it is fearful to talk about death.

yahya515

THEN. When you are in a dream it feels real and you seem to be in the dream and do "what appear to be real things at the time " even if later you think some of those things were a bit , " different" say like flying .

NOW . When you are in the life bit we appear to all be in now . It seems fairly o.k. Now.

FUTURE AFTERLIFE . Perhaps , if you wake up in an 'afterlife' , you might look back at this bit , and think ! Wow I did some crazy things back then . But ' in the future ', rather than now , could be as different again, as dreams are to current life experiences.

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

What if it does?

.....but any religion that prevents you living while you have life isn’t worth following.

if it does I may go to hell!!

imagine that you are blind , this will prevent you living normally, you do not have the choise to avoid being blind or perhaps being disabled, you are content being blind you will not enter paradise by being blind, but you are content , now being blind came from another authority , you did not cause yourself being blind , life itself did , the same for religion it came from another authority , being blind is much much worse than being religious, why blind people are content and religious ones are not ? here comes the role of the devil .

What if it doesn't?

I will loose nothing , this life will end whether I enjoyed it or not, I will not remember any joy being dead.

Edited by yahya515

THEN. When you are in a dream it feels real and you seem to be in the dream and do "what appear to be real things at the time " even if later you think some of those things were a bit , " different" say like flying .

NOW . When you are in the life bit we appear to all be in now . It seems fairly o.k. Now.

FUTURE AFTERLIFE . Perhaps , if you wake up in an 'afterlife' , you might look back at this bit , and think ! Wow I did some crazy things back then . But ' in the future ', rather than now , could be as different again, as dreams are to current life experiences.

Mike

you can not control your dream, however you can control life, is the thing which is capale to be controled will come first or will come later ? dream can not be controled , reality can be controled, life can be controled , afterlife can not be controled, you first live reality then dream about it , you first live life and then be judged about it, you are always wise Mike.

Not being able to see through a brick wall doesn’t make you blind and anyone who thinks the wall is invisible will just run into it.

To pursue that person and smash into the wall is to follow blindly.

you first investigate yourself being blind then investigate if the wall is invisible or not, if you are blind then the wall being invisible or not is meaningless , just follow that person who is not blind and thinks the wall is invisible, if you are not blind determine by yourself whether the wall is invisible or not, it is easier to investigate whether a person is blind or not about his beliefs, if you think yourself being blind , by not being able to see beyond death, then follow others blindly, if you are not blind by being able to see beyond death , then determine whether afterlife is true or false.

Edited by yahya515

I think you have that the wrong way round. It is easy to control dreams. It is really hard to have much meaningful control over real life.

Excuse me !! night dreams !! the time when you are sleeping , similar to a diferent life that you can not control. the similarity also that sleeping is similar to death, you are away from reality, living another life i.e , night dreams.

Edited by yahya515

Excuse me !! night dreams !! the time when you are sleeping , similar to a diferent life that you can not control. the similarity also that sleeping is similar to death, you are away from reality, living another life i.e , night dreams.

Yes. Those dreams. Easy to control.

Real life: hard to control.

I quote " A lucid dream is any dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming " it is a kind of dream called lucid dream. so not all dreams are lucid including nightmares, I quote " hence there is an increased amount of activity in the parietal lobes making lucid dreaming a conscious process" lucid dream is a conscious process. it is far from the unconscious process of sleeping.

I quote " Skeptics of the phenomenon suggest that it is not a state of sleep" so you are refering to something controversial.

you first investigate yourself being blind then investigate if the wall is invisible or not, if you are blind then the wall being invisible or not is meaningless , just follow that person who is not blind and thinks the wall is invisible, if you are not blind determine by yourself whether the wall is invisible or not, it is easier to investigate whether a person is blind or not about his beliefs, if you think yourself being blind , by not being able to see beyond death, then follow others blindly, if you are not blind by being able to see beyond death , then determine whether afterlife is true or false.

When a stranger points to the night sky and says look, don’t worry about the motive or you’ll spend your life anxiously staring at a finger and miss all the beauty.

When a stranger points to the night sky and says look, don’t worry about the motive or you’ll spend your life anxiously staring at a finger and miss all the beauty.

Life is not just beauty.a very Pessimistic person is wrong and a very Optimistic person is also wrong.

Edited by yahya515

for this example look quickly to see the beauty with some caution. this is real life and not pure one.

You have it backwards; you glance at the finger and stare at the heavens.

Fear a man wielding a gun, an oncoming car/truck and when clinging to a high ledge but to fear the future is futile. Fear has its place in life, that place is to help maintain it.

Life is what you make of it.

You have it backwards; you glance at the finger and stare at the heavens.

Fear a man wielding a gun, an oncoming car/truck and when clinging to a high ledge but to fear the future is futile. Fear has its place in life, that place is to help maintain it.

Life is what you make of it.

death is not the future , it is the end of the future, death is not part of life, it is the end of life, the life which is beautiful and good will not last forever , there are two bad posibilities whether you die and you do not come back again which is bad or you die and wake up in afterlife to be punished, I am surprised of the idea of being content !! for a human who will die and will not come back again, have not you ever dreamt of afterlife ? suppose it is not true , it is not logical I think you have been fooled a lot by someone who told you for example : if you buy this candy it has a lottery to win a million dollars, or going that way will lead you to pretty girls, no one will never prove that religion is completely wrong , so live the dream of a perfect afterlife and enjoy life being continous forever , I would like also to comment about that religion prevent us from living , that is wrong , feeling the hope of afterlife is great.

Edited by yahya515

There’s no reason to fear the motivation of someone pointing out the beauty of a contented life, there’s every reason to fear the motivation of someone asking you to blindly follow without question.

Be content with your lot, do no harm and help those in need; if your punished for that, the judge is a bit of a bastard.

Be content with your lot, do no harm and help those in need; if your punished for that, the judge is a bit of a bastard.

saying this exact last word for the judge will be enough to send you to prison, it is not enough to just be good also to respect the judge who represent law.

Edited by yahya515

No appeal then, for a miscarriage of justice?

it depends on the definition of justice and who represents it, for the judge there is someone who is higher than the judge, who will punish him , for God there is not anyone who is higher than God to punish him.

how that is difficult ?! for me to avoid taking risk I may walk in streets naked carrying a big cross !! or perhaps traveling to isreal the promise land and live there in great fear !! or even make a dirty big beard!! all these people who do these things are afraid of and avoiding taking risks, you see them carrying crosses , being persecuted for being jewish , and you say they are fool !! yes they make themselves be fool to avoid taking risk.

how that is difficult ?! for me to avoid taking risk I may walk in streets naked carrying a big cross !! or perhaps traveling to isreal the promise land and live there in great fear !! or even make a dirty big beard!! all these people who do these things are afraid of and avoiding taking risks, you see them carrying crosses , being persecuted for being jewish , and you say they are fool !! yes they make themselves be fool to avoid taking risk.

Please clarify, I have no idea what point you’re trying to make.

Please clarify, I have no idea what point you’re trying to make.

I apologise , I understood you saying "you will take your chances" as neglecting religion and see how God will do with you then.

it does not need from you to take chances, the justice definition has been announced by God, and who represents law is God himself.