Everything posted by Moontanman
-
Religion factor
I only bitch when they try to force their version of reality on everyone else. Actually the Bible allows for abortion and only considers a child to be alive after it takes its first breath. Exactly Beliefs are used to excuse actions demanded by those very beliefs.
-
Religion factor
The OP was a one hit wonder?
-
Religion factor
Which religion? I have none and I do not respect the religion of others.
-
Does CD/DVD rot really exist?
I've had Laser Discs that deteriorated, the reflective layer between the clear plastic plates that make up the disc deteriorates. I see no reason to think CDs or DVDs would be immune to this degradation.
-
Can life survive in the a galaxy's bulge? Between galaxies?
There is a Galactic Habitable Zone or at least such a zone is hypothesised to exist. I see no reason an intergalactic star couldn't have planets that support life.
-
What is this?
Excellent! I hadn't thought of that!
-
The Official JOKES SECTION :)
- Aliens and FBI
I would think space habitats would be easier but I guess your way is doable. A space habitat could be moved out of the way of large objects and smaller objects could be vaporized with a laser point defense system. Mass is the best way to protect from radiation and left over mass ie rocks and such could be attached to the outside of a space habitat surrounding it to the point the habitat would exist inside a hollow shell of left over debris. Or a rotating habitat could be built inside an asteroid. Trace elements could be controlled simply by not using materials that contain them or by refining them out as the build continues.- Aliens and FBI
What would you propose to do about trace elements, trace elements might seem like a trivial problem but they could actually be a deal breaker quite easily. Trace elements such as mercury and arsenic pose threats even here on earth contaminating groundwater and oceans to the extent of making some places dangerous to live or consume foods from. Such minor constituents of a nebula could vary wildly in various locations and there is no reason to assume they would be the same as earth and as i pointed out even earth has problems with them.- What would be the most important thing than humans should try to achieve in priority in your opinion ?
That seems fair, generally speaking all we can really know is what we have experienced for ourselves. I'm not sure how this is a privilege, can you elaborate? Can you give us a link to this, I'm not trying to be combative but this would seem to be nothing but a conservative talking point with no basis in reality other than fear mongering. How far is too far and who decides? Again who decides how far is too far? Currently conservatives seem to be claiming that simply acknowledging reality is going too far.- What is this?
First before anyone loses their mind, I'm not saying it was aliens or anything like that but for real WTF is in this video!- Aliens and FBI
The idea that planets are important to interstellar colonization is rather weak, IMHO, due to trace elements, existing life forms, allergic reactions to weird proteins, and the gravity well that is part of any planet massive enough to have life. Space habitats would be a far better way to colonize space, a completely controlled environment is just one reason. Here in our own solar system space habitats would be able to support trillions of humans even if we didn't cannibalize the Earth.- Youtube channels on science?
Yes, E.D.G.E., I must have got the link wrong, thanks.- Youtube channels on science?
I looked but didn't see this woman's great channel. Sabine Hossenfelder and I failed to add the links to the two I have already mentioned. Isaac Arthur and Trey the Explainer, another great channel is E.D.G.E There are so many that get little mention for some really good work. Ohh Ohh, one more Cool Worlds- What would be the most important thing than humans should try to achieve in priority in your opinion ?
Can you elaborate? What extra privileges are the less privileged being empowered with?- Aliens and FBI
Thank you, I am just feeling a bit cranky of late.- Aliens and FBI
Shouldn't it have it's own thread? (yeah I got the dig, not what I have been claiming)- Aliens and FBI
So we've gone from CiA agent says aliens are here to aliens might be here because of UFO sightings to visiting being too hard to launching relativistic objects made of solid metal, relativistic kill missiles, the size of the Empire State building to destroy other suns just in case they might be hostile? Things that make you go "WHAT?"- Aliens and FBI
You forgot about a Dyson Beam.- Aliens and FBI
So how much mass would have to be accelerated to relativistic speeds to disrupt the Sun? Jupiter mass object?- Aliens and FBI
Are these photos by people who weren't looking for those animals and only stumbled across them by accident? So we're actually considering launching a projectile massive enough and fast enough to disrupt a star? The sun could absorb an object as massive as Jupiter with no realistic problems.- Aliens and FBI
You are out hiking, you have a camera with you but you are not actively taking photos, suddenly a UFO appears for a few seconds... take a clear picture! I'd be lucky manage to get my camera out much less take a clear picture.- Fusion energy breakthrough...
My son works there!- Is there a food that never makes big bellies ? [nutrition]
I just made a large pot of purple cabbage and bratwurst... it was very good but made me fart.- Aliens and FBI
I'm not sure if I mentioned this one or not. Reputed to be the clearest UFO picture ever taken. It was taken in 1990 by hikers in scotland. - Aliens and FBI
Important Information
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.