The Moons Atomosphere

Theredbarron

47 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

No. It starts with very fast rotating mass that's inside the planet that creates this void that I'm going after. Weather or not its the start of gravity is up in the air to me right now.

It cant just enter the empty space is the idea. Its just attracted to it and if its going fast enough it may stick like in an orbit around it is what I picture or the correct trajectory like our atmosphere.  

mine is rotating fast but the surface speed is barely 1mph. 

Another question I have is if solar winds are apart of the suns atmosphere and its contacting us even at a minimal degree is the moon collecting part of this atmosphere?

Edited by Theredbarron
words

16 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

mine is rotating fast but the surface speed is barely 1mph. 

Another question I have is if solar winds are apart of the suns atmosphere and its contacting us even at a minimal degree is the moon collecting part of this atmosphere?

The solar wind is exactly where the moon gets what little atmosphere it has. The solar wind is really nothing but a very good vacuum containing a tiny amount of charged particles ie ions. 

Planets get their atmospheres from outgassing like from volcanoes and the gases that were attracted by its gravity during formation. For the Earth and other inner rocky planets volcanoes are the primary source, the solar nebula was the source for the larger gas giants. 

Yours is rotating fast? Your what exactly? 

Just now, Moontanman said:

Yours is rotating fast? Your what exactly? 

I made this wheel that I'm trying to test and figure out what I can do with it. It draws air and light weight stuff like paper to it when its out in the open with a tube to direct its effects.

I had made the comparison to gravity earlier on another topic so I'm trying to avoid that part.

2 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

I made this wheel that I'm trying to test and figure out what I can do with it. It draws air and light weight stuff like paper to it when its out in the open with a tube to direct its effects.

I think you're creating a vortex from the air swirling around it, take away the air and you take away the "attraction"...  Exactly how is this connected to the atmosphere of the moon? 

Edited by Moontanman

14 hours ago, Theredbarron said:

Yes is it initially static possibly or is it simple the motion as to how it collects its atmosphere?

12 hours ago, Theredbarron said:

if solar winds are apart of the suns atmosphere

13 hours ago, Theredbarron said:

rotating mass that's inside the planet

Let’s try another angle, this is not a very precise description but this simplified version is OK given the context. I think the mainstream view is that:
-Rotation of a planet core can have impact of the magnetic field that surrounds the planet.
-A planet’s magnetic field can protect the atmosphere from solar wind.
That connects rotation, magnetism, solar wind, atmosphere and opens for discussion about other parameters than gravity alone? Is this the topic you wish to discuss?  

14 hours ago, Theredbarron said:

This is speculations and I'm speculating. 

Yes, that is obvious. And I have to speculate about what you are speculating about :)

19 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

Yes, that is obvious. And I have to speculate about what you are speculating about :)

He thinks that the spinning mass generates a gravity field which you can direct down a steel pipe. See his other thread. He also stated it was not gravity but air pressure on the earth pushing us down that provided the force for us to stick to the earth rather than gravity. I am not sure how those 2 'theories' are supposed to fit together, but the lack of atmosphere on the moon kinda blows the second one away. Simple observation destroys the first.

29 minutes ago, DrP said:

He thinks that the spinning mass generates a gravity field which you can direct down a steel pipe. See his other thread. He also stated it was not gravity but air pressure on the earth pushing us down that provided the force for us to stick to the earth rather than gravity. I am not sure how those 2 'theories' are supposed to fit together, but the lack of atmosphere on the moon kinda blows the second one away. Simple observation destroys the first.

This was the other thread right? And yes I think that if I pushed on something with 14.7 psi all the time from all around it might stay put if there is nothing else to move it. 

54 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

Let’s try another angle, this is not a very precise description but this simplified version is OK given the context. I think the mainstream view is that:
-Rotation of a planet core can have impact of the magnetic field that surrounds the planet.
-A planet’s magnetic field can protect the atmosphere from solar wind.
That connects rotation, magnetism, solar wind, atmosphere and opens for discussion about other parameters than gravity alone? Is this the topic you wish to discuss?

Yes. This is why the moon is interesting. It doesn't have a magnetic field like earth which would lead me to believe that the core is either not moving fast enough to generate it or it doesn't have enough of the right materials either in the core or the crust to generate a notable magnetic field. What I read is that it has some of the right materials but is it spinning fast enough to generate a magnetic field big enough to effect the surface?

Another thought is that as matter rubs up against each other an seperates it creates static electricity correct? Some matter more then others as they separate. What happens when this matter moves a lot faster then a balloon rubbing on carpet?

Isn't static electricity an attraction between materials electrical properties that includes insulators?

The more up on the table of elements the more actual electrons an protons are available to be attracted. This is what makes me think is why bigger or more dense attracts more.

