Where does time start?

GrandMasterK

why is it exactly, that time slows down when you move?
I actually posed an argument to this claim, suggesting that time speeds up the faster one moves--whereas time for everyone else is going relatively slower for that person. Likewise, I turned the present assertion that one gets younger the faster they move around by suggesting that one actually gets older the faster they move.

If a person is moving faster than something else, then time outside of them moving slower in relation to their time and movement would mean that in relation to the the outward time, the person moving faster would be experiencing time moving quicker for their self in comparison to those moving slower. It makes sense to me, and is that why you asked this question? If that is why, consider reading this thread: http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10878

so we've come to the conclusion that time is constant' date=' for anything to happen time has to pass, and it existed before the big bang, assuming you disbelieve that the big bang isnt the very first event to take place in this multi universe dimension, diverse plains, level of exsistences place, which is probably just a petry dish in some guys lab. I hope he's a nice guy.....maybe the type of guy who interferes with stuff like meteors commin at earth....atleast until we get advanced enough where we can handle problems like that on our own.

Anybody have something to add?[/quote']

Time is not constant.

I wasnt asking "what" happens when you move, I was asking "why" time speeds up.

I thought it just sped up for people going that fast, I didnt know they're life actually shortened...or prolonged. I thought you would still live until your 70-90 and it would feel like the same length of time it would on earth, it would just equal thousands of years for people like us just sittin around.

So an hour going at the speed of light, feels like an hour (im aware thats like a year or something crazy for people who aint moving) but meanwhile your aging like a son of a b? or in your theory, turning into a baby?

I wasnt asking "what" happens when you move' date=' I was asking "why" time speeds up.

I thought it just sped up for people going that fast, I didnt know they're life actually shortened...or prolonged. I thought you would still live until your 70-90 and it would feel like the same length of time it would on earth, it would just equal thousands of years for people like us just sittin around.[/quote']

Since light speed is constant in all frames, time must be adjusted. It slows down as you approach light speed. Check out relativity section, you will find better explainations there.

Time doesn't really slow down. Time is an abstract invariant therefore it can't change. It's the clocks (including our internal clock - the heart) which slow down due to energy conservation at work.

Time dilation & time travel is all pseudoscience.

• 5 years later...

I actually posed an argument to this claim, suggesting that time speeds up the faster one moves--whereas time for everyone else is going relatively slower for that person. Likewise, I turned the present assertion that one gets younger the faster they move around by suggesting that one actually gets older the faster they move.

If a person is moving faster than something else, then time outside of them moving slower in relation to their time and movement would mean that in relation to the the outward time, the person moving faster would be experiencing time moving quicker for their self in comparison to those moving slower. It makes sense to me, and is that why you asked this question? If that is why, consider reading this thread: http://www.sciencefo...ead.php?t=10878

My personal theory (that hit me one day over a pizza) was that if time is relative to position or distance (or changes thereof), then that must mean that time is also relative to size and scale. I believe that all living creatures of different sizes have roughly the same lifespan (with many obvious exceptions). This would explain why Hollywood and National Geographic finds it natural to film small animals in slow motion and speed up larger ones. This would also explain why an insect can fly or hop away and react to us so fast (and no, there were no flies on my pizza)... our large human movements must seem so slow to a small fly! And relatively, small flies' movements seem so fast to us large humans.

This leads to my following quesiton... what would be the Relativity Constant for calculating time relative to size? Imagine what detail science is overlooking because we study smaller or larger things on our time-scale instead of theirs!

...I had an idea which I have been thinking of but no one here noticed or thought wasn't worth replying to...It happened to explain an odd event of there being more space in places of space-time...In order to suggest what this means I put forward in one of my notes that it could mean there is no such thing as time...only space...more space = the illusion of time.

...Don't take that as the answer though...I'm not even sure I believe my own idea...[No one has given any support or acknowledgement so I am yet undecided.]

Big Bang is nonsense...big inflation is closer...big collapse of previous universe into a singularity which then super inflated then inflated and is now this universe is the closest to the truth in my opinion, ...in other words i'm suggest time is 'trans-universal'...it came from the previous existence. How else do you explain where the laws of physics come from? Of-coarse this idea has been suggested before...it's called the 'big bounce' theory. As far as I know it is closer to observation and evidence compared with the 'big bang' theory.

big-crunch-theory-big-bounce.jpg

big_bounce_new_scientist.jpg

Time doesn't really slow down. Time is an abstract invariant therefore it can't change. It's the clocks (including our internal clock - the heart) which slow down due to energy conservation at work.

Time dilation & time travel is all pseudoscience.

Nonsense...we have used powerful, super-accurate clocks to prove time is slower on Earth than in space. Time dilation happens. According to Einstein Time a dimension just like the dimensions of space.

Edited by ProcuratorIncendia

big collapse of previous universe into a singularity which then super inflated then inflated and is now this universe is the closest to the truth in my opinion

Since the universe is flat, this must either be the last cycle or the only universe.

Since the universe is flat, this must either be the last cycle or the only universe.

It isn't flat. It has height, wide, depth and time. It's 4D or more dimensional depending on whether the theories that say the universe is more that 4D are true.

It's 4D or more dimensional depending on whether the theories that say the universe is more that 4D are true.

It's still flat. Analysis of the background radiation reveals large scale euclidean geometry, ie a flat universe.

Edited by ydoaPs

Not sure how to describe the question but i'll do my best. If numbers are infinite, how can you ever get to 1 is basically what im asking.

So in the form of time, how do you ever get to a second? where in the .00000000000000000000000000000 and beyond does it actually begin and start going up?

1 planck time