A lingual theory of everything

Mike Smith Cosmos

I agree with Sam Harris and mr Dennett that we don't have a free will, just that we have the illusion of free will, and more particularly, freedom itself. I have good reasons to assume this is the case as well. As a linguist and an engineer, I can't believe in free will for the sole purpose that it makes things indeterminate, which is highly undesirable. I cannot accept any premise that suggests randomness, chaos, or indeterminacy even in the slightest bit, it's inconsistent with all observation to say the least.

As Dan puts it, given the replication of the exact precise moment that a choice arises, the "decision" that is made will 100% of the time be the same exact decision.

Some of those Lecture ideas were based on a lot of Assumptions, and Philosophical ideas which may or may not be true.

I believe our Freedom to make a Free choice is what makes us Human.

So for us to create an INITIATIVE is to change the world ( even if only a little bit. ) Or some times creating significant changes.

The process starts in human consciousness and ends up in the EFFECT on THE WORLD (whether small or large an effect ).

. HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS

. post-33514-0-83278300-1371850118_thumb.jpg

The Following are an attempt to illustrate Artistically the Flow from Human Consciousness in a non directed state,

A ) bumbling along with all sorts of thoughts.

B) starting to sort Ideas

C) Clarifying which choice directions to go

D) THE REFINED CHOICE DIRECTION IN ALL ITS BEAUTY

A) :-

post-33514-0-94411600-1371850510_thumb.jpg

B) :-

post-33514-0-59763900-1371850614_thumb.jpg

C) :-

post-33514-0-21243600-1371850706_thumb.jpg

D):-

post-33514-0-83907400-1371850771_thumb.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the context of the Lingual theory of everything we have used in this instance Human Consciousness to Create the Initiative by making a directional formulated choice and taken the first step in the direction of our initiative .

. Now THE ANYTHING can happen in one of the previously described ways :-

.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" A Lingual / NON-Mathematical THEORY OF EVERYTHING ".

1. " Anything or everything can occur, if there is no reason for it not to occur "

2. " Anything or everything can occur, if there is no reason for it not to occur, if there is some form of initiative for it to occur. "

3. " If there are reasons for anything not to occur , left to their own devices, the path of least energy and /or resistance will be followed. "

To apply this model to a NON HUMAN CONSCIOUS activity then clearly all this choices, selection of direction and first step take a slightly different preamble. Although if you are throwing the object personally, you might well go through some of the previous thought processes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say an object that is set moving according to Isaac Newtons First Law .

Clearly an initiative is taken to accelerate an object from 'rest' to 1 meter per second and then let go.

The choice has been made . The first step is taken ( Accelleration to 1 meter per second ) .

If there is no reason for it not to happen ( like gravity or a brick wall) the thing will do its 'anything' for ever.

And if there is a reason for it not to happen ( like gravity ) , it will take the path of least energy or resistance . ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

Mike Smith Cosmos,

Although I did not grasp the import of the paintings, your last post took the basic form of what I was about to say, which was this.

Since free will is a two word concept, it more or less presupposses will, and the "question" would be the freedom or lack thereof, of it.

Since will, and initiative, are closely related, I am thinking we are looking at this in a similar fashion, illustrated by the following consideration.

If, at the moment, the arrangement of everything is such that it is the case, with or without any action on your part, any action on your part, will change the case. Even if, as you say, only a small change will be made. This change of what is the case is permanent and cannot be taken back, and will affect what is the case, locally, which in turn will effect whatever surrounds the "local" on the "every action has an equal and opposite reaction" principle. Thus, like a pebble thrown in the pond, or a match held to the night sky, any action changes the case.

So, what is an action "on your part"? This relates to "will". Will you do it, or not. A required component here, is that, as a human, we each have a certain grasp of, or model of what is the case, coupled with muscles that we have control over. We can send a chemical pulse, or group of coordinatied pulses, or not, and perform "an action", or not. Thus we have will, the ability to know what is the case, and the ability to locally change the case, "if we will".

