Wombat poo

Strange

This is huge! This changes everything!

Wombat poop: Scientists reveal mystery behind cube-shaped droppings

Scientists say they have uncovered how and why wombats produce cube-shaped poo - the only known species to do so.

The Australian marsupial can pass up to 100 deposits of poop a night and they use the piles to mark territory. The shape helps it stop rolling away.

Despite having round anuses like other mammals, wombats do not produce round pellets, tubular coils or messy piles.

Researchers revealed on Sunday the varied elasticity of the intestines help to sculpt the poop into cubes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-46258616

Poop3. Fantastic! 

Reminds me of a joke where a politician and a physicist meet on a plane. The politician wants to talk about dark matter, so the physicist says, "First let me ask you this. Even though a deer, a cow, and a wombat are all herbivores and eat grasses, when the deer defecates it comes out in little pellets, a cow makes flat patties, and the wombat makes little cubes. Why is that?"

The politician looks perplexed and says, "I have no idea!"

The physicist looks at him and says, "Well, why should I talk about theoretical physics with you when you don't know shit?"

2 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

The physicist looks at him and says, "Well, why should I talk about theoretical physics with you when you don't know shit?"

:)

I was quite surprised to hear a senior American diplomat say of someone, in a fairly formal context, that "they don't know from Shinola". I guess that has lost its scatalogical origins.

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

:)

I was quite surprised to hear a senior American diplomat say of someone, in a fairly formal context, that "they don't know from Shinola". I guess that has lost its scatalogical origins.

That IS diplomatic. It also sounds like Yiddish syntax.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.