Capitalism

IDoNotCare

Instead of doing science, let's see what the highest number the average Murrciann can count to and make that the price for everything.

Grow the fuck up, I won't participate in this idiocracy

Edited by IDoNotCare

Don't borrow and you'll never be a slave to debt.

If, on the other hand, you're greedy, and you want a nice house, a nice car, the latest iPhone, the best schools for your kids, and two vacations a year, go ahead and borrow. Lenders are only too glad to have you pay interest.
But don't be confused.
You're not a slave to debt, but to your own greed.

Debt is an extremely powerful tool, but like all tools it must be wielded intelligently and with a clear understanding of risks. 

The entrepreneur who scales her manufacturing to meet the demand when it hits, but does so through a loan. 

The parent who lives rurally, but acquires s better paying job in the city in order to send their children to a better school and achieve a better future for them, but who can only do so by taking out a loan on a car. 

The person who takes a mortgage on a house to live in an area with more benefits and better schools, and who with each payment on that mortgage contributes to their own future equity. 

Or the craftsman who borrows to buy materials to build a product they can sell at 4-10x the input costs, or the street food vendor who borrows for her ingredients or the plates to serve her customers upon... customers who help her earn several multiples of what she initially went into debt to acquire.

Like any tool, debt used wisely is a powerful path to escape poverty and build a better tomorrow. Microlending programs across the planet demonstrate the validity of this point every single day and they have for decades. Also just like any tool, debt in the hands of those who use it ignorantly or with abandon is a risk that comes with real and fairly predictable long-term consequences. 

Unfortunately, idontcare, the only tool here seems to be you, with your sweeping generalizations and desire to preach instead of discuss. It’s okay that you’re not a fan of debt, but you’re failing miserably to recruit others to your perspective.

I’m sympathetic to your core point about the risks of debt and how so many millions (even billions) on our planet are harmed by it... and how many are everyday harmed by cronies who wield the power of debt and credit like a weapon upon the masses... but unfortunately you squander that sympathy and evaporate my patience with your continued soap boxing and closed mindedness. It seems you’d rather scream into an abyss and rake muck than to partner with others to explore potential solutions or improvements... and AFAIC you may just as well toss yourself straight into that endless void and never come out if you choose to persist in displaying this lack of interest in being better or trying harder to be a rational and reasonable discussion participant. 

Edited by iNow

3 hours ago, MigL said:

Soooo ...
You want to discuss a bad movie ?

Why do you think it was a bad movie? I liked it...

Character played by Leonardo DiCaprio says about 50% commission from penny stocks trading..

As a somebody who has years of experience in stocks.. here we have stockbroker's commission less than 2% even if you order stocks by phone. With on-line trading it can go very low, to less than 0.25% the last time I purchased stocks (when you're doing day-trading i.e. buy and sell in the same day). Movie presents past times '90 or so..

I even wrote application (actually two) for calculation stockbroker's commission (it is added during buying and during selling, with minimum on the both), to tell me when stocks will be worth selling (i.e. enter amount and stock price, output with commission, enter current price, output with commission, calculate final-sell-price minus final-buy-price)

People/companies with high volume (i.e. VIP) can negotiate custom stockbroker's commission fee..

This movie is about how salesman of whatever can manipulate weak mind people.....

Now you have POTUS-world-gun-salesman/peddler...

Peddler with airplane.

4 hours ago, IDoNotCare said:

Instead of doing science, let's see what the highest number the average Murrciann can count to and make that the price for everything.

... in that statement you are right ... most people only think of money, how to get it, etc etc. etc.

Edited by Sensei

22 minutes ago, Sensei said:

... in that statement you are right ... most people only think of money, how to get it, etc etc. etc.

Leonardo DiCaprio is hands down the greatest actor IMHO.

Anyway I could on about the mismanagement of resources, disparity, poverty, all because of how idiotic the ancient form of barter has been defiled into.