The "initiative" resides in the choice made, to send the pulse. Which is not revokeable, once made, but is, due to our predictive motor simulator, pretestable, that is, we can practice, or imagine, or come to learn the ways an action on "our part" will change the case, without actually sending the pulses that will do it.

So we each have a will.

I would argue it is free as well, because we each are the one in control of, and responsible for, our own actions.

Regards, TAR2

Edited by tar

• 2 weeks later...

............ Free will .............

I have read through and pondered these comments of yours, and if you replace "the case" with my "the mold" and your " will " with my " initiative " , in this particular discussion about FREE WILL , then I would agree that we are very close as to what we both feel is going on. Sorry its taken a while to get back to you, I've been a bit tied up in other threads, and one thing and another.

I am a little 'worded out' and 'drawn out' at the moment. But will enjoy furthering out our exchange 'Futura' .

Although I do consider human consciousness a driver in the changes going on in the cosmos, I have been trying to reason in this thread " a lingual theory of everything " that the whole shebang. (Everything, and I mean Every last darn thing, , is unfolding, to some extent incorporating BOTH unconscious initiatives ( be they trivial and minimal) , as a mechanism by which the universe/cosmos is developing, together with consciousness's making their own large or small influences.

" It is the touching of the quantum field, that is the way the cosmos is being made." mks

Although I do consider human consciousness a driver in the changes going on in the cosmos, I have been trying to reason in this thread " a lingual theory of everything " that the whole shebang. (Everything, and I mean Every last darn thing, , is unfolding, to some extent incorporating BOTH unconscious initiatives ( be they trivial and minimal) , as a mechanism by which the universe/cosmos is developing, together with consciousness's making their own large or small influences.

The Atom is An example of :-

a) if there is no reason for it not to occur

ACCEPTABLE ENERGY BANDS /ORBITALS

b) If there are reasons for anything not to occur

EXCLUSION ENERGY LEVELS

.So the prime device of matter, the atom can be seen as an example of how such a theory can encompass something as important as this atomic system. .

What appears to be an unresolved issue at this time is , Are the rules of Maths , some form of bedrock ( as Mike Tegmark would have us believe) .Such that we can view Schrödinger equation, and other equations of an inclusion or exclusion nature, as the reason for Exclusion Bands or Inclusion bands or is the maths just a near model of some more fundamental reality which is dictating the rules.

Personally, ( but who am I to say) I think the bedrock is,

All the interplay of the whole shebang.

( Anything, Everything, the reasons to happen, the reasons not to happen , the initiatives, the paths of least resistance, the mold at the time) The whole Shebodle. (Mike Smith July 2013 )

In the context of Paths the have either " no reason not to" or "paths of least resistance ", That:-

It is interesting That Professor Laithwait describes " a path that the giroscope wants to go "

Link http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=centifugal%20force%20and%20professor%20laithwaite&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJRPC7a_AcQo&ei=U1nYUd-0G5Ka0AXO44HQDA&usg=AFQjCNEWuR_c3FmbkkzzWmBw6b1_SKjYmw

I thought of " paths of least resistance " applying to much of electrical/electronic conduction.

I noticed a young person with their i player in pocket and ear pieces plugged walking the street. Soon I thought they will want them ' wireless' NO WIRES hanging about their person . Then I thought we have built a whole modern world (1700-2013) on wires.

We found it was an easy way to point electrons where we wanted them . Because they follow " the path of least resistance "

There is a main probability that the electrons flow down the wire , in fact mainly the probability is on the surface of the wire by the 'skin effect' There is a low probability that some electrons can escape the surface and skim through the air . In fact there is a possibility being low in normal circumstances that a major discharge of electric current could travel some distance through the air . However given the path is least resistant though the wire. In today's mobile phones the frequencies worked at are nearly microwave so some of the electronic conduction , even within the mobile hand set moves about on the RF ( radio frequency ) part of the mobile phone above the copper track as a wave . A large part of our universe ...Things /not all are seeking the path of lease energy or resistance. (perhaps like filling a cup with water, as soon as the water is at the lip it flows over the edge. It does not wait until the water has piled up another centimeter before it flows over the edge.

