Calculation of TIME DILATATION with Calculator problem

DRKFUTURE

I m a noob, I wanted to figure out the time dilation for an observer on earth who passed 50,000 years, and the Traveler at light speed(99.9%) passed ONE DAY. I mean we pass 50,000 years on earth and the Traveler spends One day.Problem is I tried many online calculator, but each one is giving me different result with the same inputs.I m confused.I want to know the result. I also want to consider the LENGTH CONTRACTION/DISTANCE DILATION while calculating this.I m not very good at maths. Can somebody figure this out for me. Please make sure ur calculation is right, bcoz each online Time Dilation calculator gives different answer,which is frustrating!!.

Considering the aforementioned scenario, I want to find out:
1-Time observed by the person on earth
2-Distance Diluted by the traveler

1 hour ago, DRKFUTURE said:

I m a noob, I wanted to figure out the time dilation for an observer on earth who passed 50,000 years, and the Traveler at light speed(99.9%) passed ONE DAY.

These are two different things.

Do you want to work out the time dilation for 99.9% speed of light? If So, it is a factor of 22. 

Or do you want to know what speed you would need to travel to get a time dilation of 18 million in which case it is  99.99999999999984% the speed of light.

(18 million is the ratio of 50,000 years to one day)

Please make sure ur calculation is right, bcoz each online Time Dilation calculator gives different answer,which is frustrating!!.

I have used a couple in the past, and they seem to give consistent results. Which have you tried?

You can use Wolfram, which accepts most sentences as input, for example:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=time+dilation+at+99.9%+*+c

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=length+contraction+at+99.9%+*+c

5 hours ago, Strange said:

These are two different things.

Do you want to work out the time dilation for 99.9% speed of light? If So, it is a factor of 22. 

Or do you want to know what speed you would need to travel to get a time dilation of 18 million in which case it is  99.99999999999984% the speed of light.

(18 million is the ratio of 50,000 years to one day)

THANKU U VERY MUCH FOR THE KIND REPLY. Actually, I want to know if a space traveler can travel at light speed (100% , not 99.9%) and when he reached earth it is 2 days in total, how much time we, human ,will spend on earth?
One of my Weird Scriptures says that the ANGELS reach GOD in ONE DAY , so Angel comes back to earth the next day, so it takes two days for the Angel to reach earth (one day to reach god, other day to come back earth). I want to find out how much time, we will spend on earth. ( my scripture says its 50,000 years for us, and 1 day for angel, which is incompatible ).I knw this may bother  u, but I need to debunk it, people r claiming miracle in it ... 

29 minutes ago, Endy0816 said:

For the second case above you can use:

(1 day / 50K years) * L1 = L2

to find the contracted distance.

Thank u very much bro, what does L1 & L2 stand for here ?  (Do I need to know the length of the Traveler as well?)

Edited by DRKFUTURE

2 minutes ago, DRKFUTURE said:

THANKU U VERY MUCH FOR THE KIND REPLY. Actually, I want to know if a space traveler can travel at light speed (100% , not 99.9%) and when he reached earth it is 2 days in total, how much time we, human ,will spend on earth?

No it is not possible to travel at light speed. If you keep accelerating you will get closer and closer but never reach light speed. 

4 minutes ago, DRKFUTURE said:

One of my Weird Scriptures says that the ANGELS reach GOD in ONE DAY , so Angel comes back to earth the next day, so it takes two days for the Angel to reach earth (one day to reach god, other day to come back earth). I want to find out how much time, we will spend on earth. ( my scripture says its 50,000 years for us, and 1 day for angel, which is incompatible ).I knw this may bother  u, but I need to debunk it, people r claiming miracle in it

This nothing to do with science. Believe it or don’t believe it. Your choice. 

Just now, Strange said:

No it is not possible to travel at light speed. If you keep accelerating you will get closer and closer but never reach light speed. 

This nothing to do with science. Believe it or don’t believe it. Your choice. 

yup I knw, I dont buy it, I just want to know if  LIGHT itself takes 2 days to reach earth, how much time we will pass on earth, thats it. 

Edited by DRKFUTURE

47 minutes ago, DRKFUTURE said:

yup I knw, I dont buy it, I just want to know if  LIGHT itself takes 2 days to reach earth, how much time we will pass on earth, thats it. 

