Zero Gravity

evo

Hi guys. What are your thoughts on the recently released YouTube video that is causing a stir around the world? Have we finally got a shot at creating zero gravity.

If this works, it should also be able to produce increased gravity at the sides of the structure, and those inductor plates should be able to be used as spacecraft floors to generate 1g gravity for our long-flight expeditions into space.

I can't wait to see if someone sponsors this guy and builds his prototype. I will be sat at the T.V the day they throw the switch.

search 'zero gravity facility' . .the guy is Nick Korda.

Edited by evo

You've got the wrong idea about how the zero gravity facility works.

It's a 132 metre drop in a vaccuum it's a similar principle to using a plane in a descent.

It's not creating zero gravity via the plates.

Here

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&rct=j&q=zero%20gravity%20facility&ved=0ahUKEwi-5-rU05TLAhUMyGMKHe_qDOoQFggiMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffacilities.grc.nasa.gov%2Fdocuments%2FTOPS%2FTopZERO.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGPhISDtv1JDrwjsF-q5OzV20Xjzw

What are your thoughts on the recently released YouTube video that is causing a stir around the world?

We do not know what you are talking about. Can you give more details here?

Like Mordred, I am wondering if you are simply confused about the Zero Gravity Research Facility at the NASA Glenn Research Center. Basically, they drop things allowing them to be in free-fall and so 'weightless'.

Hi Mordred, AJB. Thank you for your feedback.

No, not the gravity-drop concept. This guy Nick Korda wants to build 2 massive low voltage high powered magnets 50 m long x 30 m wide. He reckons if they are placed in a 'v' configuration, when they are powered -up they will draw gravity waves to towards them creating a zero-gravity bubble at the top of the plates. The YouTube link is

hxxps://yyy.youtube.com/watch?v=wXn0EpoZ16Q (replace xx with tt, yyy with www).

I think this thing will work.

This guy Nick Korda wants to build 2 massive low voltage high powered magnets 50 m long x 30 m wide. He reckons if they are placed in a 'v' configuration, when they are powered -up they will draw gravity waves to towards them creating a zero-gravity bubble at the top of the plates.

Is there any theoretical bases for this?

I do not see how magnets would attract gravitational waves. Can you point to a published paper that explains the concepts? If not, then you should probably forget this guy.

Hi Mordred, AJB. Thank you for your feedback.

No, not the gravity-drop concept. This guy Nick Korda wants to build 2 massive low voltage high powered magnets 50 m long x 30 m wide. He reckons if they are placed in a 'v' configuration, when they are powered -up they will draw gravity waves to towards them creating a zero-gravity bubble at the top of the plates. The YouTube link is

hxxps://yyy.youtube.com/watch?v=wXn0EpoZ16Q (replace xx with tt, yyy with www).

I think this thing will work.

Actually, what you have is another person that does not understand what gravitational waves are. They hear the term "gravitational waves"*, and jump to the conclusion that this means that gravity is mediated by these waves. That simply isn't the case. Gravity is not due to masses emitting waves that then interact with other masses causing an attraction. Gravity is a field. Yes, there are such things as gravitational waves, but what they do is carry information about changes in the field. Even without gravitational waves, you still have gravitational attraction.

So even if the proposed device could affect gravitational waves, it would not effect gravitational attraction or produce a zero-G region.

* "Gravity waves" are a totally different thing. They are waves caused in the surface of a fluid by gravity. Ocean waves are an example of gravity waves.