police use of excessive force

hd000

What are some idea's to help prevent the use of excessive force by police, from minor police brutality to fatal shootings. Thank You

Bring them to court and have a jury trial. Regardless of how the law is setup, it's the jury that gets to determine things. Then again, there tends to be a kind of jury tampering from time to time. If the jury is aware that law can be democratic, then there is a chance the members of the jury will find the force used against an individual as unreasonable. It ends up being community opinion. This is one reason one needs to be aware of the legal history of a particular place he or she lives in: So that one's legal rights are not tampered with. It is best to not get involved with a society's people until understanding the laws and case history of that society's people. You're in the U.S.. The United States has a messed up government that is starting to ignore the U.S. constitution, have ex post facto laws (which are unconstitutional), and develop laws just to appease to complaining populus. If I had a time machine, I'd go back in time and live in the early 1800s of the United States and stay there. The way current law is heading, it's acting in the interests of legal bodies rather than the We the People.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140114/08253425866/jury-finds-two-officers-charged-beating-death-homeless-man-not-guilty.shtml

If a community or local government can brainwash its citizens into approving unconstitutional government activity, it's pretty much got a way of manipulating people for its own benefit. In that case, the police were able to brutally attack a citizen. That the jury did not criminally penalize the police is unfortunate, especially when other modes of conflict resolution could have occurred. From my interpretation of law, it's best for those in law to seek peace and resolution rather than a violent resolve. Otherwise, it leads to instability in society and the potential for anarchy and more violence. I wonder what the transcripts were like from that case, and I wonder if the prosecuting attorney was going to put much effort forth in persuading the jury into thinking that the police used excessive force. However, there tends to be a bit of bias and good ol' boys network involved with that thing. The political structures of the government tend to look out for each other. That unfortunately serves the interest of the government. I sometimes wonder why the members of the government have not taken the initiative to hide in their shelters, nuclear bomb all of us, and then come out as a ruling elite.

Edited by Genecks

i have always found that police i run into take a liking to me.

i must be emanating some kind of threatening signal.

"are you looking at me, cause i'm looking at you, cause your looking at me..."

this is my best explanation.

i have always found that police i run into take a liking to me.

i must be emanating some kind of threatening signal.

"are you looking at me, cause i'm looking at you, cause your looking at me..."

this is my best explanation.

This is unlikely, given that a human that seeks out an occupation such as the police, is likely to react to a threat with aggression, not supplication.

you make a good argument.

given that only humans will seek out such occupations it is only logical to consider them human beings. we must not forget this.

while i disagree that humans are likely to react to a threat with aggression (it is not the only solution), it happens quite often and is only profitable for one party.

i believe that officers are trained to maintain dominance in a situation to reduce the possibility of conflict.

in other words, if you assert a dominating persona you are likely a threat, then the officer must maintenance the situation as quickly as possible to prevent losing control of the situation or allowing a situation to develop.

i still hate the idea of relinquishing my dominance which is key for my survival.

i think that many conflicts with the police can be resolved by seminars or training classes for officers having a certain amount of time in.

this would be a refresher on conflict resolution.

Edited by davidivad

Just thought I would share. Here is a example of our police states serious excessive force! Follow the linkhttp://rt.com/usa/nevada-ranch-armed-feds-520/

We as citizens of the U.S have given the federal government way way too much power IMO'. Are we at a point of no return? Or is there some way to reverse the current trend in both the U.S and E.U(Great Britain in-particular.). I am a big advocate against a government police state. I never liked the Patriot Act. Imminent Domain, Homeland Security. To this day I often wonder about 9/11. No I am not a conspiracy nut. But it was damn convenient that all three mentioned above went through our government rather quickly and clean. While Obama's health care act is taking years(Has to be orchestrated that way for a purpose). With the approval of democrat and republican presidents. Starting with Clinton, Bush and our current president Obama.

We the people are no longer "WE THE PEOPLE". As we gave away those rights with the inactment of all three above!

Edited by jduff