Pareidolia?

Moontanman

As cameras become better and better and the pictures are more and more accurate wouldn't you expect pareidolia to become less and less of a problem with pictures of Mars and the Moon and or other objects in the solar system?

Lately some of the new cameras are taking some pictures that are really difficult to explain away. Shouldn't the clearer pictures have made the patterns go away instead of becoming more puzzling?

There are lots of them, here is an example:

2B20A6E300000578-0-image-a-28_1438808825

Clearly the work of pirates.

I did think of someone manipulating the pictures digitally but the original pictures on the NASA site makes that unlikely. I am not suggesting a real crab or any of the other photos as really what they look like but it does seem that the better pictures are in no way helping the situation become any clearer. :ph34r:

At 00:30 there is a picture that just has to be false,

False news is negatively impacting our society in many different ways. I think it is far past time we demand that such things be exposed for what they are. Intentionally misleading people should be considered a crime! :eek:

False news is negatively impacting our society in many different ways. I think it is far past time we demand that such things be exposed for what they are. Intentionally misleading people should be considered a crime! :eek:

The dishonesty of people is only limited by their imagination. It sucks.

I did think of someone manipulating the pictures digitally but the original pictures on the NASA site makes that unlikely.

I just meant that the original Pastafarians were pirates, and this is clearly their work. I think the little round piece below is a collander.