Universal Concept of Time (Is the Big Bang wrong?)

8 minutes ago, Dave Enamu said:

So what d’ya say.

!

Moderator Note

I'd say you're off topic for this thread. You don't have to respond if you don't understand. Please open a thread and let everyone know at what level you wish to discuss the topic you choose. Please don't hijack someone else's thread.

23 minutes ago, Dave Enamu said:

So there’s no room for the ordinary guy is this elitism or what?

You can ask questions about what you don't know. It's the same with any subject that's evidence-based. If you don't  know anything you can't add anything useful to a body of knowledge.

Edited by StringJunky

29 minutes ago, Dave Enamu said:

So there’s no room for the ordinary guy is this elitism or what?

!

Moderator Note

You're in the wrong thread, that's all. Fight your weight, or pick another poker table, or just ask questions and learn. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're out of your league IN THIS INSTANCE, and there's a whole lot wrong with walking into a conversation with complaints about it's high intellectual level. 

Seriously, would you walk into any other specialty group discussing something and demand they stop using words you don't understand? It's not always about you.

No more off-topic chatter. Stick to the subject.

1 hour ago, Dave Enamu said:

I’ve only recently joined this forum, and I’m not ashamed to say that a lot of this goes over the top of my head. I’m just an ordinary guy who sees things in a simple way and not all this gobbledygook I’m not clued up with all these equations. Let’s bring it down a level so us ordinary guys can join in. Another thing what’s with the names are they to make you sound mystical and magic - why not use your given names? Come on lads if you let the ordinary guy in it might open up a new world. So what d’ya say.

So what was it you wanted explained?

18 hours ago, Dave Enamu said:

I’ve only recently joined this forum, and I’m not ashamed to say that a lot of this goes over the top of my head. I’m just an ordinary guy who sees things in a simple way and not all this gobbledygook I’m not clued up with all these equations. Let’s bring it down a level so us ordinary guys can join in. Another thing what’s with the names are they to make you sound mystical and magic - why not use your given names? Come on lads if you let the ordinary guy in it might open up a new world. So what d’ya say.

I had a teacher of classical field theory many years ago who, answering to a student who complained for his constant use of tensor analysis, replied:

"If you want to understand Chinese poetry, it's a good idea to learn some Chinese."

I'm sorry for the use of overly technical gobbledygook as AxB = C.

You want to understand cosmology, the nature of time and what not, that's fair enough. Why don't you meet me halfway (or a tenth of the way), and remind yourself of what multiplication and division of simple numbers is? You do need some mathematics if you want to understand anything at all about time and the big bang. You can't just declare simple maths as off-limits.

Ordinary guy is OK with me. An "ordinary conversation about the origin of time" is a different matter. There is no such a thing.

Let me give you an example: Would you ask an economist to explain to you about the economy, without using concepts as interest rate, inflation, GDP or the like?