Thread to Vent School Frustration

Kylonicus

This thread is here to vent teacher frustration, to make complaints about teachers, or against school in general. If you think the topic is large enough and has enough appeal, you might make another thread.

My Frustration- Being forcefed liberal crap.

I am sick and tired of teachers trying to force their values(and political ideologies) on students. I find it disgusting and a gross misuse of public resources. I don't think I should get points deducted because I don't agree with the teacher's philosophy.

If teaching people a political ideology and a particular person's values is something supported by the American people, and thus public resources should be allocated towards, why don't we have classes for it, like they do in Holland?

The reason: The American people don't want their kids to be forced fed a political ideology just because that's the way the educators believe they should learn. The American people don't want people to be forced to go against their own morals or their forced to get a worse grade. It should be the individuals choice whether or not he/she decides to like a political ideology, and they should make the decision based on whether they agree with the ideology fundamentally, rather than if they get extra points for spewing garbage.

In reality, the American people want to be the people to teach their children, their values, not have someone else teach them their values. Each parent wants their child to be taught the values passed down from their forefathers and what discoveries they have made. They also want their children to learn to think for themselves, not have someone else think for them.

So the reason we don't have a brainwashing class? Because it's unwanted and it seems unethical. So it's done anyways under the table by educators.

However, one good quality you learn from classes like that, is how to decieve teachers. Which is a good quality, for later in life, you will have to learn how to manipulate and decieve your boss(who will be just as tyrannical and evil as the teacher).

My main complain with school now is my inability to get a hold of a @#%@^&ing academic advisor. My other complaints are: dorms suck, college kids are idiots for the most part, you get ripped off with books, teachers that grade on a curve, 2-credit classes, windy campuses, no pet snake policy in dorms, required classes unrelated to main major, and communal bathrooms. My memory runs out at this point, but you just gotta love college life.....

My real problem is a bit bigger than any individual pupil or teacher, more a problem with life as a whole, not my life, just life in general.

The syllabus is, no matter what you say, totaly dumbed down over the last few years, you only have to pick up one O-Level physics textbook to see the massive difference, todays nation is being dumbed down.

Also general pupil attitude and punishment systems are pretty poor.

The kid who wants to learn is ever so rare, and those who misbehave are as common as dirt, and so they get a detention, do they care? no, do they talk about it and laugh at it afterwards? yes.... what kinda punishment is it?

1. Using definitions as a way to test

Solution: question something that involves knowing the definition.

2. Teaching/testing the techniques rather than the principles

Solution: teach the laws, then make the students look up the techniques. Sadly, most of the time, my classmates only know how to get marks (techniques) and doesn't know How it works.

3. Putting participiation/homework as part of the final marks

Reason: by middle school, students are old enough!

4. Letting others' un-necessary (yes, un-necessary; it's not extra) work (not part of the question or the project) make others' work worse.

No solution

5. The teacher does not understand the question (for example, teacher may not understand the difference between describe/explain)

No solution

5. Having a bias against students

No solution

I think most of our problems have no solution unless the ministry of education doesn't do anything about it.

Im sick of school for many reasons. I think my main problem the fact that everyday for nine months is repitious. I think the other MAIN reason I get pissed at school is the rules. Sure, we need rules, but there are rules that are complete nonsense. Rules like how you can't eat your low-grade school food crap on the steps near the lunch tables. Or how if your barely late you get a tardy because your "distracting" class, but class has'nt begun yet.

If you get in an argument with an adult (and you may be right) you ALWAYS are wrong

and you will need to have the principal speak to you about how you should treat adults, and if the problem persists you will need to speak with the school phycatrist (who does nothing all day and makes more than the teachers) or you might get a bastard letter in the mail recommending you to a phycatrist (which i have gotten). They also send a statement of your recent detentions/demerits to your house for your parents to veiw.

Im just sick of school and im glad its over the 25'th. My grades are final now and im much more relaxed.

I graduated highschool early because I went to an Alternative Highschool. I got sick of regular highschool's crap early on in life because the kids were stupid, the teachers were too bossy, and the homework was outrageous.

Homework becomes outrageous when you do more work than learning.

I had 6 tests in one week. This totally burned me out. If I could go back in time though, I would have obtained my G.E.D..