So the light is travelling 50 billion kilometres. 

2 days measured by who?

Thank u very much bro, what does L1 & L2 stand for here ?  (Do I need to know the length of the Traveler as well?)

L2 contracted distance

L1 non-contracted distance

Yes. You would normally use the length of the ship at rest for L1.

Edited by Endy0816

Here's the problem:

The equation for time dilation is T = t/sqrt(1-v2/c2)

with c being the speed of light

In your example t = 2 days, v=c, and T would be the time measured on Earth.

But if v=c, the above equation reduces to T = 2/0 days.

2/0 has no answer, it is "undefined". 

Now in reality, we can know how long it takes light as measured by the Earth to travel some distance. For example, we know that it takes roughly 8 min for the light from the Sun to reach the Earth.  So really what you are asking is how much time would the light measure?

That in equation form reduces to 8 min = t/0

But we have run into the same problem, there is no time period that, when divided by zero, gives an answer of 8 min.

The upshot is that it is meaningless to talk about how much time is measured by the light.  In physics parlance, you would say that light, or anything else that travels at c, does not have a valid inertial frame from which to make measurements.

2 hours ago, Strange said:

So the light is travelling 50 billion kilometres. 

2 days measured by who?

nope its not like that, Distance of the planet/star doesnt matter here. Rest Time is 2 Days, and we need to find out the relative time on earth.Considering the traveler travels at 99.9% of light speed. Actually its for me to understand the concept clearly. 

I myself tried the calculator u gave me, Wud u pls check the screenshot, if my inputs are correct. I get 22.3666 days (536.8 hr) on earth for 1 DAY in Space with 99.9% of light speed.

LINK - SCREENSHOT

Edited by DRKFUTURE

43 minutes ago, DRKFUTURE said:

I myself tried the calculator u gave me, Wud u pls check the screenshot, if my inputs are correct. I get 22.3666 days (536.8 hr) on earth for 1 DAY in Space with 99.9% of light speed.

That is correct:

9 hours ago, Strange said:

9 hours ago, Strange said:

yup, its 99.9% speed of light.

I dont know the LENGTH of the space traveler in my case, I also dont know how the Length Contraction affect the result of the above formula, can u explain a bit? All I need to know the relative time we , on earth, will observe for the traveler who traveled TWO DAYS (round trip) in space.

One more thing can u figure out the distance of the remote planet the traveler went in one day (single trip)? 

50 minutes ago, DRKFUTURE said:

yup, its 99.9% speed of light.

I dont know the LENGTH of the space traveler in my case, I also dont know how the Length Contraction affect the result of the above formula, can u explain a bit? All I need to know the relative time we , on earth, will observe for the traveler who traveled TWO DAYS (round trip) in space.

One more thing can u figure out the distance of the remote planet the traveler went in one day (single trip)? 

In one day, as measured by the traveler, he will have traveled about 22.3 Light days as measured by the Earth. This is about 1/70 the distance to the nearest star or 3863 times the distance of the Earth from the Sun.  

Length contraction does not directly alter this result,  As far as the Earth is concerned, the length contraction of the ship does not alter either the distance traveled by the ship of the time it takes to travel the distance.

From the perspective of the space traveler, length contraction shrinks that 22.3 light days down to  just under 2 light days, and he doesn't measure any time dilation.  Thus according to him he traveled traveled just short of 2 light days in 2 days, traveling at 99.9% of c. *

* though to be technically correct, from his perspective, it is the Earth that traveled that 2 light days in two days.

@Janus I know it may bother u a lot being a science guy, but see how people get Science out of scripture

The angels and the Spirit ascend to Him(to the creator) during a Day the extent of which is fifty thousand years what you count.” 

Here what is indicated by book is that When the Angels are in to their velocity & experience 1 day that will be equivalent to 50,000 years to Human as frame of reference according to Special Theory Of Relativity.

