Hi, kinda new here

marmle

Just thought I would say Hi and introduce myself.  I have always been interested in pretty much all sciences.  My main interests are with electronics, computers and photography the style of which I am having to adjust what with the current lockdown.  Since I am spending pretty much all my time at home at the moment,  I find myself sat at my computer a lot more,  which gives me time to edit some of the photos I have taken.

Welcome.
You can get some very nice architectural photos, without all the people ruining the shots.
They have a very eerie 'feeling'.

I may go out this weekend and do some shooting.
( and co-operative weather )

1 hour ago, MigL said:

You can get some very nice architectural photos, without all the people ruining the shots.

You can easily do it with them ruining shots. You just have to make a few photos from tripod, instead of just one *). Then in Photoshop you place one photo in background layer, other one in foreground layer, etc. with the rest, if more photos have been taken, and then use eraser tool. It reveals what is in below layer. It is kinda entertaining.

Newer Photoshop versions can even do it automatically analyzing sequence of images. See this tutorial:

*) I always do multiple shots of the same scene. Because one might be out of focus.

When I've used an editor, I've used GIMP.
But fixing the image 'after the fact' takes away from the fun of trying to get the best shot possible.
I'm strictly amateur, with a couple of Nikon DSLRs, an assortment of lenses, and a monopod.
( have a tripod, but VR lenses and the monopod are easier to set-up; my hands don't shake that much yet )

21 hours ago, MigL said:

When I've used an editor, I've used GIMP.
But fixing the image 'after the fact' takes away from the fun of trying to get the best shot possible.
I'm strictly amateur, with a couple of Nikon DSLRs, an assortment of lenses, and a monopod.
( have a tripod, but VR lenses and the monopod are easier to set-up; my hands don't shake that much yet )

Same, since i switched over to linux 3 years ago I have been using GIMP I also use RawTherapee which is a great program considering its open source, but it is nice if you can get a perfect shot,  but it is not always possible to get that perfect shot every time.

I have a Nikon D5600 myself and a few lenses.

Its funny the first thread I start on a science forum turns into a discussion on photography,  mind you I suppose the two subjects are related in many ways, optics, chemistry, electronics etc.