Is the internet like a country (split from free speech and community forums)

2blade

yeah germany was a private country too

a host is the leader of an internet domain and he rules as he pleases

weather he imposes a 30s germany like or a 1500 spanish like or a greek aphora one is up and ultimate only up to him as was germanies destiny up to hitler or greece destiny up to alexander

oh i just found it browsing the forums

seems to me a good analagy an internet place with a country

there are more similitudes than differences

Is it a traumatic novel experience for you joining a moderated forum with standards?

Edited by StringJunky

oh i just found it browsing the forums

seems to me a good analagy an internet place with a country

there are more similitudes than differences

Not at all. A better analogy might be a club with rules. You agree to the rules when you join the club. If you don't like the rules, you don't join.

Nothing like a country.

I would say that the similarly between a country and a website begins and ends at the fact that they are both organized and run by people. Any generlisations you can make about similarities between the two you can make about pretty much anything organized and run by people: clubs, households, libraries.

If everything tastes like chicken, perhaps chicken isn't the best comparison to draw in order to inform someone of what a thing really tastes like. Generally, you want to draw notice to distinguishing features. Otherwise you could say "Benches are pretty much like animals. After all, they are both made up of atoms and they are usually opaque in the visible spectrum of electromagnetic radiation."