Fafalone

Guest fuzioN

I mean proper physics, heh. Quantum mechanics and stuff like that. Astrophysics and perhaps more Cosmology are okay I guess, but they're a bit funny in that they are science the wrong way round - looking at things and trying to make up any old thing that fits your observations. Alot of it seems rather ad hoc to me, when considering things like Dark Matter. QM on the other hand can actually be tested, and theories generated that show some pretty wierd stuff that you can actually look at.

that money sounds nice, but I've never really been interested in money. provided I have three meals a day and a roof over my head I don't mind too much ^_^

It's just my opinion but the mind uses more energy than aerobics and ruins your appetite so women on keyboards who think are usually cuter than nurses who work hard but a lot of their work is rote tasks. Just want you to know what your giving up fafalone. Plus you'll probably put on a lotta pounds yourself. Surgery and golf can be as bad as cigarettes if your not into research. Just worried about you man.

Just aman

Originally posted by fafalone

Don't worry, I have a very wide range of interests, and an actual life too... not varying the routine a little would cause an early burnout, can't let that happen :)

mmmhmmmm. :rolleyes:

jk faf :D

So you have a little variety in your life. Let's do something really spontaneous. Anybody got a plane. I got some shovels in the barn and we can all fly to Egypt and dig up that tomb under the sphinx. Maybe we can use the shovel handles to break a couple al-kada heads while were there. I can get us close to the Sphinx cus I speak sphincter if I drink their water. This kind of adventure is exactly what everybody here needs. I got a feeling the tomb is there and it's full of really great stuff. C'mon, let's go.

Just "Indiana Jones" aman:p

Last one on the plane is a weenie:p

I'll raise the money just as soon as I can find somebody that buys aluminum cans. Get ready to travel. You ever hitchiked on an airport runway? I told you it was gonna be an adventure.

Just aman

I'm gonna bring my dogs.

I just found a map.

http://www.crystalinks.com/sphinxschematics.html

The plan is falling together. I also just read an article in Natl. Geo. about Russian firefighters and how they drop into areas with only a shovel blade. The first thing they do is find and make a handle. We can do that. Just gotta get shovel blades on a plane now. I'm trying to make this easier.

Just aman

i buy cans. but there russian. the only reason they go without a handle is because they couldnt afford it. and a spade on a plane? good luck. they dont even let u keep the cans on the plane. they give it to u in a cup.

Anybody here know John Travolta? He's got a jet.

I just can't see fafalone going into something so serious for the rest of his life without "The big adventure"

We might get killed or thrown in a foreign prison but so what? It'll be fun.

The whole idea is to dig up the tomb and learn the secret. If we get captured then the idea is to escape and get back to the U.S.

Then a very skinny fafalone can go back to school and be a totally different and better DO or MD. Maybe he could even write a book.

It's just the best advice I can give you. It's gonna take a little planning. My first expedition took two years to get together.

Just to keep you thinking:scratch:

Just aman:cool2:

• 2 weeks later...

That's 3 1/2 of us ready to go. But it will have to be cheap. I sold my cans and got $7 and bought a six pack. I was weak.

First thing will be training, cheap. If you've got some cliffs nearby, climb to the top and take a 50 foot rope and a pint of whiskey. Drink the whisky and see if you can get down.:flame:

Let me know if you passed.

Next training is go out to the nearest manhole and open it. Climb in with a 1 hour candle and one pack of matches, not waterproof.

Travel as far as you can with the candle and somehow make it out, even if rescue has to break some concrete thats OK.

If you traveled at least a mile then your ready.

C'mon guys we only got two years to put this together or else someones gonna do it first and faf's just gonna be a nerdy doctor.

Just aman

Just to let you know I'm not a total nerd, when I was in Chamonix one evening I just got bored and started climbing My. Blanc. Some parts were near vertical, I had no gear, just kept going. Eventually the rocks got a little to icy to climb with absolutely no gear (or much past experience beyond a couple climbs in the southwest), and I turned back... climbing up to a waterfall and moving across a 1ft ledge with a 1500+ ft drop is quite an experience :) I'm the kind of person who will just do something, if I had the money during the summer I'd be on a different continent every week. This is hardly being a nerd :)

Originally posted by aman

If you've got some cliffs nearby, climb to the top and take a 50 foot rope and a pint of whiskey. Drink the whisky and see if you can get down.:flame:

Let me know if you passed.

oh you can invariably get down the question is can you get down and live?

I guess letting you know would constitute passing...

Hey Fafalone. This is just to keep you and some other courageous individuals from turning into pencil necks.

I ain't doubting anybodys qualifications as long as your breathing.

But ya can't be alergic to wasp stings cus you get stung plenty or else you have to buy your own anti-shock kit.

I guess it'd be nice having a pre-MDDO along.

Damn the plannings just getting started.

I bought a lottery ticket so when I win I'll be able to charter a jet, maybe.:scratch:

just aman

• 1 year later...