The new Intelligent Design....

Mokele

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They call it intelligent design to give a it a ring so when you talk about, you don't sound like a complete joke show. Its just a new name and outline for christianity's belief on how the world came to be.

They call it intelligent design to give a it a ring so when you talk about, you don't sound like a complete joke show. Its just a new name and outline for christianity's belief on how the world came to be.

Did you read the link? Or even the post?

I sense that you do not have faith in The Flying Spaghetti Monster. Pray with me that he shall reach down and Finger You with His Noodly Appendage!

Mokele

On a more serious note, I love how they call intelligent design "a competing theory" or an "alternate viewpoint to evolution", as if scientific theories are just dreamt up ideas that have no degree of surety behind them. Although I would rather learn flying spagetti monster theory than intelligent design anyday.

I didn't want to mention this before, but there is actually scripture about the Flying Spaghetti Monster in the Bible! There they call him Leviathan:

Psalms 74:14 "Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat[balls] to the people inhabiting the wilderness."

Psalms 104:26 "There go the [pirate] ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein."

irrefutable proof of the spaghetti monster. take that, evolution!
I can never understand why you fundamental pastafarians cant credit the Flying Spagetti Monster with more patience and elegance; its entirely possible that the Flying Spagetti Monster created life over the cource of many aeons via evolution.

That is what we of the most-holy church of the born-again Flying Spagetti Monster witnesses sect believe: lasanum ex machina.

Of cource, whilst we accept evolution in general, id like to point out that, obviously, the Flying Spagetti Monster created midgets spontainiously and seperately to everything else, and created them to be immune to evolution. 'cos it is written in our holy texts.

Avast Ye!

Rev. Dak,

of the most-holy church of the born-again Flying Spagetti Monster witnesses

We believe 'trees' to be a mistranslation of 'another midget'.

this claim is validated by the fact that thered have to be more than one midget in the beginning for them to reproduce. see, we are a scientifical religion.

Others disagree about the translation and insist that it is "trees", but to be honest theyre going to hell for refusing to acknowledge the one-true-interpretationTM of the wrightings of the Flying Spagetti Monster.

the Flying Spagetti Monster gave unto us spagetti (from his own body) for sustanance, and its entirely within his wishes that we partake of the pasta of the land.

But not on a tuesday afternoon.

Rev. Dak,

of the most-divine order of the One-True Flying Spagetti Monsterarian scientoligistical society.

I have converted.

I shall partake of the pasta.

I shall add the herbs and spices. (But not 11 of them.)

I shall eat the mince.

For I have seen the light. (It's that little switch next to the oven temperature dial.)

Aaaaarrrrrrr, mateys.

PS, yourdad, the temp won't go down. Since there are more pirates, there must be more buckling of the swashes and rigging swinging.

As rigging swinging creates friction in the air, more pirates doing more rigging swinging = more heat. Hence the temp will rise.

Don't you think that equating a spagetti monster with christianity might be regarded as offensive?

Shall I start a similarly offensive thread about other people's beliefs in say democracy?

The fact of the matter is that Chritian creationism should be taught in schools, along with the saliant aspects of other major religions. It should not be taught as 'science', but an understanding of other people's beliefs is something the west could really use right now.

Don't you think that equating a spagetti monster with christianity might be regarded as offensive?

That's part of the point. You see, ID is *supposed* to be "scientific", and the "designer" is not supposed to be any particular god, christian or otherwise (though, obviously, it *is* supposed to be Jehovah, and it's just veiled creationism).

By replacing the christian god with something utterly ridiculous, like the Flying Spaghetti Monster, it shows just how ridiculous the entire ID "theory" is, and how it's only *real* support and purpose is Christian creationism.

So, basically, it shouldn't be offensive to christians at all, unless ID isn't what they say it is, at which point they become fair game.

Mokele

So, basically, it shouldn't be offensive to christians at all, unless ID isn't what they say it is, at which point they become fair game.
Aaah, so there's a method to your marinara. Judging by most creationist reasoning, I wouldn't put it pasta them.

I just hope the priesthood (like Rev. Dak) don't develope any wierd fettucines, like fondling angel hair. I'm always alfredo that.
the assumption that the priesthood is perverse it tortelli unfounded (well, as long as we're soba)

That's part of the point. You see' date=' ID is *supposed* to be "scientific", and the "designer" is not supposed to be any particular god, christian or otherwise (though, obviously, it *is* supposed to be Jehovah, and it's just veiled creationism).

[/quote']

That is certainly not the implication of your initial post which says [my emphasis]:

You know, this actually makes *more* sense than the Christian version.

You directly link Christianity with ID and then ridicule it.