Unable to Quote or Copy and Paste?

For the first time since I started posting on the science forms I have lost the ability to quote other posters or even copy and paste. Has anyone ever experienced that problem?

Some people in the past mentioned it's related (at least in their case) to used web browser. They said they can quote in one web browser, and can't quote in other one.

I am using Mozilla Firefox, and quote function works as expected (as you can see above).

You could do it manually though. Just enter [ quote ] prior text, and [ /quote ] after text, without spaces obviously. Eventually switch to raw text mode (the top left button in full editor), then you can copy/edit the all tags.

How can you not being able to copy text from website? It's built-in web browser functionality. Web site must intercept RMB context menu to prevent user from using copy functionality (but it still can be bypassed by using Show Source Code).

Maybe it's unexpected revelation of virus/Trojan/browser extension/plugin installed and intercepting your data.. ?

Edited by Sensei

For the first time since I started posting on the science forms I have lost the ability to quote other posters or even copy and paste. Has anyone ever experienced that problem?

Reinstall your browser. I use IE, Chrome and FF with no problems. Don't forget to reboot before reinstalling.

Edited by StringJunky

Clipboard? Don't know - I tried clicking on 'More Options' and changing formats like you suggested to someone else in another thread earlier, but I didn't have any joy there either.. it is a minor inconvenience really.