Could this be made/work?

ADVANCE

Your questions are not terribly easy to understand. John answered the first one. Y the second one is more difficult given your lack of details, but answered in the links you were provided by I think Swansont about optical tweezers and polystyrene beads.

No highly sure the link or I mean what he said isn't relating to the question and doesn't answer it,where is the answer lol like ex.s >omg it would work >don't know actualy, we must test >can't get precision movent because - .....we still need answers :( And um the first actually I revised and need an answer to I'm sure exactly asking that sentance question hasn't got an answer to it....

Edited by ADVANCE

I have answered the question and I'm answering it again for the last time.
If a photon as big or smaller then the atom hit it from one side in total vacuum would the atom move with momentum in one direction, it shouldn't jiggle, ?

Nope, it should jiggle.

Whether you like it or not, that's what the laws of physics say.

We have tested what you call "can't get precision movent because" lots of times, and it is always true.

Did you not know that?

I have also answered your other question in that I have explained where you can find out how to answer it.

Here it is again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

Because of the way in which you have written the question, it's impossible to give a simple answer but, if you learn about the uncertainty principle you will be able to work the answer out for yourself.

I have answered the question and I'm answering it again for the last time.

If a photon as big or smaller then the atom hit it from one side in total vacuum would the atom move with momentum in one direction, it shouldn't jiggle, ?

Nope, it should jiggle.

Whether you like it or not, that's what the laws of physics say.

We have tested what you call "can't get precision movent because" lots of times, and it is always true.

Did you not know that?

I have also answered your other question in that I have explained where you can find out how to answer it.

Here it is again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

Because of the way in which you have written the question, it's impossible to give a simple answer but, if you learn about the uncertainty principle you will be able to work the answer out for yourself.

But you see in all rightness now how is the atom going to jiggle when the photon is gonna leave and the atom is left alone then with momentum in a one direction....?

A photon is a massless particle, thus it cannot carry any momentum. No momentum, no impulse, no acceleration. Photons can only be absorbed and emitted and can cause changes in the vibrational energy of atoms (which roughly translates to changes in temperature). Do us and yourself a favor and pick up a book about physical chemistry or quantum physics.

Edited by Fuzzwood

But you see in all rightness now how is the atom going to jiggle when the photon is gonna leave and the atom is left alone then with momentum in a one direction....?

So, you still haven't read up about the uncertainty principle then.

Why not?

BTW fuzzword, a photon may be massless, but it does carry momentum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_pressure

Atomic and sub-atomic particles don't behave like billiard balls. The rules are different at that level.

Indeed, thanks for pointing that out. *sits in corner, terribly ashamed*.

Of course, immediately recognising and acknowledging your error, or oversight is the mature and sensible thing to do. The shame is on ADVANCE for not following a similar standard.

I started off more formal then anything from 1st post made actually above on this thread, the stupi*ness just caught up somehow.....

:l If the photon leaves after hitting, then the atom is all left alone in vacuum and couldn't jiggle all by itself for the next lets say 10 minutes, it would have to go in one direction...right?

Are you actually going to read anything you have been advised to read?

Any link you's put will not have the answer to that...and most of it is a 10 page full of complex writing badly written with math and stuff like qauntom macanics ect or the uncertaintity pri page, that's why I'm sticking with just asking this question to you's, will this particle keep moving or how can jiggle up and then down with no action to do so. its simpler to you's too, educated as dr.'s ect. and this is the god question to get everything, just answer already lol, but don't refer to this as the question above, its the last one above asked...Well here the question was>

So If the photon leaves after hitting, then the atom is all left alone in vacuum and couldn't jiggle all by itself for the next lets say 10 minutes, it would have to go in one direction with some speed...right?

Edited by ADVANCE

and most of it is a 10 page full of complex writing badly written with math and stuff like qauntom macanics ect or the uncertaintity pri page

Well duh. That's the regime you are working in. Why should we try to answer the same question over and over again while you don't seem to put any effort into reading the theories about the very thing you are trying to discuss here? Although you do me too much credit, I am only a chemical engineer.

No gods there, just Heisenberg and Einstein. Although their mathematical prowess do exceed those of the mortal man...

Atoms jiggle since the beginning of time (or at least since hydrogen was formed after the big bang). Slap a photon against any atom and it will jiggle a bit faster for a while before losing that energy by emitting a photon or through non-radiative decay (e.g. heat). Touch a fluorescent tube once it has been switched on for a while. Feel the warmth? The reason of it heating up I mentioned in this very paragraph.

Edited by Fuzzwood

No, If we can levitate with photons a atom or a mass of them together we can do the plan I said at the beginning and can turn into gods and create anything possibly by thinking about it and anyhow it can create anything like a castle on a white plain as big as ten planets with everything in white exept the castel, and get everything and live forever ect. Just someone answer my question above and I'll figure what to do next or what to pursue, and the question above is different and more getting to a point of something though, ya Ophiolite I know but seriously just give the answers lol.....

Edited by ADVANCE

Are you actually going to read anything you have been advised to read?

It appears the answer is a firm "no".

Advance, if you are not willing to learn about the very fundamentals of the things you want to talk about, all you can do is build sky castles with no substance. Anything you imagine will by default be wrong as the way you imagine it simply does not conform with reality. There is only so far you can get by using simple analogies

Well, we can't, physics doesn't allow you or anyone else. Can't you take that for an answer or will you keep repeating yourself until you get a yes? Also, what is your obsession with a made-up religious figure? And:

...but seriously just give answers.....

But seriously, start reading the material provided.

Edited by Fuzzwood

Nope I explained at the start why this thing can duplicate and do evryyything....but don't worry about that....I just want, we should all just want to first know if the question about moving an atom or mass of them will work and the answer, so just someone answer the question I asked above because I think I got u's in a tangle on it lol!

!

Moderator Note

Okay, thread closed. I will leave this for staff review, but for the time being ADVANCE, I suggest you try and take what people have said to you here a little more seriously. You do not get to tell people to go away when they have made much more effort than you have to try and get you to understand the theories behind what you're talking about.

Also, you don't get to criticise the writing style of someone else while simultaneously using 'words' such as, 'you's,' multiple times in a sentence.