Voynich Manuscript a Cipher for the Ages

Tom O'Neil

On the question of what kind of skin:

Voynich manuscript @ Wiki

Please address my question on deciphering the manuscript text that I posted. Can you or can you not decipher it? If yes, then tell us what it says, and if no then tell us why you can't decipher it. (Whether deciphered in whole or in part.)

Right now I can only make out themes and labels, but whole strings of VMS text is too complex. Check this Clock.

I played around with the Sun on f67r1 and used Welsh, English and Roman Numerals and it's interpreted to me as a 24 hour period Clock.

sunclock.png?w=840

Right now I can only make out themes and labels, but whole strings of VMS text is too complex. Check this Clock.

I played around with the Sun on f67r1 and used Welsh, English and Roman Numerals and it's interpreted to me as a 24 hour period Clock.

It seems to me if you can decipher those characters on the 'clock' then you would have deciphered them wherever those same characters appear in whole strings of text. What am I missing?

A side note on the numerology from a mathematical perspective. Numerology in base 10 is congruent to modulo 9. E.g. 5+6+1+8=20 : 2+0=2 and 20 mod 9=2. Note that the numerological 9 is congruent to a mod 9 residue of 0. This relationship extends to numerology in any base, e.g. base 12 numerology would be congruent to mod 11. This is not meant to endorse what you claim for the numerology, rather as some mathematical trivia.

It seems to me if you can decipher those characters on the 'clock' then you would have deciphered them wherever those same characters appear in whole strings of text. What am I missing?

A side note on the numerology from a mathematical perspective. Numerology in base 10 is congruent to modulo 9. E.g. 5+6+1+8=20 : 2+0=2 and 20 mod 9=2. Note that the numerological 9 is congruent to a mod 9 residue of 0. This relationship extends to numerology in any base, e.g. base 12 numerology would be congruent to mod 11. This is not meant to endorse what you claim for the numerology, rather as some mathematical trivia.

I need a theme, label or picture and with that I can go about decoding. Otherwise with whole lines of VMS text its just numbers unless we find a manuscript or book which the numbers have equivalence. There is no way I can do it unless we have a key for that.

The Sun would represent some timing device and I'm sure you have heard of sun dials.

Edited by Tom O'Neil

DrKrettin I suggest you open your mind to that possibility in which old parchment was used. And if Dee had 630 ducats at the time he is a likely suspect Author of the VMS.

I suggest you open your mind to the difficulty in obtaining 100-year-old parchment which was previously unused. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Why would he do that anyway? Anticipating 15th century carbon dating?

You still have not responded to my question about what his son said:

"In addition, Dee stated that he had 630 ducats in October 1586, and his son noted that Dee, while in Bohemia, owned “a booke…containing nothing butt Hieroglyphicks, which booke his father bestowed much time upon: but I could not heare that hee could make it out.” "

This strongly suggests that even his own son thought that his father could not decipher the manuscript, i.e. he did not write it.

I need a theme, label or picture and with that I can go about decoding.

So your method is: guess what the picture is, make up some numbers for the Voynich symbols and then look for a numerological (i.e. meaningless) coincidence that matches your guess.

Otherwise with whole lines of VMS text its just numbers unless we find a manuscript or book which the numbers have equivalence.

And that is exactly why numerology is nonsense: you have turned it into a one-to-many mapping and so there is no uniques translation or decoding as you claim.

There is no way I can do it unless we have a key for that.

And that is what is required to claim that you have decided the language of the Voynich manuscript. Guessing what some pictures are doesn't really count.

Proposal:

Lock the thread

Reasons:

Tom is incapable of clearly explaining his method.

As far as his method can be understood it appears to be claptrap.

We are now going in circles.

And, the most important, daily exposure to the thread is increasing my blood pressure to dangerous levels.

Proposal:

Lock the thread

Reasons:

Tom is incapable of clearly explaining his method.

As far as his method can be understood it appears to be claptrap.

We are now going in circles.

And, the most important, daily exposure to the thread is increasing my blood pressure to dangerous levels.

!

Moderator Note

I agree. I thought we were getting somewhere with efforts at some of Strange's questions. I was wrong.

Do not reintroduce this topic.