What would something weigh on the poles of the moon?

13 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

This was the other thread right? And yes I think that if I pushed on something with 14.7 psi all the time from all around it might stay put if there is nothing else to move it. 

So why do you fall when you get above the air then?  Where is the 'air pressure' coming from when you are up above the atmosphere on the edge of space? Why is there gravity on the moon?  I am finding it hard to believe you actually believe this. Why is there air pressure at all if gravity isn't pulling on the air squashing it to the earth. Totally ridiculous - read a high school physics book. It is an attractive force between all masses. All masses do this and always have every time we have measured it. I gave you the equation in your other thread.

1 minute ago, DrP said:

So why do you fall when you get above the air then?  Where is the 'air pressure' coming from when you are up above the atmosphere on the edge of space? Why is there gravity on the moon?  I am finding it hard to believe you actually believe this. Why is there air pressure at all if gravity isn't pulling on the air squashing it to the earth. Totally ridiculous - read a high school physics book. It is an attractive force between all masses. All masses do this and always have every time we have measured it. I gave you the equation in your other thread.

Are you reading at all? Doesn't gravity answer those questions? I thought I was talking about static electricity and the moons atmosphere or lack there of. 

You must be thinking about the part were all matter is susceptible to static electricity and there fore has magnetic properties and could possibly be attracted using the opposite force which would be a space without any electrical properties. It does sound like pressure balancing.

Can you tell me how much you weigh on the moon at the poles? Its there any of the gases that are on the moon up there either?

Is it not true that all matter is susceptible to static electricity?

Your claim was that the earths spinning caused the gravity and that it sucked the air to the earth which pinned us to it.  Have you changed your mind?

Have you conceded that your spinning mass in the tube is not creating gravity? Have you worked out that it was just pushing air around and you saw the knock on effect of that?

I think you know that the gravity on the moon has nothing to do with the atmosphere there or lack of....  or do you want to play troll a little longer and pursue it further?

40 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

But this  is true of something sitting in a vacuum also. It will stay there unless something acts on it. Air pressure from all sides doesn't change this.  Since it pushes equally from all sides, the various forces cancel  each other out. The 14 psi air pressure does not "hold" the object in place. 

Just now, Janus said:

But this  is true of something sitting in a vacuum also. It will stay there unless something acts on it. Air pressure from all sides doesn't change this.  Since it pushes equally from all sides, the various forces cancel  each other out. The 14 psi air pressure does not "hold" the object in place. 

So if its not holding it in place then why when the wind blows the pressure is increased on one side then the object moves not to say that gravity isn't holding it just It appears this way? If gravity is whats holding it then why does it move at all from the start? Its While its moving that I'm interested in. While its moving its generating the static electricity. 

How much would someone weight on the poles of the moon?

18 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

So if its not holding it in place then why when the wind blows the pressure is increased on one side then the object moves not to say that gravity isn't holding it just It appears this way? If gravity is whats holding it then why does it move at all from the start? Its While its moving that I'm interested in. While its moving its generating the static electricity. 

How much would someone weight on the poles of the moon?

The gravity of the moon at the poles is the same or so close as to be the same at the poles and the equator... 

4 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

The gravity of the moon at the poles is the same or so close as to be the same at the poles and the equator... 

Is there as site that I can go to read about this specifically related to the moon? I figured this is where the separation is then this is where I will find some answers.

Just now, Theredbarron said:

Is there as site that I can go to read about this specifically related to the moon? I figured this is where the separation is then this is where I will find some answers.

Answers to what? Ask a question and we'll answer it.  The attraction between 2 objects is governed by the equation for gravity that I gave you. Others have pointed out that the difference in pull on the poles to that on the equator is negligible. What is it you are asking for? The spinning has nothing to do with gravity but will effect the pull you feel (negligibly) due to the reasons we have already discussed. Your spinning mass in the tube doesn't create gravity and can't be directed through a metal tube.  The movement of your tissue in the other thread is due to air moving from the spinning mass.

What are we missing? What do you want to know?

11 minutes ago, DrP said:

Your spinning mass in the tube doesn't create gravity and can't be directed through a metal tube. 

this part and I didn't say it is gravity on this thread did I.  I have been clearly talking about static electricity and you are just reverting back to the other thread. Just telling me how things work doesn't help me understand. I ask for references or I will be here all day waiting and asking and I dont like sitting here that much. Im pretty sure you dont like it either or you would just simply have a conversation about the topic and not what you are connecting things to or think I'm connecting things to. That would be called assumption. Cant you just answer the questions?

2 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Google is your friend... 

Thank you. I know but I cant find anything in direct reference to the moons poles and weight and density of the matter that surrounds it. 

Edited by Theredbarron
clarification