Let's test the math with Time Dialation Law of Albert Einstein.

dT.= time experienced by angel ( 1day)

dT = time measured by Human ( 50000 lunar years x 12 lunar months/lunar year x 27.321661 days/ lunar months)

( I put dell as ‘d' cause I can't write triangular sign )

v = velocity of angel ( which we’re going to calculate)

c = normal light speed ( 299792.458 km/s)  

Here we calculate....

main-qimg-d9cf1e2a98e51b4f65d41c83ae23b7

So, we’ve found Angels velocity is 299792.4579999994km/s..

which is comparable to light speed 299792.458km/s

Einstein Explained, in space nothing can reach the velocity of Light ( except light itself)

but The Angels can reach it comfortably.. So, the Angels has to be made of Light.. :)

1 hour ago, Janus said:

Length contraction does not directly alter this result,  As far as the Earth is concerned, the length contraction of the ship does not alter either the distance traveled by the ship of the time it takes to travel the distance.

correct me if I m wrong, The length of the space ship is not contracted in reality but the space around it contracts to match the time. am I right? 

Edited by DRKFUTURE

15 minutes ago, DRKFUTURE said:

I know it may bother u a lot being a science guy, but see how people get Science out of scripture

They are not getting science out of it. They are misusing a little bit of scientific knowledge to try and justify something that should not need justifying. You have to wonder about people whose faith is so weak they have to make up stuff to reinforce it.

15 minutes ago, DRKFUTURE said:

but The Angels can reach it comfortably.. So, the Angels has to be made of Light..

Something made of light (ie. light) must travel at exactly the speed of light.

If angels travel at 0.99999999999999981 x c then they are not travelling at the speed of light, they are travelling at less than the speed of light; therefore they are made of matter.

Why anyone would care is beyond me. They are angels. Why try and apply science?

17 hours ago, DRKFUTURE said:

I just want to know if  LIGHT itself takes 2 days to reach earth, how much time we will pass on earth, thats it.  

If photons took 2 Earth's days to reach the Earth, they started travel at

d = c * t = 299792458 m/s * 2 * 24 * 3600s = 51,804,136,742,400 m = ~ 51800 millions km = ~51.8 billions km away from the Earth..

Each planet have different meaning/length of "day".

Prediction, observation and measurement of speed of light being finite, predates Einstein by centuries. Jupiter and Saturn have moons, which orbit around them. If you make measurements when the Earth is the closest to Jupiter or Saturn, and repeat measurement half-year later when Earth is on the opposite side of orbit, and the farthest from them, there is visible difference in delay that early astronomers noticed. In the case of Jupiter ~16 minutes. Why? Because the Earth is 300 millions kilometers away (in frame of reference of Solar System). Conclusion of astronomers: speed of light must be finite!

Edited by Sensei

5 hours ago, DRKFUTURE said:

correct me if I m wrong, The length of the space ship is not contracted in reality but the space around it contracts to match the time. am I right? 

3 minutes ago, DRKFUTURE said:

It's relative (hence theory of relativity): it depends on the point of view ("frame of reference"). 

From the frame of reference of the Earth, the spaceship will be shorter. From the frame of reference of the spaceship, the distance to the Earth will be shorter (and the Earth will be flattened).

7 hours ago, DRKFUTURE said:

@Janus I know it may bother u a lot being a science guy, but see how people get Science out of scripture

The angels and the Spirit ascend to Him(to the creator) during a Day the extent of which is fifty thousand years what you count.” 

Here what is indicated by book is that When the Angels are in to their velocity & experience 1 day that will be equivalent to 50,000 years to Human as frame of reference according to Special Theory Of Relativity.

Let's test the math with Time Dialation Law of Albert Einstein.

dT.= time experienced by angel ( 1day)

dT = time measured by Human ( 50000 lunar years x 12 lunar months/lunar year x 27.321661 days/ lunar months)

( I put dell as ‘d' cause I can't write triangular sign )

v = velocity of angel ( which we’re going to calculate)

c = normal light speed ( 299792.458 km/s)  

Here we calculate....

main-qimg-d9cf1e2a98e51b4f65d41c83ae23b7

So, we’ve found Angels velocity is 299792.4579999994km/s..

which is comparable to light speed 299792.458km/s

Einstein Explained, in space nothing can reach the velocity of Light ( except light itself)

but The Angels can reach it comfortably.. So, the Angels has to be made of Light.. :)

If God created the universe then he and his minions (angels) are obviously not an integral part of the universe.  In other words they would not be governed by the laws of physics.  So trying to use physics to describe the movement of angels is a waste of time.