Favourite Game Console

the GardenGnome

Ok, were did the Gameboy Advance and the 500 votes for it come from? I don't think that percentage of people here like the thing. Playstation2 was far superior to it. The only thing worse than it is X-Box. The GBA isn't even a console, its a handheld.

Originally posted by Radical Edward

The Super Nintendo was redesigned to look awful for the US market, because for some reason the US designers seem to have little or no concept of aesthetics (US Cars, the X-Box and Kelly Osbourne are prime examples). the UK one looks nice.

hahaha good examples there;)

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

Ok, were did the Gameboy Advance and the 500 votes for it come from? I don't think that percentage of people here like the thing. Playstation2 was far superior to it. The only thing worse than it is X-Box. The GBA isn't even a console, its a handheld.

...do we even have 500 membersO_o....I don't think so...and the GBA isn't even that good

Originally posted by zhuam

I thought this was supposed to be a "science forum"

it is!...scientists can have fun things to talk about too...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How can the PC even be considered a console. The only purpose -sp of the consule is to play video games. The sole purpose of the PC is not just games... well not for the majority of people. But PS has the best system.. great selection, can play older games, and FF series.

I think the PC can be a console... think about it.

The PC style of gaming is way different from any other system, as is N64, Genesis, Playstation etc. ... all different styles. Exclude graphics and functionality from your argument if that is a problem for you.

I would not even get a console ever. I don't like console games generally ('cept the 3rd 4th and 5th generation 2D games) but even the Atari XL (PC) surpassed almost all the 2nd and 3rd gen 2D consoles, when the technologies used were barely any different. Compare Gorf from the Commodore 64 and Atari XL/XP. Way better.

As for PC games ported to consoles... disgusting. Rainbow 6 unfortunately went through that. Pew.

Console games ported to PC? The SAME quality gameplay in my experiance but with better graphics!! Apperently some developers havn't heard of a keyboard however, and choose to emulate functions of the console gamepad rather than doing any work (god forbid) and changing the code so you could actually TYPE your name into the save game, rather than messing around with a non-qwerty virtual keyboard (see TUROK: Dinosaur Hunter).

RPGs ? Oh my, FF8 looked Amazing on a PC, and was ported very well in my opinion.

BTW anyone ever play BLASTAR for the Amiga ? BEST space shooter ever. I'm gonna start a new thread.

gah...ported console games to pc, THAT'S disgusting;)

the games somehow become "different" when you transfer them from console to PC...and it's usually for the worse..

eh, games are games and I play them all^_^ I just say a PC isn't a console (unless you put console parts in them I guessO_o)

• 8 months later...

PC is better, but only if you can fork over all the money. A top of the line graphics card cost more than an xbox! And for every knew game you need to upgrade! It's not fun. I like the xbox, it's the best one, easily. And it has Halo, which IS the best game ever concieve by MAN! No, it really is, it's the best game ever and xbox is the best be association.

XBOX AND HALO ROCK!

Ok if they were all the same price how could you NOT pick PC? PC is superior in everyway to any console.

My original stance, I thought this was supposed to be a science forum,

Why would it not be? This is the chating forum. Do scientists not need entertainment? Are you above us because we admit that we enjoy things other than science?