I found such a path of least resistance in my day to day living two days ago.

I left a bag of shopping at a bus terminal by mistake on a step. We got home a half hour later and discovered I had left it behind. My wife said " do not bother to go back , it will have gone, it will have been stolen!".... I returned an hour after leaving it. It was there on the step among a bus station full of people . And retrieved it. It was the path of least resistance to have found it, rather than it being stolen.

It takes a bit of thinking through ! Interesting though . Bit of a People thing , rather than machines.

I thought of " paths of least resistance " applying to much of electrical/electronic conduction.

I noticed a young person with their i player in pocket and ear pieces plugged walking the street. Soon I thought they will want them ' wireless' NO WIRES hanging about their person . Then I thought we have built a whole modern world (1700-2013) on wires.

We found it was an easy way to point electrons where we wanted them . Because they follow " the path of least resistance "

There is a main probability that the electrons flow down the wire , in fact mainly the probability is on the surface of the wire by the 'skin effect' There is a low probability that some electrons can escape the surface and skim through the air . In fact there is a possibility being low in normal circumstances that a major discharge of electric current could travel some distance through the air . However given the path is least resistant though the wire. In today's mobile phones the frequencies worked at are nearly microwave so some of the electronic conduction , even within the mobile hand set moves about on the RF ( radio frequency ) part of the mobile phone above the copper track as a wave . A large part of our universe ...Things /not all are seeking the path of lease energy or resistance. (perhaps like filling a cup with water, as soon as the water is at the lip it flows over the edge. It does not wait until the water has piled up another centimeter before it flows over the edge.

I found such a path of least resistance in my day to day living two days ago.

I left a bag of shopping at a bus terminal by mistake on a step. We got home a half hour later and discovered I had left it behind. My wife said " do not bother to go back , it will have gone, it will have been stolen!".... I returned an hour after leaving it. It was there on the step among a bus station full of people . And retrieved it. It was the path of least resistance to have found it, rather than it being stolen.

It takes a bit of thinking through ! Interesting though . Bit of a People thing , rather than machines.

I think TAR2

is the "CASE "........Tar2

has the same connotations as my talk of a mold. Everything as is constitutes the mold or "the Case " . We need this as a stepping stone to the future. Whether we are an electron in orbital/ energy band, energy state or a person about our business.

Mike Smith Cosmos,

Since free will is a two word concept, it more or less presupposses will, and the "question" would be the freedom or lack thereof, of it.

Since will, and initiative, are closely related, I am thinking we are looking at this in a similar fashion, illustrated by the following consideration.

If, at the moment, the arrangement of everything is such that it is the case, with or without any action on your part, any action on your part, will change the case. Even if, as you say, only a small change will be made. This change of what is the case is permanent and cannot be taken back, and will affect what is the case,

I would argue it is free as well, because we each are the one in control of, and responsible for, our own actions.

Regards, TAR2

TAR2

Of Interest is :-

This idea that there is a lot of "stuff" out there at the moment , emanating from somewhere. Materials, forces , fields , goodness knows what ! All moving about, taking up relationships with each other. This I ,for want of another name have called 'The Mold (mould english ) , stable but changing to some extent from moment to moment.

I get the feeling this sounds similar to your 'THE CASE ' , but i am not sure if that's what you mean by 'the case' .

I think this mold has a lot to do with what ' allows' things to happen ( no reason not to happen) easily, Also ' paths of least resistance ' ,when things don't necessarily happen easily ( reasons for them not to happen ) yet tend to take the less energetic route none the less. Also should there be something to happen which is difficult, large amounts of energy and directive are required to reach that part/parts of the 'Mold ' less easily reached.

How does this compare with your " THE CASE " or does it not ?

mike

Mike,

I think the similarity between what is the case, and the mold you are referring to, is the fact that they both are there anyway, regardless of our designations or descriptions of it. Like Kant might say, the understanding of a thing, or what we say about a thing is not the same as the thing in itself.

