87 replies to this topic

#81 Strange

Strange

SuperNerd

• Senior Members
  • 11,969 posts
  • Location珈琲店

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:05 PM

But what is it made of? I'm afraid that the definite answer to that question may always be beyond our reach.

Why does it have to be made of anything?

#82 DimaMazin

DimaMazin

Protist

• Senior Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationVolgograd

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

Because it has different density or properties.

Edited by DimaMazin, 19 February 2017 - 01:06 PM.

#83 Char lie

Char lie

Lepton

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

Hello everyone,

I am very interested into this topic because, but my answer would require the study of different concepts before being understood clearly enough.

Someone did say a very clever thing:"
Why does it have to be made of anything?"

The answer is in the question.

Human can't represent themselves nothing when it's shown 24h over our head. Did anyone get why Einstein was interested into Brownian movement?
Judt saying that "nothing is real". It means "Nothing" is "Real"!!!!

We re so screwed with just words to explain a truth which existed before the word being created....

Fyi: e=mc2 works for both ways:" dématérialisation and materialisation
When i think mankind has been waiting for Einstein to know about relativity...

The universe is continuous and relativity manage all relative moving things.
There are maths our consciousness can deal with perfectly, which are static maths.. if a car start form A at 12:00 and another car etc..?
These are moving véhicules but the maths are static. Every answer will be ask regarding a certain time!

Defining the notion of point on something contious as time??? There is no point in our universe!!
The only point is our universe itself!!!

So you can averagely know the answer to a question you thought that was easy before...

So Space is made of nothing until provrn otherwise by observation, ok?

Shroedinger's cat bloody hell!!!

Sorry, i had to let this out. All the best guys!

Thanks.

#84 Strange

Strange

SuperNerd

• Senior Members
  • 11,969 posts
  • Location珈琲店

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:07 PM

Did anyone get why Einstein was interested into Brownian movement?

He was interested in many things. And it was an unsolved problem at the time. What is your point?

Judt saying that "nothing is real". It means "Nothing" is "Real"!!!!

Incoherent nonsense.

We re so screwed with just words to explain a truth which existed before the word being created....

Luckily, science has mathematics rathe than just words. As your words are largely nonsensical, I'll stick with the science.

When i think mankind has been waiting for Einstein to know about relativity...

... and what? That is a pretty pointless statement.

But we weren't really waiting for Einstein. Others, such as Galileo, Maxwell, Poincare, Lorentz, Hilbert, Minkowski, etc. laid the groundwork and almost anyone from Maxwell onwards could have come up with the same results as Einstein.

The universe is continuous 

You don't know that. There are many theories being developed based on the idea that space (and time) is quantised.

Sorry, i had to let this out. 

You needn't have bothered. It was a waste of your time and ours.

#85 AustinGGilson

AustinGGilson

Lepton

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:41 AM

Thank you so much for posting this! I have been arguing with myself for over a year whether math lines up with physical space. This is going to give me a lot more depth to my argument with myself. 

#86 HallsofIvy

HallsofIvy

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 1 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

SR and, especially, GR require that space exist. They do not require that it be "made of" anything.

#87 steveupson

steveupson

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 1 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

SR and, especially, GR require that space exist. They do not require that it be "made of" anything.

Geometry exists. It's a description of something. That something must exist, at least in theory.

Never attribute to ignorance or stupidity that which can be adequately explained by greed.

#88 swansont

swansont

Evil Liar (or so I'm told)

• Moderators
  • 35,728 posts
  • LocationWashington DC region

Posted 1 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

!

Moderator Note

Several recent OT posts have been split off to the trash. Which can happen if you aren't addressing the topic under discussion.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum          To go to the fortress of ultimate darkness, click the up arrow ^

I am not a minimum-wage government shill.             Forget it, Jake — it's Crackpottown.

My SFN blog: Swans on Tea                                                           

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users