Wash away of $1Trillion worth of marshes

Ken123456

Please review and comment. Louisiana marshes are destined to be washed away by Mississippi River Diversions. Talked to CPRA (Coastal Protection Restoration Authority) and they agree the marshes will wash away for 40 years because fertilizers from the river will feed marshes with plant having shorter roots and hurricanes will wash them away. Also talked to the CORPS and they do not know what will happen and asked me to share my concept with CPRA. Below pictures show different aspects of my concept and the Diversion Master Plan has thanked me for sharing the concept. Basically, 1312204070_FlowchartWildMarshSurvival.thumb.jpg.68215862dc388684b76540668c305787.jpgthe concept sends diversion waters to open waters west of the river when tides are decreasing and the diversion will stay in the waters and not flow into marshes. When tides are increasing diversion will be closed preventing diversion water from entering the marshes.

Timelinea.jpg

Edited by Ken123456
Update

19 hours ago, Ken123456 said:

Anyone interested?

Maybe, but as stated above your pictures are not showing.

Ans some more explanation maybe?

What do you mean with "wash away"? transformed in open sea, or transformed in agriculture? or what else?

Edited by michel123456

20 hours ago, Roamer said:

your pictures aren't showing.

Also, since when are marshes worth money ?

Thanks, please see some pictures attached. I should have stated  "the loss of marshes from New Orleans to the Gulf of Mexico about 30 miles wii cost  $1Trillion in habitat loss which also includes commercial and sport fishing.  Are there any flaws in my concept?  Published reference: Could Mississippi River diversions cause land loss instead of land gain? https://www.nola.com/news/environment/article_477955f7-0112-5811-83ad-96263bcd46f7.html

My site with more information; 

Wild Marshes Will Survive , Roll Down 60 % Part 3

https://mhiparish.webs.com/about

Flow chart Wild Marsh Survival.jpg

SK-Flow Scaled.jpg

Timelinea.jpg

SF Velocity Cone.jpg

Future Lobe.jpg

2 hours ago, michel123456 said:

Maybe, but as stated above your pictures are not showing.

Ans some more explanation maybe?

What do you mean with "wash away"? transformed in open sea, or transformed in agriculture? or what else?

Please see link for pictures and more information.

Marshes are transformed to open sea. Wash away is a term used by ones against diversions as planned. This has happened in a small test diversion when 40 square miles of marsh washed away after hurricane Katrina hit the coast of Louisiana. 

Mississippi River diversions led to land loss, not growth, study says: Implications are 'obvious' 

https://www.nola.com/news/environment/article_a1df60ba-c05d-11e9-bf17-d70dd5dd90dc.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share&fbclid=IwAR0pywQA68UN2fGvRdrH0Kv6hQ_XAzIhO96jl5WlqL1e6uUoIfkT4dX1irs/

Edited by Ken123456
Update

21 hours ago, Roamer said:

your pictures aren't showing.

Also, since when are marshes worth money ?

Not just money but lives and livelihoods too.

Read this

https://www.bloomsbury.com/us/the-attacking-ocean-9781608196920/

About The Attacking Ocean

The past fifteen thousand years--the entire span of human civilization--have witnessed dramatic sea level changes, which began with rapid global warming at the end of the Ice Age, when sea levels were more than 700 feet below modern levels. Over the next eleven millennia, the oceans climbed in fits and starts. These rapid changes had little effect on those humans who experienced them, partly because there were so few people on earth, and also because they were able to adjust readily to new coastlines.
Global sea levels stabilized about six thousand years ago except for local adjustments that caused often quite significant changes to places like the Nile Delta. So the curve of inexorably rising seas flattened out as urban civilizations developed in Egypt, Mesopotamia, and South Asia. The earth's population boomed, quintupling from the time of Christ to the Industrial Revolution. The threat from the oceans increased with our crowding along shores to live, fish, and trade.
Since 1860, the world has warmed significantly and the ocean's climb has speeded. The sea level changes are cumulative and gradual; no one knows when they will end. The Attacking Ocean, from celebrated author Brian Fagan, tells a tale of the rising complexity of the relationship between humans and the sea at their doorsteps, a complexity created not by the oceans, which have changed but little. What has changed is us, and the number of us on earth.

That is out of my knowledge. The only thing I can say is that trying to change the elements (river, sea, land) in a specific way most of the times drive to unexpected results. I have the experience where a hotel constructed a small dock in the sea for his single inflated boat sportcraft had the result to erase completely its sandy beach.

14 minutes ago, michel123456 said:

That is out of my knowledge. The only thing I can say is that trying to change the elements (river, sea, land) in a specific way most of the times drive to unexpected results. I have the experience where a hotel constructed a small dock in the sea for his single inflated boat sportcraft had the result to erase completely its sandy beach.

Yes, the 'Law of unintended consequences'. +1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unintended_consequences

Incorrect thread. Sorry

t is happening this year, The CORPS is sending a design for a $1 billion diversion and it is the one I am referring to. I suggest the Tidal Pulsing to minimize wash away of the marshes. Our Governor has expedited the design with overtime engineering and construction. My concept may help and the CPRA (Coastal Restoration and Restoration Authority) thanked me for the suggestion. http://coastal.la.gov/

To be seen ff Tidal Pulsing is used.

Flow chart Wild Marsh Survival.jpg

SK-Flow Scaled.jpg

Timelinea.jpg

SF Velocity Cone.jpg

Future Lobe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 6:57 PM, Ken123456 said:

Please review and comment. Louisiana marshes are destined to be washed away by Mississippi River Diversions. Talked to CPRA (Coastal Protection Restoration Authority) and they agree the marshes will wash away for 40 years because fertilizers from the river will feed marshes with plant having shorter roots and hurricanes will wash them away. Also talked to the CORPS and they do not know what will happen and asked me to share my concept with CPRA. Below pictures show different aspects of my concept and the Diversion Master Plan has thanked me for sharing the concept. Basically, 1312204070_FlowchartWildMarshSurvival.thumb.jpg.68215862dc388684b76540668c305787.jpgthe concept sends diversion waters to open waters west of the river when tides are decreasing and the diversion will stay in the waters and not flow into marshes. When tides are increasing diversion will be closed preventing diversion water from entering the marshes.

Timelinea.jpg

The marshes of 20000 years ago were already washed away

Funny how the Earth survived without Neanderthals banning campfires