How come I have lightning quick speed now?

Recently I've had a fly problem in this house because it hadn't rained for the longest time.

When it did rain however, a bunch of flies decided to move in and live in the house.

The first few days I had problems swatting them with the fly swatter and decided to just give up.

About three days ago I began to pick up catching flies by hand. Once they land I'll try and grab them. The first day I did this, I sucked.

Now I'm on the fourth day or so and I'm catching flies with lightning quick speed.

A fly may land on my head and BAM! i'll grab that sucker in about half a second.

How come my body was able to create such lightning quick moves in such a short period of time? It's only been four days or so.

How come my body was able to create such lightning quick moves in such a short period of time? It's only been four days or so.
Your speed has improved slightly, but your anticipation of their moves has increased dramatically. It's part practice, part figuring out subconsciously which way they're going to go.

What are you doing with the ones you catch? This could solve your protein problems. :D

It might also have to do with your muscles re-organizing themselves in the face of this new kind of exercise. Your muscles have 3 types of fibers: fast-twitch (fast but low endurance), slow-twitch (slow but high endurance) and intermediate. Focusing on a particular type of exercise can alter the ratios. I suspect, along with your newfound speed, that you won't be able to hold a 4 lb weigh aloft for as long as before. And if you train to regain your endurance at that, your speed will go down.

Mokele