I just thought of an over unity device that may well exist in your own home now.

Windevoid

It's called a guitar.

Not sure it's over unity.

!

Moderator Note

Given some recent feedback you've gotten, one might hope you would have learned that making a baseless claim is not going to cut it. You need to explain why you would think such a thing, in some detail.

Otherwise this is indistinguishable from trolling.

I mean that it seems that the string with the body of the guitar assisting seems louder than just the string alone.

This is due to the amplifying effects of either the hollow wooden body or electrical amplification... no net gain of energy is involved...

I mean that it seems that the string with the body of the guitar assisting seems louder than just the string alone.

Just to add to the last response. What the sound box of the guitar does is increase the amount of energy transfered from string to air. A string alone doesn't do this very well, so it doesn't sound very loud. By adding the sound box we can increase the volume we hear. But this comes at a price. The extra energy transfered to the air comes at the expense of the vibration of the string. The sound box also dampens out the vibration faster. You end up with a louder sound, but for a shorter duration and the total energy transfer is the same.

This is due to the amplifying effects of either the hollow wooden body or electrical amplification... no net gain of energy is involved...

I don't know for sure, but I think amplification means more energy.

Just to add to the last response. What the sound box of the guitar does is increase the amount of energy transfered from string to air. A string alone doesn't do this very well, so it doesn't sound very loud. By adding the sound box we can increase the volume we hear. But this comes at a price. The extra energy transfered to the air comes at the expense of the vibration of the string. The sound box also dampens out the vibration faster. You end up with a louder sound, but for a shorter duration and the total energy transfer is the same.

Interesting.