up

3 minutes ago, molbol2000 said:

it's just a hypothesis
!

Moderator Note

Then you have to support it and provide evidence for it. Making the assumption that it’s true, that your reason is correct, and forging ahead with discussion is not how this works.