Dak

Avatars in particular are very telling. Sayonara, for example, used to use an avatar of Invader ZIM because he aspires to rule to Earth. dave used to use one of a small fish because, presumably, he is fond of water which is contained in glass tanks. blike and YT2095 use old pictures of themselves because they think they looked better back then.

Do you think someones choice of avitar (and possibly username) says anything about them?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, are you Jesus, or do you just like Dogma?

hahaha. yes. i am the reincarnation of jesus christ.

its a combo. partially because i really like dogma, and specifically their buddy christ, partially because if i were going to believe in any version of Jesus it would be much closer to the version represented in Dogma and my favorite book "lamb: the gospel according to biff" than anything the church or bible puts forth.

righty-dokums: how much, and what, does a persons username and avitar say about them?

depends on what it is... im not saying i could tell what a persons name and avatar mean about them, just that it does mean something. youd have to ask them.

for example, AP's avatar probably means shes a big starwars fan... just guessing. :P

Penguins....are related most closely to the albatross and are the most highly specialized of all birds for marine life.

Theyre also the linux symbol, which i feel may have influensed yd's desision to use it as an avitar.

for example, AP's avatar probably means shes a big starwars fan... just guessing.

but how far can you take it? could you deduse that the agressiveness of yodas stanse is reflective of APs psycosis? or is it an attempt to overcompensate for her shameful former life as a cheerleader? or does, as you say, she merely like starwars?

or is she a wrinkly green runt?

are people who use their own image vein? confident? honest? unimaginative?

i dont normally go in for psycoanalysing, but i think its interesting how little aspects of ones persona can (possibly) manifest themselves.

but how far can you take it? could you deduse that the agressiveness of yodas stanse is reflective of APs psycosis? or is it an attempt to overcompensate for her shameful former life as a cheerleader? or does' date=' as you say, she merely like starwars?

or is she a wrinkly green runt?[/quote']

most of this made me laugh out loud. i think its quite possibly a mixture of many of those things, especially the first and last.

are people who use their own image vein? confident? honest? unimaginative?

id go with honest, but who knows.

it could be that they are a tube for pumping blood. :D

sorry i dont normally point out spelling, but i liked that one. (vain)

but how far can you take it? could you deduse that the agressiveness of yodas stanse is reflective of APs psycosis? or is it an attempt to overcompensate for her shameful former life as a cheerleader? or does' date=' as you say, she merely like starwars?

or is she a wrinkly green runt?[/quote']

in her case, i think it is all of the above :D

Let me start by explaining my username. It all started when I first started using the Internet. My Aunt always calls me, "My Boy". So, I tried the username "HerBoy" when I was installing Netscape, my first web browser. Anyway, "HerBoy" was already taken so I decided to change it to "Herme". It didn't take long for me to lose my password. :-(

After I lost my password, I starting using the name, "Herme2". Well, a few more years went by when I lost my password again. :-(

Now, I've been using the name "Herme3" for about 5 years.

I actually just picked my avatar because I saw it in another forum. I just thought it looked funny.

Do you think someones choice of avitar (and possibly username) says anything about them?
Ack, busted! A thread on the main page too!

While usernames and avatars will almost always have particular meaning to the person who uses them, they usually don't say anything to someone else. I mean, what does "J'Dona" mean to anyone besides "awkward to type"?

It might help to take into account other historical details about their avatar, their name, or their signature. For example, it's interesting to watch how often a person changes their avatar (if at all) or what size it is, or if there is a recurring theme. Things like this can be more telling about a person than their actual choice of avatar, like how the way that someone says something can be more significant than what they said. For example, my own progression in avatars since joining (minus a few uncoloured transitional ones) have been something like this:

alienhominidsfn1bi.pngalienhominid2sfn9mr.pngneil8en.pngagony7ch.pngthumbsup26ib.png

There's a trend here, you could say. I also put some effort into making them, since most were originally black and white (at least when I only had Paint to work with), and I care enough to bother posting about it, so I must consider avatars to be quite important. So what does this say about me? Clearly, I am schizophrenic, and my suppressed alien alter-ego seeks detailed portraits as a form of self-expression.

but how far can you take it? could you deduse that the agressiveness of yodas stanse is reflective of APs psycosis? or is it an attempt to overcompensate for her shameful former life as a cheerleader? or does, as you say, she merely like starwars?

meh. I did go out and took the time to specially scan and trim that yoda pic for an avatar, cuz at the time there were no agressive yoda pics available online. I love star Wars, but Yoda especially because he has such a wise view of the universe, and he still kicks ass, yet at heart he's still a teacher and a prankster.

or is she a wrinkly green runt?
I'm neither wrinkly nor green, though I am short. Rest assured, another comment like that, and I'll force feed you a whole pineapple.

I'm neither wrinkly nor green, though I am short. Rest assured, another comment like that, and I'll force feed you a whole pineapple.

a whole pineapple huh?

YOU'RE SHORT AND WRINKLY AND GREEN.

your making me feel bad... your taller than me but your short? now i feel like a midget : (

meh. at least im skin colored and smoothe.

Ok let me give this a shot:

Dak is way too old to like pokemon

yourdad is a newly converted linux fanboy with 1337 pa1nt sk1llz

Bettina's avatar.... my best guess is that it's from one of those movies with creepy kids... ya know like The Grudge or Sixth Sense... I have no idea.

Me, just like the Beasties and CBA to upload a custom avatar.

Okay, so maybe I'd be better at reading palms or something than analyzing avatar's.

a whole pineapple huh?

YOU'RE SHORT AND WRINKLY AND GREEN.

your making me feel bad... your taller than me but your short? now i feel like a midget : (

meh. at least im skin colored and smoothe.

You're looking for me to rethink which hole I stick it in' date=' aren't you, you xenophobic oompa-loompa? :P

"[i']When ninehundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not...mmm?...[/i]"

no, not a fanboy....

I'm not going say anything, but I'll copy some of your own posts...

Linux is a better OS than MS no matter what you say

I hate MS.

you fell for every one of MS's "we are so great, linux is crap" lies.

can't be worse than how MS rules the world

....AOL...*vomits in disgust*...

you can download a lot of programs that are better than their MS counterparts: ex. xpdf, openoffice, wordperfect...

you have been shown that MS is crap

the first one wasn't about Linux v. MS. it was about you being a complete moron.

the second one has nothing to do with being a fanboy. it is just my opinion

the third one is about you being a complete moron.

the fourth one was a joke

fifth one is about AOL being the spawn of Satan(i would know, i'm a minister)

the sixth one is true

the seventh one was a hyperbole to make a point to you

Okay let's stay on topic and away from the linux fanboy thing. I was just having fun.

Dak, I have no idea what your blue dragon thing is, it just reminded me of some kind of pokemon or something- as for the old thing, I was just assuming you're older than 12.

By the way, what is the dragon thing?

the first one wasn't about Linux v. MS. it was about you being a complete moron.

I'm sorry. Somehow I believed the phrase, "Linux is a better OS than MS" might have something to do with comparing Linux and MS. I don't know why I thought that...

the second one has nothing to do with being a fanboy. it is just my opinion

What is the difference between a fanboy and someone sharing their opinion about an OS? When I talk about Windows, you call me a fanboy. When you talk about Linux, why doesn't that make you a fanboy?

Your avatar is the Linux logo! If anyone had the MS flag as their avatar, you would be calling them a fanboy.

fifth one is about AOL being the spawn of Satan(i would know, i'm a minister)

How can you be a minister? You said you didn't even believe in religion!