Does matter emit or produce radiation?

A charged particle (electron/proton) is said to produce/emit radiation

I understand also that matter is energy itself, so does the acceleration of the charge convert the mass of the charge into radiation (that is how I will use the world emission for this context) or is it simply the oscillation of the charge that produces radiation waves?

Thank you in advance

The energy for the radiation comes from the field (or whatever) that accelerates the particle, not from the particle itself (otherwise the particle would lose mass).

The particle can be slowing down, so one could say it comes from the kinetic energy, but I think that it's a mistake to try and say the energy comes from one part or another; there is some driver of the acceleration, and the particle is moving. There is a system, and the energy comes from that system.

I understand also that matter is energy itself, so does the acceleration of the charge convert the mass of the charge into radiation (that is how I will use the world emission for this context) or is it simply the oscillation of the charge that produces radiation waves?

There is no such thing as "mass of the charge".

There is however "mass of particle", and "charge of particle".

Mass is independent property, charge is independent property.

Edited by Sensei

energy due to accelerate

I read in wikipedia that if an object loses energy then it must be proportional to the mass of the object, so is the charge actually losing mass and converting that mass into radiation or is the charges oscillation causes waves of radiation?

Where is the energy coming from basically?

energy due to accelerate

I read in wikipedia that if an object loses energy then it must be proportional to the mass of the object, so is the charge actually losing mass and converting that mass into radiation or is the charges oscillation causes waves of radiation?

Where is the energy coming from basically?

I used to argue that you could use Einstein's equation to this situation, but I was never that good at relativistic maths. I'll be following the answers here with interest.