Observations : indirectly leading to a possible insight into the Nature of Gravity.

Mike Smith Cosmos

Here you pointed the way to the insight . To the electron ( A Quantum Particle ) !

I think we are homing in on the area , you speak of ( QUANTUM GRAVITY ) .

The electron is the very root of quantum . It was first perceived by Niels Bohr to exist in association with the atom in only specific energy levels with associated frequencies . Max Plank went on to associate a certain ' Constant ' . Planks constant (h. ) with these set ( energy e and frequency f ) . Thus was born the QUANTUM era . Link See planks constant Wikipedia :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_constant

The value of Planck's constant is h = 6.626070040 x 10to-34 joules seconds

. . Or 4.135667662x 10 to-15 electro volt seconds

We have GRAVITY coming in from the sea to this very spot by the way this thread has developed .

If that is not exciting , inspirational , warranting an insight , I do not know what is .

Mike

I did not speak of quantum gravity, and there is nothing in this discussion that points toward quantum gravity.

I did not speak of quantum gravity, and there is nothing in this discussion that points toward quantum gravity.

Yes , I accept that you were not pointing to quantum gravity , neither was I expecting , or still do not expect it .

I am merely stating that I was hoping for some insight within the five observations , purely based on intuition.

The progress of discussion seems to have found itself , looking over a fence, with gravity on one side, and quantum behaviour on the other side of the fence. Namely the quantum behaviour of electrons , and the effect gravity has on a individual electron.

This might be a fertile area for those trying to square ( quantum gravity behaviour) . I am not up to that sort of maths , or theory for that matter. However I am good at sensing those areas of science mystery , that get resolved later. I am getting a good sense of the multi state condition ( , gravity, electron , photon ,quantum. Electro-magnetism , oscillation) .

Just hope somebody gets the same , sense , and sorts it all out .

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

I think I have heard that that is one of the main areas of present enquiry.

I think ? That quantum issues in the universe start right here at the RECOMBINATION. ( roughly 300,000 years out from the Beginning . Start. BigBang Or whatever .

When electrons (-) were drawn inextricably in toward the protons (+) , ( hydrogen and helium nucleus ) , but did not go right in to the nucleus , because of quantum issues. I think .

But if you think about it naked Gravity was afoot. And quantum was afoot . Not forgetting there were an awful lot of Photons floating about , trapped in their Plasma sea .

What dance came about ?

post-33514-0-30539200-1446988945_thumb.jpg post-33514-0-45184200-1446988967_thumb.jpg

Mike

What dance came about ?

I wouldn't dare to comment but I would be fascinated to know what the latest speculations are on the subject.

I think you need to be abreast of the subject to a degree so as to know who might be worth listening to -and I am not.

Water is level because it's an equipotential. That's how nature behaves.

The water is free to flow, to first order anyway (until you can't ignore surface tension). If it wasn't level, there would be a lateral force on it, which will only go away when it's level. Like a feedback loop. So it ends up level.

Today I took the Jack Russell for a walk by the local river Culm and the river Otter. They were flowing over respective weirs. It was very level at the top of the weir.

The water flowing over held together for the first half of the fall.

The water tore apart into foam globules during the second half of the fall presumably under the pull of Gravity.

post-33514-0-14716600-1447006368_thumb.jpg

post-33514-0-30438600-1447006127_thumb.jpg

Note the water flowing over the weir remains intact to nearly the bottom .( top picture )

The water breaks apart after part of the fall ( second picture )

So , on the one hand Gravity is pulling throughout the water falling . The bonding holds the water together for half or more of the fall. I would suggest . Finally the bonds are torn apart , I would suggest at the white foamy parts at the bottom .

Water is level because it's an equipotential. That's how nature behaves.

The water is free to flow, to first order anyway (until you can't ignore surface tension). If it wasn't level, there would be a lateral force on it, which will only go away when it's level. Like a feedback loop. So it ends up level.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying about ( surface tension ) and first order?

The atoms responsible for these bonding forces within water are ' born ' in the centre of stars when many of the elements, as atoms, were manufactured by immense temperatures . And the molecules by later combination, presumably in dust clouds in outer space , before their arrival here on earth , by the generation of the Solar system some 4.500,000,000 years ago ( is this paragraph about correct ? )

Mike

!

Moderator Note

Mike,

For all your curiosity about the world around you, you do not seem to be that interested in actually learning about it. We are currently 4 pages into this thread and within that space, the phenomenon that you observed has been explained to you and explained to you again. Yet, you persist with ideas that are at the very least, non-scientific (I would perhaps go so far as to say nonsense).

As you are apparently unwilling to accept that science already has this one covered (and for the sake of everyone's sanity), this thread is hereby closed.