why no capital B in LaTeX?

No, I've done this multiple times. Edited, made the above post. I haven't missed capital B that many consecutive times. And besides, I made one in the title. Something is going on. If it helps: Win 7, Chrome 41.

Edited by Bignose

[math]\left[ B \right][/math]

[math][/math]

math]\left[ B \right]/math]

math]/math]

Both seem to work for me with WinXP an IE8

the letter b in square brackets also starts the bold instruction.

I wonder if it connected?

Try downloading Chrome again. Uninstall the existing one. Reboot. Install the new one. Might just be a sample glitch in that old download.

Well, there isn't a life-altering need to make in my install of Chrome in this forum's LaTeX. I'm not bothering to reinstall. I'll do without, lol. It wa less than a minor annoyance, and if no one else has the problem, then I really could not care less about it. :)

edit, lol, it isn't just in the LaTeX apparently, since Chrome did it above to. But, I still don't care.....

Edited by Bignose

[latex][/latex]

[latex][/latex] so it can be typed in ok? [latex][/latex] [latex][/latex] copied and repasted it went bold. [latex][/latex] but once posted it isn't bold. I would say to stop confusion between bold and B the letter has been dropped out of the list of variables.

Edited by Robittybob1

• 1 month later...

Tesing Testing

[math]P_{i} = \frac{e^{-\beta E_{i}}}{Z}[/math]

Pro-Tip

If typing latex rather than using a generator then to save time you can do without curly brackets for subscript and superscript if you are only boosting/dropping one letter.

[math]P_i = \frac{e^{-\beta E_i}}{Z}[/math]

The fewer keystrokes the better - and fewer opportunities for typos or mismatched curly-parentheses

Thnak you imatfaal.

I'm up in Dundee for a few weeks so I was trying out codecogs to prepare for a reply to the statmech question.

The text was as it came, I will only fiddle with it if it doesn't work.x

I used to have a signature line

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

:)

Edited by studiot

....If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

That's me to a tee. I break things to learn how to fix them for when they break. Needless to say, Ive had to buy replacements more than once in the course of learning to fix them. Laptops are quite expensive when you have to buy them twice. :)

No they are usually bust and I have to fix them.

This one came with an incorrect battery (wrong voltage), but was otherwise OK.

I changed the 2x0.5G RAM modules for 2x2G of faster RAM from another dead laptop, deleted all old users, disabled UAC and now Vista is really flying.

I am considering moving everything onto a larger HD as this one at 100G is 60% full.

So far it has cost me £12 for a new battery.

Edited by studiot

No they are usually bust and I have to fix them.

This one came with an incorrect battery (wrong voltage), but was otherwise OK.

I changed the 2x0.5G RAM modules for 2x2G of faster RAM from another dead laptop, deleted all old users, disabled UAC and now Vista is really flying.

I am considering moving everything onto a larger HD as this one at 100G is 60% full.

You can get USB external cases for laptop hard drives. I recycle my laptop HD's this way; cheap backup devices. A case is usually £10-15.

Thank you for that thought SJ.

I often do just that when I move folks onto larger drives, or they just get more modern computers.

So they always have their original available if they want it.

External cases are OK for old drives, for backup or data drives that you only need accasionally.

The trouble is that drive Windows demands a lot of empty woring space.

Once the Windows drive has reached 50% full, performance is downhill all the way and the drive gets worked harder and harder.

However perhaps the idea will be of use to someone else.