Extreme pain after injury

seriously disabled

That's a lie.

http://www.nbn.org.il/aliyahpedia/education-ulpan/special-education-resources-for-disabilities/organizations-that-provide-services-for-disabilities/

I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, and invite you to see if there are any of these organizations you may have missed in searching for help. It doesn't really matter to me that you're beating me up while I'm trying to help, I can take it. Some might call that caring.

I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, and invite you to see if there are any of these organizations you may have missed in searching for help. It doesn't really matter to me that you're beating me upwhile I'm trying to help, I can take it. Some might call that caring.

Thanks a lot for this. I appreciate this.

I am currently living with my parents so my father pays for everything so I have no need to worry. In the very far future when my parents will no longer be alive, I might though.

Edited by seriously disabled

• 4 weeks later...

Severe pain is still one of the most misunderstood phenomenon in science, along with the phenomena of extreme suffering in general.

Religion has a lot to say about extreme suffering (in general) but science on the contrary has very little to say about it.

I think that much more research needs to be done into the phenomena of pain in order to determine why pain after injury has to be so very very painful.

Edited by seriously disabled

• 3 weeks later...

Still saying that we already know everything there is to know about pain is foolish. Much more research is required because I believe we have only began to scratch the surface.

Pain is still one of the most misunderstood phenomena in science.

Perhaps quantum mechanics and/or quantum field theory can explain why pain has to be so very painful.

A) no one is claiming that everything is known. There is also no argument that more research is needed. However,

B) your claim that it is one of the most understood phenomena has no basis. You provide no evidence that the current knowledge is wrong (unless you mean something specific that you have failed to convey). I think you would agree that incomplete and misunderstood have rather different meanings.

C) Adding quantum theory for good measure does not help your argument as randomly adding disciplines does not make anything clearer. Likewise I could claim that string and group theory could provide deeper insights.

D) Pain has to be painful because otherwise it would not be pain. You may be interested in congenital analgesia.which is mostly connected to SCN9A mutations.

E) Are you sure that science is misunderstanding things and not someone else?

Pain is still one of the most misunderstood phenomena in science.

!

Moderator Note

Very little of this discussion has been based on science, and most of that is at your insistence. For example, insisting that pain doesn't have a psychological component, which is contradicted by the existence of the placebo effect http://www.nature.com/news/strong-placebo-response-thwarts-painkiller-trials-1.18511

I see that Phi had suggested moving this to speculations, but it doesn't fit there owing to the outright rejection of scientific discussion, even after multiple iterations. I'm just going to close this.