Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --- OPENS FRIDAY!!!

Lance

Are you bringing your towel?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you bringing your towel?

• YES, I'M GOING FRIDAY!!!!
    • Yes, but I'm not going on opening night.
    • No.
    • I'm not going to see it at all, you nerds.

Unfortunately, my expectations for this movie were so high, that I, of course had to be let down. John Malkovitch aside, I wasn't very impressed with the acting.

I was happy to see, though, I wasn't the only one with a towel at the theatre.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The opening musical number was so off that it was cool. The screenplay was good and the guide animations were fabulous [[i heard there was another one after the credits, but didn't stick around to see it]]. As for the acting...Arthur and Trillian were good, Ford was all right, Zaphod was over-the-top - and though that's the way his character was in the books, he seemed over-the-top in the wrong way, whatever sense that makes.

The brilliance of the books was in the WAY they were written, and that's something that doesn't translate to the screen. But it was a good effort :)

I enjoyed it very much. The musical number was 40's and campy and zany and set the mood just fine. Brilliant choice for Zaphod's second head, I wondered how they were going to handle that. Tickled me every time it popped up (and every time he put it back).

Considering all the wealth to choose from, it was strange sometimes to see what they put the emphasis on. Since the Vogon crabby-things weren't mentioned originally, I was dismayed at the amount of resources they spent on them which could have been used elsewhere.

The bit you missed in the credits was worth the wait. It's one of my favorite little asides in the books.

Chapter 5, paragraph 4.
I stand (or sit, perched atop a struggling, elegant, silken-coated gazelle-like creature) corrected.

Still, if they're going to key on a line or two, I'd rather they spent that time on something more entertaining, like Eccentrica Gallumbits, the triple-breasted whore of Eroticon 6. Much more fun to be sat on by her. ;)

I stand (or sit' date=' perched atop a struggling, elegant, silken-coated gazelle-like creature) corrected.

Still, if they're going to key on a line or two, I'd rather they spent that time on something more entertaining, like Eccentrica Gallumbits, the triple-breasted whore of Eroticon 6. Much more fun to be sat on by her. ;)[/quote']

Yeah, but some jerks decided that it needed to be rated PG...which made the Coming Attractions quite dismal. We actually had the entire theatre booing when the Chicken Little preview came on.

They're reshowing the 80's series on BBC2 on tuesday nights at 11.20 if any one is interested.

I've already seen it...my library carries it on VHS. I think it's actually funnier then the new movie.

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked it when I saw it on opening night. I'm sure it helped that I haven't read the books and I went to see it with a bunch of friends on opening night-ish (or opening day) and we were all so sleep deprived that we couldn't stop laughing at the opening music (we're all music freaks too, so that was... amazing... :D)

the best part of the whole movie was when the dolphins were signing opera style me and my friends were loseing it with laughter but atrangely everyone else was silent

the best part of the whole movie was when the dolphins were signing opera style me and my friends were loseing it with laughter but atrangely everyone else was silent

I thought it was a bit awkward. Not sure what was funny about it. :rolleyes: