Changeable Votes of Reputation

I have failed several times and managed to misclick when voting on reputation at people's posts.

Most times a have clicked positive instead of negative which is a happy fault of me, for the member who made the post, so I have never bothered further with it and left them as that. But the last time I misclicked was when I intended to outweight a, (IMHO unfair), negative vote zapatos had gained in his post #2 in this thread and instead I clicked on the negative vote, (sorry zapatos), which further condemned his post. This fault of mine has negative consequences for the poster and is something I feel I have to try to undo and have therefor asked a moderator, (Phi for All), to change my vote and correct my error.

However I think it is all to easy to misclick and it would probably not help with the typical computer question "Are you sure?" either. It is human to fault and when one does I think people should have the possibility to undo their wrongs. Asking the staff for help is an alternative I think most people won't bother to do for a misclick when voting and more likely they will leave it as it is, wrong or not.

My suggestion is as said that we should have the option to change the reputation votes we make but only for a limited time to avoid misuse of this option.

There are of course technical issues, is it possible to implement this change and how difficult would it be?

What do you others think, would it good option to have or cause trouble?

Edited by Spyman

I've added my positive vote to counteract your negative one.

I do think that if you were given a few mins to change your mind that that would be a good idea. I'm also unsure of the feasibility of this.

I think the number of negative votes you get per day should be increased. With out negative votes the reputation system is somewhat less than accurate. I'm not looking to drown people in negative votes but lately we've had some real wieners posting. maybe you should be limited to one negative vote per person or thread per day? This is a bit weird, when I first started out on science forums i thought negative votes were too subject to emotional influence, but I have changed my mind. I still like having lots of positive votes, I love giving those out, especially to new members who make good arguments.

I've added my positive vote to counteract your negative one.

I do think that if you were given a few mins to change your mind that that would be a good idea. I'm also unsure of the feasibility of this.

One positive vote is not enough to counteract the error, you need 2 pos. votes.

Thanks to Klaynos and hypervalent_iodine for the help resolving what my happy trigger finger caused. :)

Slowly and very very carefully I will hopefully manage to give positive reputation to both of you...

I have failed several times and managed to misclick when voting on reputation at people's posts.

Most times a have clicked positive instead of negative which is a happy fault of me, for the member who made the post, so I have never bothered further with it and left them as that. But the last time I misclicked was when I intended to outweight a, (IMHO unfair), negative vote zapatos had gained in his post #2 in this thread and instead I clicked on the negative vote, (sorry zapatos), which further condemned his post. This fault of mine has negative consequences for the poster and is something I feel I have to try to undo and have therefor asked a moderator, (Phi for All), to change my vote and correct my error.

Not a problem. I slept through the whole thing!

But thanks for taking the time to get it resolved. :)