Invariance of c

AbstractDreamer

15 hours ago, studiot said:

A background note on this.

Mordred (No offence and no suprise) is fond of quoting the Physics definitions he uses every day for some mathematical terms.

Metric is one.

Mathematically, Euclidian space has more than one available metric and results depend upon which one you choose.

So Pythagoras is not the only one.

LOl another bad habit of mine is I tend to either oversimplify or get too complex. Good point to be noted here and quite accurate.

13 hours ago, MigL said:

Today I learned...

The meaning of 'child', 'schild' and 'shwartz' in German.

Oh my, ashes on my head... I made an error myself; and I confused everything.

The error: it is Schwarzschild, not Schwartzshield (in German you would not hear any difference between the two, the 'z' is more or less pronounced as 'ts'.

'schwarz' = 'black'

'schild' = 'shield'

The confusion: 'child' is just English, so it would be 'black child' in a mix of German and English. (The English 'child' is 'Kind' in German (pronounce something like 'kiind', as in 'piece'.))

Sorry for the confusion, I will be more careful when posting in the physics forum. :unsure:

18 hours ago, MigL said:

So, you speak German, and read Il Corriere della Sera.
Are you Swiss ?

I am Dutch, live in the German-speaking part of Switzerland, and do not know Italian. So I do not read Il Corriere della Sera... Why do you think so?