Japanese Earthquake 2011 weirdness

Moontanman

I've watched this many times and I still can't really tell what this is, I was thinking seafoam at one point of a piece of plastic but that just does quite fit the observation, anyone else want to give it a try? The first really good view of it is at around 02:28

Could it be a ruptured pressurised container and releasing discrete plumes of a liquified gas as it rolls in the water? It will condense whitish as it is released.before dispersing. Fire extinguisher?

Edited by StringJunky

I've watched this many times and I still can't really tell what this is, I was thinking seafoam at one point of a piece of plastic but that just does quite fit the observation, anyone else want to give it a try? The first really good view of it is at around 02:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C25RTDXFNWY

This video did the rounds on Facebook about 18 months ago with most people describing what is seen rising out of the flood waters as an "entity". There are other videos showing similar entities that appear un-tampered with probably one of the best ones being an emergency services vehicles' on-board Cam video attending a fatal road accident in the US - in that video an "entity" is seen rising from one of the victims of the RTA. Edited by Ant Sinclair

Could it be a ruptured pressurised container and releasing discrete plumes of a liquified gas as it rolls in the water? It will condense whitish as it is released.before dispersing. Fire extinguisher?

I see your point but near the end what appears to be the same object rises from behind a roof top. At around 04:00

This video did the rounds on Facebook about 18 months ago with most people describing what is seen rising out of the flood waters as an "entity". There are other videos showing similar entities that appear un-tampered with probably one of the best ones being an emergency services vehicles' on-board Cam video attending a fatal road accident in the US - in that video an "entity" is seen rising from one of the victims of the RTA.

I've seen the "entity" ideas on you tube, I was hoping to keep it to more plausible possibilities, I have to admit I haven't seen any other such videos can you share a link?

Edited by Moontanman

I see your point but near the end what appears to be the same object rises from behind a roof top. At around 04:00

It really appears gaseous. The ruptured container idea has merit. It would have to be a gas that appears cloudy and dissipates clearly. Perhaps the colder temperature of the water makes it cloudy, but it clears as it warms?

This may be off the wall, but Japan eats a lot of fish, would they happen to have lots of dry ice laying around? Trapped pockets where dry ice met water, and was eventually released when the flood moved enough debris to free the gas?

I think it's just a trick of the light and circumstances that makes it look like its jumping and changing direction.

It really appears gaseous. The ruptured container idea has merit. It would have to be a gas that appears cloudy and dissipates clearly. Perhaps the colder temperature of the water makes it cloudy, but it clears as it warms?

This may be off the wall, but Japan eats a lot of fish, would they happen to have lots of dry ice laying around? Trapped pockets where dry ice met water, and was eventually released when the flood moved enough debris to free the gas?

I think it's just a trick of the light and circumstances that makes it look like its jumping and changing direction.

A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher could do the job of dry ice couldn't it? I discounted the lens/atmospheric aberration idea because the plumes get blocked by the trees in a way consistent with something going behind them; any aberrations would be superimposed on top of the image.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UzJRW8FWdYI

The link above is to the earlier mentioned video Mootanman, Iam no expert on video fakery maybe somebody will be able to tell if it's been doctored?

I've seen the "entity" ideas on you tube, I was hoping to keep it to more plausible possibilities, I have to admit I haven't seen any other such videos can you share a link?

A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher could do the job of dry ice couldn't it?

It would also account for the seeming pressure released (as the extinguisher is jostled by the current, it could squeeze the right trigger), and the tiny initial stream that spreads out more fully before disappearing.

And I've read where Japan is the leader in that region when it comes to fire safety regulations, mostly because of the nature of the majority of their smaller structures, so there are bound to be lots of fire suppression devices that would give off a cloud.

I think it has to be that. Or plasma beings. Hard to tell when the photos aren't very grainy.

I've found another possibility, it would seem that outdoor heaters of some sort are common there and when the sea water runs into them they give off a puff of dense steam. It could account for all three of the "clouds" ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UzJRW8FWdYI

The link above is to the earlier mentioned video Mootanman, Iam no expert on video fakery maybe somebody will be able to tell if it's been doctored?

Looks like a shadow or a camera artifact to me, I can barely make it out at all..

As the water enters underground cavities such as storm-water drains or other utility passages the air is compressed and causes geysers to erupt through small openings such as holes in man-hole covers or vent stacks. These geysers would be brief as the air would be expelled in short order as the water filled the cavities.

As the water enters underground cavities such as storm-water drains or other utility passages the air is compressed and causes geysers to erupt through small openings such as holes in man-hole covers or vent stacks. These geysers would be brief as the air would be expelled in short order as the water filled the cavities.

Not heard that one before. Could be a possibility.

Not heard that one before. Could be a possibility.

We have spots on the coast not too far from me that exhibit the behavior; called blow-holes.

Edited by Acme

We have spots on the coast not too far from me that exhibit the behavior; called blow-holes.

Cheers for that. Yes, that is very plausible and the japanese scenario is just as energetic and chaotic with obstructions and holes in the path. Put some crosswind in the mix to blow the spouts sideways it looks very possible. The lack of resolution and sensitivity in the video would smooth/blur the spouts to look ghostly.

Edited by StringJunky