Problem with a theory of everything is that one cannot have an idea bigger or more real than the thing the idea is about. The reflection is never as good as the thing that is being reflected. You can't write the whole formula down, because there is not enough ink and paper, that would or could exist in a manner "outside" of that which you are describing is the case. And the formula would not, and could not "work" as the reality of what actually is the case, does.

Finding "the principle" behind the thing is more a less a misnomer. Its the thing that is the case already, and you can not trump it, just by noticing it. You can discover things about reality, but its already been invented, its already manifest, it is already the case.

Regards, TAR2

And I might add, it has not yet done, what it is going to do next.

Mike,

I think the similarity between what is the case, and the mold you are referring to, is..................................

.Tar2

..............................................Do next

Tar I would like to quote your comment you sent to me Via a Personal message , as I think it relevant

Tar said in a PM to Mike

So a theory of everything, would not be as complete as everything is already.

It would just be a theory, an idea, a representation, of the thing that is already full-blown existent, as in, what is already the case.

But as principles go, I like a couple of thoughts. One that I formulated when reading QED and physics books 15 to 20 years ago, is that atoms each are trying to come to a state of rest, by releasing what energy they have in the form of photons, but they cannot complete the task, because every other atom in the universe is busy trying to come to rest themselves and the result is that every atom, while releasing photons, gets hit by the photons some other atoms have released. And you wind up with a universe, unable to come to rest, because each of its components is trying to. Throw in gravity, or the attraction mass has for other mass, and you have an organizing principle, that clumps these atoms, trying to come to rest, together, forming such places as the Solar system, and the Earth, where arrangements of matter have found a way and reason to attempt to maintain themselves and copy themselves, and in our case, know about it.

Which I agree with .

Any model, theory , principle can only be a shadow of the REALITY . In that way reality can Live, Work and Exist. But the comfort and use of the model can help us unravel questions we may have of reality or indeed uses we may wish to make use of within reality. Understanding the mechanism , can ease our operation of the machinery .

I do believe the cosmos is threaded with myriads of tubes of opportunity whereby things can happen easily if

A) The entrance to the tube is identified

B) The initiative is either present automatically or the initiative is originated at the entrance to the tube of opportunity.

C) Any possible energy requirements are present

Its as if the cosmos is threaded with one big set of "theme park super slides" . I know this is yet another model, but perhaps this is one of the ways to find and operate ourselves a way around this Gigantuan Theme Park .

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Smith said July 23 2013 :-

tubes of opportunity whereby things can happen easily if

A) The entrance to the tube is identified

B) The initiative is either present automatically or the initiative is originated at the entrance to the " tube of opportunity" .

C) Any possible energy requirements are present

.Master_Blaster_1.jpg

FOR INSTANCE

Micel Gorbachev [ Leader in Russia ] before the Berlin wall came down , When interviewed on Television after the collapse of the Soviet Union said [ to the effect ] .

" that He saw the opportunity [ from "tubes of opportunity" ] come floating by in front of him. Only he was in a position to take the initiative of Perestroika ( reform of the communist system ) " . He started the 'ball rolling ' and history showed this lead to the now more open world we know.

EQUALLY .

A large block of Ice and dust finding it self as the result of a collision with another block of ice , knocked into a particular trajectory { "tube of opportunity"} that leads it into an incoming path towards the Sun . This to become one of the Comets seen from time to time.

EQUALLY

Our technology is massively constructed , particularly [but not only ] of wires and fiber optics, which act as Conduits or "tubes of opportunity" to bring electrons, light waves, signals to designated places across the globe to perform and make things happen,

Mike Smith Cosmos,

I would only ask, "tubes of opportunity, in contrast to what?" That is, which parts of the universe are the inside of the tube, and which the outside? And if events unfolded in this tube of opportunity, what and which events are unfolding otherwise, outside the tube.

