Should Trump and Clinton volunteer to take standardized psychological & neurological tests?

Bill Angel

As if the American elections aren't enough of a circus, now you want call -in voting like Dancing With The Stars ?

And the martial arts are for the televised match; Who needs a debate !

( personally I think Hillary could kick Donald's ass )

Talent scouts go to universities and ask for a list of their outstanding students. The selection committee strives for the widest range of talent of all ethnic groups as well as men and women. Transparency is of the utmost. Maybe even the public gets to vote on which students get selected for presidency boot camp. It would work like "Dancing With The Stars" where the public is encouraged to vote, to avoid a fine, and a committee of experts in economics, political science, physical sciences, and martial arts.

IMHO the most important qualities of a good President are:

1. Having ability to make decisions without hesitation and ability to pursue a coherent, clear-cut strategy

2. Experience in running large organizations.

Being book smart should not be important since presidents never work alone. They have advisors, secretaries etc. to handle matters of the state.

Just becoming a congressman is an extraordinary achievement, comparable to becoming a Fortune 500 CEO and it can be safely said that people who get that far are AT LEAST smart.

Edited by Hans de Vries

Don't you want to be proud of your president? Don't you want your president able to expertly defend herself or himself?

That seems about as useful in a President as having one who is an expert painter or a piano prodigy.

I mean, it's cool and all, but kind of irrelevant to doing the job of President.

That seems about as useful in a President as having one who is an expert painter or a piano prodigy.

I mean, it's cool and all, but kind of irrelevant to doing the job of President.

True but it would be nice if all presidential candidates are well educated in all the subjects that are relevant to doing the job of president. Such as economics, global politics, history, physical sciences, technology, what else? And by "well educated" I mean they don't just take economics 101, but all the way through advanced economics. We should even know how well they performed in standardized tests in economics, history, and the other important presidential subjects.

I apologize about the martial arts comment, I was trying to be funny, but it fell flat. Sorry folks.

Edited by Airbrush

My 2 cents: Testing them seems like a fine idea... but it's too late now, the election is too close. I would say they would have to pass a competence/IQ test prior to applying for the position of candidate (although they both submitted CVs and had interviews for the positions of party leaders I would assume so maybe this is superfluous). You can't test them now or a failure would just give it to the other one. If they were vetted out BEFORE they were even allowed to run then this would be much better.