A tutorial on Visual basic

Rajnish Kaushik

Why didn't google work for you? Did you try alternative search terms?

This is the type of information you need to learn to find yourself instead of expecting others do do the hard work for you and simply provide you an answer here.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+visual+basic+6.0+download

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=visual+basic+tutorial

Edited by iNow

Why didn't google work for you? Did you try alternative search terms?

This is the type of information you need to learn to find yourself instead of expecting others do do the hard work for you and simply provide you an answer here.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+visual+basic+6.0+download

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=visual+basic+tutorial

Just you please try over there i have already cheacked all the sites for download but no one works hence i said no google

each and everyone there is just nuts add and nothing useful

if u get it then i will thank you sir

When I am entering "visual basic" in google the first link is wiki page of it, second is link to download it from secondary server, 3rd is microsoft original...

So- what are you talking about?!

but i wank 6.0 because thats in my book

i already have 8 but no use its too different and so its show error

I don't know. You will have to ask them. If they need the code written in an obsolete version, then it is up to them to provide the resources necessary. On the other hand, if they are just setting exercises to be implemented in any suitable version of Visual Basic, then you can, presumably, use the latest.

Visual Studio 6.0 (which has Visual Basic 6.0 I think so) is commercial product.

But Visual Studio 2005/2008 Express have slightly newer versions of VB. And are free.

And should be easy to find to download.

i already have 8 but its quite different and show error it i show my books programme

Try and stay on topic.

Do you have to use VB 6 rather than any other version ?

If yes, why?

If not, what is the problem with using a different version?

Instead of writing all these whining posts, you could spend the time reading up on what has changed between versions so you can do your course work.

Try and stay on topic.

Do you have to use VB 6 rather than any other version ?

If yes, why?

If not, what is the problem with using a different version?

Instead of writing all these whining posts, you could spend the time reading up on what has changed between versions so you can do your course work.

yes because its in my book and the other version show me error on typing that programme in them,

yes because its in my book and the other version show me error on typing that programme in them,

So: READ the documentation on what has changed. CHANGE your source code to fix the problem.

Feel free to ask questions about specifics if you need to. As it is you are just wasting time (your and everyone else's).

There are some quite significant differences in syntax. For example parentheses are required on all subroutine calls:

MsgBox “Hello World” has to change to MsgBox(“Hello World”)

Also, all subroutine parameters must be qualified with ByVal or ByRef
arrays always have a lower bound of zero
fixed length strings are not supported
the Variant data type has been removed

and various other things….

(All documented on the pages linked earlier)

I see. I am C/C++ programmer, not VB. It looks like significant change between versions..

I think Rajnish should forget about v6.0, and learn newer, more modern versions. What is sense learning something obsolete anyway..