Interview with Author Ray Comfort

The evangelical author Ray Comfort, famous for releasing a new edition of On the Origin of Species with a 50-page introduction denying evolution and linking Darwin to Hitler, has agreed to be interviewed by SFN.

We need some questions, of course, so what non-evolution-related questions do you have for Mr. Comfort? (I don't want more evolution questions because he's already done the topic to death in previous interviews, in the book, and pretty much everywhere.)

You can learn more about Comfort at his website and on Wikipedia.

Questions on the relation between science and religion and so on are fair game, but I don't want to just ask a bunch of "What about reason x for believing in evolution?" questions because they won't be very productive.

Edited by Cap'n Refsmmat

If man is the only intelligence, why make the rest of the Universe so big and with so many planets?

If man is not the only intelligence, then why believe that man is "special" in any way?

Despite your request captain, I'm going to ask something in relation to "evolution."

Minister Comfort, in your opinion, is it morally alright for Christians to be transhumanists?

Also, if it is not morally alright, why not?

Edited by ecoli
Consecutive posts merged.

Do you feel that science has become a social movement rather than the honest quest for knowledge it is claimed to be, and is this why you take up what might reasonably be called an anti-scientific stance?

Does your agenda not confuse atheism with science?

Do you feel that scientific education in general is a threat to your faith, or just those particular areas in which obvious conflict arises?

America's role in the world is changing. New powers emerge, and America's influence atrophies. The hard-line religious stance you and many others in your country take could easily be seen as a serious obstacle to America's international relationships; it is an incompatibility with much of the rest of the developed world.

Can you conceive of a time in the future when your agenda might be detrimental to America's interests? Would you modify your approach in these circumstances, or will you remain blind to the ship you are so enthusiastically scuttling?

I feel there should be at least one infuriatingly loaded question.

>:D

Some of your notoriety is due to your "perfectly designed banana" argument. Are you aware that bananas, and most other crops and livestock that we eat, are the product of purposeful husbandry and design by humans? And, if you reject this argument, what about food products that are not as optimal as the banana (such as rice - the most heavily consumed grain in the world - which needs to be de-hulled and milled, usually by machines for effective processing, before it is eaten)?

If the only physical evidence we have for God's existence in the modern world is books of debateable origin, and since it seems as if it is impossible to observe God directly, if I write a book about an invisible pink bunny that controls the universe, would you also believe that?

If the only physical evidence we have for God's existence in the modern world is books of debateable origin, and since it seems as if it is impossible to observe God directly, if I write a book about an invisible pink bunny that controls the universe, would you also believe that?

if its invisible how do you know its pink?

My question is: 'Can't we all just get along?'

In short, if we read the Bible as a book that makes allegorical and symbolic statements, then it also allows for the interpretation of events by scientists, then can we not interpret evolution as a creative act by a God whose personality includes constant creation?

Although a bit late, perhaps, I'd be interested in offering the following question to Mr. Ray Comfort (I'm ignorant...is that a real name, or just some created epithet?)

QUESTION:

What argument might you present against the assertion that the information, in the form of tenets, provided by any theist-based religious belief-system, regarding the god-model of that system, is falsifiable ?