Is the members in this site for real?

I'm beggining to doubt that most of the members here actually have no clue about the fields where i post my thread. When i first posted a thread a member texted me that this 'site was a joke' ( what he meant was the amateur members ) and gave me a link for another site which seemed professional. I guess he/she noticed that my thread wasn't gonna get much attention here at the hands of 'pretend smarts', atleast those some who comments in my thread without actually having no clue what they are criticising but they seemed so sure with their 'pov' which i can tell has not much to reflect on my subject but their own leisure.

I certainly have no clue about the point of this thread or the message you try to communicate. Keep in mind that most people reading this have not intensively read your other 40 posts and spent a lot of time thinking about your situation.

I'm beggining to doubt that most of the members here actually have no clue about the fields where i post my thread.

I'm sorry, are you doubting that the members have no clue, or are you doubting that they do?

In any case, you'll find a varied mixture of professional and amateur wherever you go on free access forums. Since there are plenty of experts around, it seems like the person who PMd you had a grudge to settle. There are lots of people who come here expecting SFN to be like other sites, and every site has its own behavior.

It's up to you to find the site that suits you best. I've belonged to bigger sites where I felt lost in the crowd. I've belonged to sites that allow their members to flame each other at will on the basis of freedom of speech. And I've belonged to sites that didn't care if completely untested, crackpot ideas got discussed in the same threads as mainstream science. Some folks like that.

Personally, I think we have a great mix of members, with enough rules and moderation to keep things civil and intellectually honest. We don't have perfection though, and when we do we'll start charging money for it. In the mean time, report posts that break the rules, refute replies that fall short and be prepared to have folks do the same with you.

What Phi said.

We do a small but steady trade in crackpots who get banned for various rules violations who, as part of their meltdown, tell us we're a joke (and that we'll rue the day we disagreed with them because we won't share in their eventual glory) because we had some disagreement with their fantastic ideas. You should consider the source, and their motivation, before you take such comments at face value.

• 4 weeks later...

of course, but i think if your article is too long, some people wouldn't read it carefully.

This is a good point. You should try to keep posts short and to the point, especially opening posts. I am put off very quickly by massive walls of text, and even more so when there is an error in the first few lines. Massive walls of calculations also have the same effect on me, so a neat balance is needed.

This is a good point. You should try to keep posts short and to the point, especially opening posts. I am put off very quickly by massive walls of text, and even more so when there is an error in the first few lines. Massive walls of calculations also have the same effect on me, so a neat balance is needed.

True, this tip would be good for a "Tips" thread, perhaps in forum announcements. It will be missed by many readers in this thread.

Since your last post was made, I think, on September 24 it is possible you have decided to leave the forum. If you are still around I offer this thought. You may find this unpleasant to consider, but a large part of any problem you may perceive you have here is likely due to the your inability to express yourself clearly.

Your posts are filled with ungrammatical and ambiguous constructions that are neither clear nor concise. In the absence of a well-structured, meaningful sentence readers are apt to jump to the conclusion that the writer is illogical, ill-informed and irrelevant. I'm sure that's not the perception you are aiming for. I would urge you to proof read, edit, then edit again before posting, if you wish to change that perception and have your ideas given the attention they likely deserve.

I'm beggining to doubt that most of the members here actually have no clue about the fields where i post my thread. When i first posted a thread a member texted me that this 'site was a joke' ( what he meant was the amateur members ) and gave me a link for another site which seemed professional. I guess he/she noticed that my thread wasn't gonna get much attention here at the hands of 'pretend smarts', atleast those some who comments in my thread without actually having no clue what they are criticising but they seemed so sure with their 'pov' which i can tell has not much to reflect on my subject but their own leisure.

You're discussing a lot of philosophy. There exist other places on the Internet to discuss philosophy. I have studied philosophy, and I could quarrel with you on what the right stance to take is in relation to various philosophical aspects. However, I would generally attempt to argue from a scientific standpoint in relation to philosophical issues that you bring up.

You may want to study the "philosophy of mind." Google it. Then again, you may have already left.