Do black eyes exist?

SiameseSam

Some studies say that theres no such thing as black eyes, and that "black" eyes are only dark brown eyes. Do you agree or disagree with that? I personally disagree, because some people who say their eyes are brown, have eyes that appear to be black.

According to this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

In humans, the pigmentation of the iris varies from light brown to black

I personally disagree, because some people who say their eyes are brown, have eyes that appear to be black.

But the fact that some brown eyes appear to be black doesn't mean that there are not black eyes.

It looks like there are people that have eyes that, under normal conditions, appear black. This is some actor called Ben Barnes, if that means anything to you, and this crop I took is as scrutinising as I could find which shows the darkest shade of brown. In all the other pictures of him his eyes appear proper black.

post-14463-0-05619300-1420589329.jpg

It looks like there are people that have eyes that, under normal conditions, appear black. This is some actor called Ben Barnes, if that means anything to you, and this crop I took is as scrutinising as I could find which shows the darkest shade of brown. In all the other pictures of him his eyes appear proper black.

attachicon.gifBen Barnes.JPG

Would you call his eyes brown or black?

How do you know eyes that look black arent just very dark brown?

If one is going to be pedantic, then true black does exist because it would necessitate zero surface reflectance which AFAIK doesn't exist.

Edited by StringJunky

I'd call them black with a hint of brown. If they were black with a hint of blue you would say they were blacker but I haven't searched for anyone with that colouration...

Photoshop tells R: 22, G: 8, B: 8

other pixel R: 30, G: 10, B: 7

After gamma 2.2

post-100882-0-84559900-1420753327.jpg