Depression/Hurricanes

Moontanman

There must be a measurable build up of anxiety leading up to the events, the news and all, everyone running around getting stuff ready up to the arrival time. Not to mention the whole uncertainty about the exact path the hurricane will travel. Maybe some sort of pre-traumatic stress syndrome.

Hang in there moon. You're in our thoughts.

Edited by arc

Air pressure. Humidity. Electrical charge. Stress from people around you. Reminders of our pending mortality. Evolved tendency to seek shelter and stay there inactive under these conditions... yes, all of those things could and likely do,play a role. Any break from standard routine could do this, especially big breaks from climatic routine like hurricanes and tropical storms.

Air pressure. Humidity. Electrical charge. Stress from people around you. Reminders of our pending mortality. Evolved tendency to seek shelter and stay there inactive under these conditions... yes, all of those things could and likely do,play a role. Any break from standard routine could do this, especially big breaks from climatic routine like hurricanes and tropical storms.

well so far it's just hot and humid here, hardly any wind, stifling really.

Wind, rain, fallen trees and some blown transformers. At least one truck overturned. Most everyone stayed off the roads though.

Two people have drowned here today in rising flood waters. Not much wind yet but it's raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock...

Glad you made it through okay, though.

I have to admit I actually feel positive about hurricanes as they always meant I got the day off from school. Our version of a Snow Day.

Now as an adult having to batten down the hatches and clean up afterwards...

Glad you made it through okay, though.

I have to admit I actually feel positive about hurricanes as they always meant I got the day off from school. Our version of a Snow Day.

Now as an adult having to batten down the hatches and clean up afterwards...

The back side of the storm is kicking our butts right now, I've been through more than a few hurricanes. Never exactly enjoyed them. As reports keep coming in it looks like my area has taken a big hit, damage to trees and coastal properties. Flooding is very bad...