The school burned me out and my G.P.A went to 1.3 or something like that..

But then I went to the alternative and made all As and Bs and brought it up to 2.7

If I could go wayy back in time though, I would have taken all A.P. classes. That way, highschool would have been worthwhile interesting.

Trust me though, think about it.. graduating at age 16. You have two years left to obtain an Associate's degree.

And to tell you the truth, some of the people in college really don't have that good of an education. If there is tutoring in your college I would take use of it right away. I would have taken my GED. Went to College. Obtained my Associates. Then I would have laughed at all my peers for wasting time.

Trust me, if you have the social factor where you only go to school to find love or friends. It's total crap. Most women are actually mature around age 23 or so, unless they are Christian bred.

By the way, when the pledge of allegiance came back, I was in this Alternative school. None of us stood. I personally, would not support an executive leader who wrongly uses the Armed Forces. Therefore I sat.

This issue might be school-specific, but my city just passed a bill that cut out spring break and extended summer until after labor day (previously, school began in mid-august). It wouldn't be much of an issue if it didn't push semester exams until after the two-week winter break, which is ridiculous.

And another thing is how courses and teaching standards are always being tailored to the stupidest kids. Ugh.

college kids are idiots for the most part, you get ripped off with books,required classes unrelated to main major,

****ING SON OF A BITCH! I want to major in paleoanthropology with minors in primate studies, ecology, etc. **** HAVING TO TAKE BASIC MATH!

Trust me though' date=' think about it.. graduating at age 16. You have two years left to obtain an Associate's degree.

And to tell you the truth, some of the people in college really don't have that good of an education. If there is tutoring in your college I would take use of it right away. I would have taken my GED. Went to College. Obtained my Associates. Then I would have laughed at all my peers for wasting time.

Trust me, if you have the social factor where you only go to school to find love or friends. It's total crap. Most women are actually mature around age 23 or so, unless they are Christian bred.

By the way, when the pledge of allegiance came back, I was in this Alternative school. None of us stood. I personally, would not support an executive leader who wrongly uses the Armed Forces. Therefore I sat.[/quote']

I just graduated a week ago, (I'm 16) Please tell me about this associates degree?

****ING SON OF A BITCH! I want to major in paleoanthropology with minors in primate studies, ecology, etc. **** HAVING TO TAKE BASIC MATH!

I feel your pain, believe me. I am a wildlife bio concentration and I have to take $%*ing agriculture classes.

I take it your complaint is that you don't have to take advanced math, since you are unlikely to achieve anything in your designated fields without some pretty solid math behind you (in front of you, and on both sides).

Biggest peeve with uni at the moment? Dutch universities having semesters that last way longer than those at my old uni in the UK. I'd like to have the second half of June and almost all of September off, thanks!

DOH I put my thread like this in the philosophy forum. I didn't realize there was an education forum.

Thread in philosophy forum

My real problem is a bit bigger than any individual pupil or teacher' date=' more a problem with life as a whole, not my life, just life in general.

The syllabus is, no matter what you say, totaly dumbed down over the last few years, you only have to pick up one O-Level physics textbook to see the massive difference, todays nation is being dumbed down.

Also general pupil attitude and punishment systems are pretty poor.

The kid who wants to learn is ever so rare, and those who misbehave are as common as dirt, and so they get a detention, do they care? no, do they talk about it and laugh at it afterwards? yes.... what kinda punishment is it?[/quote']

Probably because kids are becoming more intelligent with the information age and beginning to realize how full of crap the mentally inferior older generation is with their arbitrary rules and beliefs and how much the current system resembles facism. This sentiment will have its organized voice soon enough however.

This sentiment will have its organized voice soon enough however.

The only "face" of that sentiment is a bunch of whiny goth teenagers congregating at the local coffee shop to complain about how nobody thinks their irrational, poorly-conceived and unsupported ideas are brilliant.

Mokele

My real problem is a bit bigger than any individual pupil or teacher' date=' more a problem with life as a whole, not my life, just life in general.

The syllabus is, no matter what you say, totaly dumbed down over the last few years, you only have to pick up one O-Level physics textbook to see the massive difference, todays nation is being dumbed down.[/quote']

Well, you gotta crawl before you can walk...I guess the difference is, were being allowed to crawl for too long.