The only thing being done about the atrocities of the obsolete Ancient Lydian construct s the Venus test city expected to be built in Arizona and I am literally watching at a snail's pace the percentages on this page:

https://www.thevenusproject.com/center-for-resource-management/ Click 6. Our Progress To Date and Next Steps - go down to build infrastructure >show details>

"

Agriculture & Meal Plans: 10%

Energy Production: 10%

Water Resource Management: 15%

Landscaping: 10%

Electrical Distribution Network: 5%

IT/Telecommunications Network: 0%

Transportation: 10%

District Energy: 0%

Business Model: 15%

Exhibition Of The Future: 5%

Access center: 0%

Restaurant: 7%

Living Premises: 10%

Rise like molasses.

1 hour ago, iNow said:

Debt is an extremely powerful tool, but like all tools it must be wielded intelligently and with a clear understanding of risks. 

The entrepreneur who scales her manufacturing to meet the demand when it hits, but does so through a loan. 

The parent who lives rurally, but acquires s better paying job in the city in order to send their children to a better school and achieve a better future for them, but who can only do so by taking out a loan on a car. 

The person who takes a mortgage on a house to live in an area with more benefits and better schools, and who with each payment on that mortgage contributes to their own future equity. 

Or the craftsman who borrows to buy materials to build a product they can sell at 4-10x the input costs, or the street food vendor who borrows for her ingredients or the plates to serve her customers upon... customers who help her earn several multiples of what she initially went into debt to acquire.

Like any tool, debt used wisely is a powerful path to escape poverty and build a better tomorrow. Microlending programs across the planet demonstrate the validity of this point every single day and they have for decades. Also just like any tool, debt in the hands of those who use it ignorantly or with abandon is a risk that comes with real and fairly predictable long-term consequences. 

Unfortunately, idontcare, the only tool here seems to be you, with your sweeping generalizations and desire to preach instead of discuss. It’s okay that you’re not a fan of debt, but you’re failing miserably to recruit others to your perspective.

I’m sympathetic to your core point about the risks of debt and how so many millions (even billions) on our planet are harmed by it... and how many are everyday harmed by cronies who wield the power of debt and credit like a weapon upon the masses... but unfortunately you squander that sympathy and evaporate my patience with your continued soap boxing and closed mindedness. It seems you’d rather scream into an abyss and rake muck than to partner with others to explore potential solutions or improvements... and AFAIC you may just as well toss yourself straight into that endless void and never come out if you choose to persist in displaying this lack of interest in being better or trying harder to be a rational and reasonable discussion participant. 

You're twisting things justify a catastrophe that has grown out of control this is how debt can be used

3 hours ago, MigL said:

Soooo ...

No, here the Lydians invented currency, it started getting nefariously used in Ancient Rome, now it's become a technical setback

5 hours ago, MigL said:

Soooo ...

I just want to know why apartment policy, tax collectors, a mortgage company, get to have armed thugs when someone doesn't pay even if he's non-violent and has no thugs of his own. Taxation is theft, it's not your home if you have to pay for it. So it really comes to the police who choose to respond to those calls and the blame also goes to the government that said such things go. We're basically going back to ancient Rome where anything goes to enforce policy. Didn't build it, got in somehow, people who won't leave or work until they feel safe. My America.

Another problem I have is lives in such situations, which police are specifically not trained handle home seizures because now where getting into the feds where there really is no other reason than more dumb people said it's okay to remove all non-payers where smarter people wouldn't have allowed said situation to occur watching someone grow and letting them slip through the cracks. Popular vote is a problem, being larger in number does not equal having more morality or more expertise and matters regarding basic needs, needs to be handled more delicately than this and I wouldn't give it to properly especially never involve currency rules in actual life and death potential call power under workers thumbs. I think it's too silly, it has to fall in the realm barbarism. This is not thought out enough.

And you know what, resource based such circumstances would hardly effect anything given that production is up and demand is down, we make things faster than we use them. So why are there homeless people? So somewhere some housing scarcity is manufactured and there's a deeper truth to way people conduct themselves and modern capitalism at least gives them something meaningless to hide behind.

Edited by IDoNotCare

!

Moderator Note

This isn’t your blog. Posting a video must be accompanied by sufficiently descriptive text to facilitate the discussion.

2 hours ago, IDoNotCare said:

Taxation is theft

!

Moderator Note

Bad faith arguments are also against the rules