life frequency and the afterlife

jag908

If energy is a constant, it can not be created nor destroyed, would the mind/soul be only energy harnessed by the body. This energy that is harnessed would have a certain frequency while still in the body and a certain frequency when the body dies. If one could focus on this energy frequency, couldn't this prove that there is a chance that some form of if you will "life" after death exists?

If energy is a constant, it can not be created nor destroyed,

Okay...

...would the mind/soul be only energy harnessed by the body.

Well our bodies use energy including our brains. I don't know what you mean by 'harness' exactly.

We eat and convert the energy of the chemical bonds into energy that we use for all our processes. This includes thinking.

This energy that is harnessed would have a certain frequency

What does the 'frequency of energy' mean? Waves have a frequency and waves carry energy.

...while still in the body and a certain frequency when the body dies.

See above.

If one could focus on this energy frequency, couldn't this prove that there is a chance that some form of if you will "life" after death exists?

And again see above.

If energy is a constant, it can not be created nor destroyed, would the mind/soul be only energy harnessed by the body. This energy that is harnessed would have a certain frequency while still in the body and a certain frequency when the body dies. If one could focus on this energy frequency, couldn't this prove that there is a chance that some form of if you will "life" after death exists?

what do you mean by energy?

I'm mean the human brain uses electrical and chemical energy to function. An eeg can read these signals therefore the human body does create something be it brain waves in this instance. So I'm saying, isn't it possible that there is a wavelength not yet discovered or maybe just not fully understood that might bridge a gap at the second of death to where all of it dispearses to. If one could see this dispearsment, it could at least lead to more questions and not a simple, when you die nothing happens.

I'm mean the human brain uses electrical and chemical energy to function. An eeg can read these signals therefore the human body does create something be it brain waves in this instance. So I'm saying, isn't it possible that there is a wavelength not yet discovered or maybe just not fully understood that might bridge a gap at the second of death to where all of it dispearses to. If one could see this dispearsment, it could at least lead to more questions and not a simple, when you die nothing happens.

What constitutes you is the sum total of all the chemical reactions that your body performs. You are an emergent phenomenon, arising from those reactions. When those reactions stop, so do you. Emergence can be thought of as: That which is greater than the sum of its parts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence

So I'm saying, isn't it possible that there is a wavelength not yet discovered or maybe just not fully understood that might bridge a gap at the second of death to where all of it dispearses to.

I suppose it is possible (although the statement doesn't seem to make much sense). But unless you have some evidence for this "undiscovered frequency" I think we can just ignore the suggestion.

"If energy is a constant"

From the point of view of a body, it isn't because you can bring energy in by eating it (or sunbathing) and you can also lose energy (by doing work, like liftimng stuff, or by dissipating heat to your surroundings).

" would the mind/soul be only energy harnessed by the body"

​No, the body harnesses a lot of energy- overwhelmingly most of it from food)

The mind exists and it's not unreasonable to say it uses a lot of energy (the brain uses far more than it's share of the body's energy- given its size)

But, since there's no reason to believe that a soul exists, there's no way to justify saying that it's the energy used by the body. Wel know that practically all the energy used by the body ends up as heat.

"This energy that is harnessed would have a certain frequency"

Why?

"and a certain frequency when the body dies"

Why?

If one could focus on this energy frequency, "

How do you focus on something when there is no reason to believe it even exists?

"couldn't this prove that there is a chance that some form of if you will "life" after death exists?"

No.

It's like saying "If unicorns are pink does that show that there's an afterlife?"

There are two problems.

No unicorns have been shown to exist and, even if they did, their colour wouldn't be any reason to believe in an afterlife.

Human's release a heat and this can be seen using an infrared, they also emit low level bioluminescence. Let's say a star is born on the edge of the galaxy and the light from that star won't reach earth for millions of years abd there is no technology yet to see this new star, does it exist? Just because no one has never seen it, doesn't mean it might not be there. Yes seeing is believing and there is no evidence of any kind to prove anything, I was simply trying to think outside the box and put a what if out there for the world to see.

Human's release a heat and this can be seen using an infrared

You have to produce external waste(heat in this case) to go on living.

Let's say a star is born on the edge of the galaxy and the light from that star won't reach earth for millions of years abd there is no technology yet to see this new star, does it exist? Just because no one has never seen it, doesn't mean it might not be there.

You might want to look at the concept of a light cone.

Let's say a star is born on the edge of the galaxy and the light from that star won't reach earth for millions of years abd there is no technology yet to see this new star, does it exist? Just because no one has never seen it, doesn't mean it might not be there.

There is no reason to believe it exists if you can produce no evidence for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot

I was simply trying to think outside the box and put a what if out there for the world to see.

That is not "thinking outside the box", it is just making stuff up.

You are, of course, free to believe that the world is populated by undetectable pink unicorns, but that is totally irrational.

The electrical signals in the body may well decay unexpectedly after death. But I don't see that this has anything to do with an afterlife. Going from 'unexpected electrical signals' to 'afterlife' is a huge jump.

Just because no one has never seen it, doesn't mean it might not be there.

Seen what? As no one has see it, how do we know what it is? What are its properties, how do we measure them, how does it interact with other things?

Without some guiding principals one is just making stuff up.