Hijack from Logical proof of a deistic "God"

bimbo36

I have problems believing in gods, singularities, time travel, and a single big bang as the origins of all matter in the universe.

Me too , i also think that is one of the biggest bullshit ever ... A big bang creating all the matter in the universe .

Edited by bimbo36

51 minutes ago, Handy andy said:

I also have problems with gravitons radiating from particles in black holes for instance causing things to be pulled in.

As that is something you appear to have made up, I don't see why you or anyone else should believe it. 

1 hour ago, Mordred said:

Might help to realise the BB isnt a creation event.

The model stops working at 10^-43 seconds.

Have there been any theories as to what might happen in any of those 10^-43 seconds?

Or cannot this be approached piecemeal?

Edited by geordief

3 hours ago, Handy andy said:

contrary to popular belief I am learning.  

So am I as well as I believe scientists do all the time: afterall it is a discipline in eternal progress.

I have problems believing in gods, singularities, time travel, and a single big bang as the origins of all matter in the universe.

Gods are simply part of the mythical explanation early man needed to explain the universe around him.

Singularities in essence are not thought to really exist, except as an indication of the limitation of our current theories.

Interestingly, time travel is allowed for in GR, plus the fact that both space and time are not absolute.

The BB was the evolution of space and time, [spacetime]  in the first instance...matter came later.

I also have problems with gravitons radiating from particles in black holes for instance causing things to be pulled in. A contraction or absorption of space towards a mass seems more logical rather than a particle transmitting a force. Quantum foam fits this idea I think, I still need to study your links above, and I need some time to really sit down and get to grips with it.

Gravitons are an aspect of quantum theory. The gravity of a BH does not need to "get out"  it is a fossil field of the star/mass that collapsed to form the BH. We do not need any contraction or absorption of spacetime, as it is readily explained by spacetime curvature/warpage.

Quantum foam is a "reasonable" but still speculative scenario of spacetime at the quantum/Planck level.

Matter when it is compressed is heated and eventually breaks down and can decay into antimatter and matter.

Matter can be broken down into its most basic fundamentals such as quarks, electrons.

Black holes emit gamma ray bursts, which may be due to this process.

BH's most probably emit Hawking Radiation, which I believe we would see as X-Rays, although still nothing ever crosses the EH from inside to outside. Virtual particle pairs that are created just this side of the EH of a BH, will mostly annihilate each other, except if by chance one gets sucked into the BH while the other escapes. If the negative particle is sucked in it detracts from the overall mass of the BH, and its escaping partner is seen as Hawking Radiation. That is a rough layman's take on Hawking radiation that may need correction from our professionals out there.

The concept of a single big bang giving rise to all the galaxies in the universe, seems a little bizarre. 

Perhaps you have not researched the BB model properly or understood it adequately enough, because it makes perfect sense to me.

There lots of galaxies assumed to have black holes at the centre. Supernovae maybe a small version of a big bang but driven by matter antimatter collisions. If each galaxy has a black hole in the middle, then it is possible that the contraction of space in a galaxy in the black hole results in a big bang which starts the whole process over again of recreating galaxies, a kind of rebirth or recycling,(this is the religious forum).

All galaxies I believe are now thought to have BHs at their core, and supernova have been adequately observed and explained as the end of the main sequence life of a large star. Really, you don't need to fabricate unobserved, speculative nonsense scenarios.

Martillo's deist idea of god interested me but lacked range, and clearly he was going to lose.

Gods, and Gods or mythical beliefs are really superfluous when one can understand how cosmology explains the universe from t+10-43 seconds, and is then able to speculate reasonably and logically into the quantum/Planck realm. https://www.astrosociety.org/publications/a-universe-from-nothing/

Let me conclude by saying that for one to criticise current accepted cosmology, one really needs to research such current accepted cosmology first, and explicitly understand it and the finer details.

1 hour ago, geordief said:

Have there been any theories as to what might happen in any of those 10^-43 seconds?

Or cannot this be approached piecemeal?

Yes there have been attempts such as Universe from nothing, cyclic and bounce models. 

However they are I guess you could say proposed extensions to the BB model currently LCDM. LCDM itself stops prior to hitting the singularity problem.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.