Doug Fisher

Plate Tectonics: A Modern Myth?

20 hours ago, Strange said:

Fourth time: What is the physical mechanism for this expansion? Creation of matter? A big bubble in the Earth? Or ... ?

Sorry for the late reply. I was composing a reply to your first post then was sidetracked.

Science has had roughly 60 years and a lot of man-hours and research invested in developing a theory for plate movement and subduction that still remains a work in progress with many uncertainties remaining. I don’t expect that sort of effort to be applied to Earth expansion until it is proven that the Oceanic trenches are seafloor folds.

20 hours ago, Pekux said:

Funny pictures :-)

My proposal:

On that map Gakkel Ridge is underwater part from Lena river?

Hello Pekux,
If you were to score a thick sheet of plastic all the way to its edge and then grabbed the sheet by the edge and applied stress by attempting to pull the sheet apart, the first place it is most likely to fail is where it is weakest, where the scoring exists. Depending on the material and the scoring, that initial breach could very well be an arced ductile fracture centered immediately on the scoring. Many of the planet’s coastal ductile fractures are occurring where preexisting fractures extend out to the coast. This is why we see these secondary fractures extending from many of the examples I have provided and riverways often flow along these fractures. Rio de la Plata, Lena and the Rio Grande are all centered and extend off the back of ductile fractures.

16 hours ago, studiot said:

1) No, nor are you a Scientist or you would not be relying on one piece of 'evidence' alone. I am trying to help you act like a Scientist, whilst keeping an open mind about your proposals.

True I am not a scientist, but there is a higher level of predictability and consistency that comes when ascribing the formation of seafloor ridges to continental fractures versus the alternatives offered by plate tectonics as I have demonstrated here. My theory recognizes both island arcs and truncated seafloor ridges as plate boundaries, while plate tectonics maintains island arcs are formed by subduction and truncated seafloor ridges are formed by hotspots. My theory also accurately predicts that the ridges consistently extend directly from fracture points like ductile cusps or like the ends of Madagascar, while plate tectonics has yet to recognize or acknowledge the obvious consistent correlation between ductile arcs and seafloor ridges. It would appear to relegate this repeatability to coincidence.

2) I see that your animation contains some actual subduction at the hinge. Whoops!.

LOL. That's fair. Never claimed to have great animation/artistic skills.

1) How can you be sure Asia did not rotate the other way? Afterall the principal plate activity is rotation, not translation and the  Asian Plate is not different.

Excellent point. In Maps, Myths & Paradigms that is exactly my claim. I feel that initially explaining it relative to Kamchatka is far easier to grasp. Here is an image from the book depicting the rotation of the Asian continent to the west while downward-facing splinter fractures remain anchored to the Pacific Plate.

splinters.jpg

Also, thanks for the Kamchatka link. I have visited Oregon’s site many, many times. I don’t believe that I had seen this particular paper, but it is similar to one I had come across elsewhere which favored similar origins to explain the dual ranges so it might have been derivative.

1 hour ago, Doug Fisher said:

Until you propose a mechanism for the Earth to expand your ideas fall flat. It's like you are trying to prove the moon and the sun are the same size in the sky while rejecting the heliocentric model of the solar system...