Should child abuse be allowed?

6431hoho

What are the pos/cons for abusing a child?

Should it be allowed?

Do you have any facts to share with us?

I think that child abuse should be prohibited as much as possbile, but I also think that children should obey their parents. After all, you owe everything to them.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

child abuse should not be allowed in any way. children should obey their parents when they are in the "right". children should disobey when their parents are in the "wrong". this distinction is difficult to make sometimes, as children usually do not have superior judgment. children do not owe everything to their parents.

Budullewraagh your answer is as ridiculus as the question.I need not elaborate on the post more than this[/b']..I hold you in high regard please dont post like this again.
If you are going to criticize people in this manner ever again, you will elaborate or you will refrain from posting, or you will risk suspension of your account. Your choice of words is obviously inflammatory and begs an inflammatory post in response. If you have a problem with a person's response or opinion, give them a reason they can refute.

What are the pos/cons for abusing a child?

Pros:None

Cons:You can't be serious can you?:mad::rolleyes:

Should it be allowed?

:mad:No it shouldn't.:mad: Why should it be? There is no possible good that can come from child abuse. Find one benefit of child abuse. Just try.:mad:

I think that child abuse should be prohibited as much as possbile' date=' but I also think that children should obey their parents. [/quote']

So it should be made legal for someone to abuse another person just so they can have their own personal slave? That's really the way an advanced society functions isn't it?

After all, you owe everything to them.

I think the future mental problems will cut down on that, don't you?

Budullewraagh your answer is as ridiculus as the question.

His answer is not ridiculous. It's sad that you find the idea that people should be allowed to abuse their children ridiculous.

Also, being emotional and extracting the truth doesn't help a lot.

"So it should be made legal for someone to abuse another person just so they can have their own personal slave? That's really the way an advanced society functions isn't it?"

I haven't heard any child abuses where child doesn't commit any blameworthy crime to their parents.

It's wrong to say that the child didn't know that it was wrong because they've been living with their parents and found out what's right and wrong FROM them.

If you are going to criticize people in this manner ever again, you will elaborate or you will refrain from posting, or you will[/u'] risk suspension of your account. Your choice of words is obviously inflammatory and begs an inflammatory post in response. If you have a problem with a person's response or opinion, give them a reason they can refute.

Since I agreed with Newtonian I take half the blame for the resonse. I apologize to you budullewraagh. I seem to be doing that a lot lately, turning on my brain after the fact. :-( It's just a sensitive issue with me and I should have kept quiet......Phi was right.

Bettina

This is the strangest topic. :eek: The word abuse is in all ways negative. By definition, it is bad. Even if you are proponent of strong discipline, you wouldn't want to abuse your child. Did you perhaps mean to use the word spank, hoho?

Not strong enough? Batter?

How about bludgeon?

Electrocute?

Burn with cigarettes?

Maybe you should define your terms. What constitutes child abuse? What constitutes obedience.

I actually thought budullewraagh's opinion was excellent considering the raw material. Some parents teach their children to steal. Should they be obeyed?

"This is the strangest topic. The word abuse is in all ways negative. By definition, it is bad. Even if you are proponent of strong discipline, you wouldn't want to abuse your child. Did you perhaps mean to use the word spank, hoho?

Not strong enough? Batter?

How about bludgeon?

Electrocute?

Burn with cigarettes?"

If the parent would do such a thing, (your list is unrealistic) they wouldn't just stop just because it's the law.

If children weren't fools, they would know how not to get abuses (such as not talking back if your parent don't allow it) Since most aren't, they need t accept their ignorance and learn.

Your posts are begging for abuse.

Discipline is not abuse. A parent should only discipline, never abuse. Spanking is not abuse. It should not lead to bruises or even any pain that is more than momentary.

Calling names like stupid, loser, etc. is abuse. This is not discipline.

Discipline stops unwanted behaviour and teaches good behaviour. Abuse teaches more bad behaviour

Even if you are proponent of strong discipline, you wouldn't want to abuse your child. Did you perhaps mean to use the word spank, hoho? ... Maybe you should define your terms.
Coral has a great suggestion here. Are you talking about forceful discipline, like spanking or caning, or are you talking about beating them up? As has been mentioned earlier, abuse, by it's definition, is always bad. For example, one can drink alcohol with no adverse affects, but if one abuses alcohol, one risks alsoholism or worse.

Please define your terms.

From my understanding, child abuse involves teens as well (this means that spanking doesn't do a very good job)

p.s. I don't beg for abuse, I said things to let others be aware what I'm talking about.

From my understanding' date=' child abuse involves teens as well (this means that spanking doesn't do a very good job)

p.s. I don't beg for abuse, I said things to let others be aware what I'm talking about.[/quote']

Hoho, you are really all around this thing. It is becoming an elephant in the living room. Please tell us what you are referring to, not what it's not. :rolleyes:

From my understanding' date=' child abuse involves teens as well (this means that spanking doesn't do a very good job)

p.s. I don't beg for abuse, I said things to let others be aware what I'm talking about.[/quote']

Next time your shopping and a 4-year old is throwing a fit - go ahead and talk to them and work it out. I want to watch you!

A swift pat on the butt and a hug will usually do the trick. But many people manage to raise children without spanking. Maybe it is possible for all children. I think ignoring them is much worse than spanking though.

Next time your shopping and a 4-year old is throwing a fit - go ahead and talk to them and work it out. I want to watch you!

A swift pat on the butt and a hug will usually do the trick. But many people manage to raise children without spanking. Maybe it is possible for all children. I think ignoring them is much worse than spanking though.

John, I have the shopping fit solution but it involves some ignoring. My daughter only did this once. I said: "Okay. I see you want to throw a hissy, but I need to shop, so bye!" Off I went -- not too far of course -- I had her in sight the whole time but she thought I was gone. (She was never any good at hide and seek.) She calmed down once her audience (me) was gone. I gave her a little more time and went back and got her, saying, "Everytime you do this, you do it alone." Never had another public hissy fit from her. :)

Since I'm talking about discpline, the parent should decide what's enough and what's not.

Okay. But then you need to define discipline. Most parents do define and develop their own methods. Usually pretty effective.

But if a parent is exacting discipline that leaves marks or bruises one hour after the punishment, where I live, that's called child abuse.