I believe its "models" of this "tube of opportunity" type, that give away the "model" nature of the concept. That is, it works in the imagination, but you can not put a one to correspondence of it, back into or unto reality. Perhaps find examples that can be crowbarred into the concept, but the concept does not naturally lead one to further understanding or prediction of the mechanisms and activity of reality. Concepts themself, no doubt come from the patterns and arrangements of reality, but they are a simplification of, or an analogy to, reality.

Take the concept of each electron being identical to another electron, with no characteristics "of their own". Considered in the concept to be interchangable, and none with an identity. This consideration can be satisfactorily accomplished in the mind, but in reality, each electron is more permanent and manisfest than that. The flow of electricity in a wire and the light bulb lighting, will occur without consideration of individual electrons, having their own place and time, we have no way to "tag" one, and follow its "life" and history, from the beginning of time, till now. We don't know where its been, what events its been a part of, nor do we particulary care. If we cared about the one, we would have to care about the rest, and the interplay of all those zillions of electrons, spinning about this or that nucleus, over the history of the universe, at the incredible amount of revolutions per secound that they do it, is quite beyond the limits of any model or conception of it, that we could pull off, with the large, but finite amount of synapses and nerve cells and chemical chains, we have in our tiny heads. We have to take short cuts, and think in short hand, and symbols, and varible grain size. We have to make analogies, and simplify and make transforms, and put things, or take things in the place of other things.

So the difference between reality and the model of it that we build in our minds is that what happens in reality, has to completely fit, and what happens in our model of it, does not have to be correct.

In this sense, finding a simple truth, that will actually fit back into or unto reality, that has not already presented itself to you in the first place, is not likely. So the question remains, in terms of the "tubes of opportunity", is the universe telling you, or showing you, that this is how it is arranged, which explains many things and gives us all a better understanding of what's going on, or it is more just a way of looking at it, that you try to enforce onto, or project into reality?

Theory of everythingwise, liguistics, is a complex compilation of the symbols with which we think and communicate. But I would vote, or guess, or surmise, that it is not likely that the words are going to be more complete, and fit reality better than the reality that the words are about.

As you suggest, reality is "like" this or that concept. But not completely like it. Its bigger and better, and longerlived, than any theory gleaned from it.

And no computer can be built, no record can be written, no formula can be designed, that would properly depict the actual history of, and the position and momentum of, each and every particle and photon currently existing in the universe.

"Linguistic Theory of Everything" defeats itself, in the conception.

Regards, TAR2

Mike Smith Cosmos,

I would only ask, "tubes of opportunity, in contrast to what?" That is, which parts of the universe are the inside of the tube, and which the outside? And if events unfolded in this tube of opportunity, what and which events are unfolding otherwise, outside the tube.

The universe is existing out there in whatever simple or complex way ,that it does.

We both agree that.

We also agree that , The universe ( Reality ) is the real thing and any theory or model is only a vehicle to understanding the workings of reality.

I am adding that possibly we can gain some form of insight into what is going on, so as to enable us to ride our way through and about the universe.

If we were to take the "Tubes of opportunity " as illustrated in the picture of a water slide in a theme park , as an example ,of using " A lingual Theory of Everything " than we may see the advantage of having a Model and the disadvantage of not having a model.

So IN THE MODEL ( Water slide ). If we remain in the ducting , we have an enjoyable ride, an assisted ride and we are safe.and reach the end. . If by some means we left the ducting half way round, we might get mangled on the super structure, crash to the ground, and certainly not enjoy the ride, or reach our destination.

So in REALITY if we get into and keep with the flow of the "tubes of opportunity" ( go with the flow ) . We can enjoy a peril less journey through the universe, work with its assistance, be safe, have a happy life , and arrive at our destination.

[ I know this throws up a great amount of controversy and questions ] However if one can put those to one side for the moment, 'suspend disbelief ' and say "This is how the universe WORKS ,when left to its own devices' And then ask the question " how can I , or how can I make something else enter such 'Tubes of opportunity ' then we may see how this model of reality may be of use.

So I believe we already do this in science, when we produce conduction of water, electricity, light etc when we use pipes, conductors, fiber optic cables. (this latter system of lasers and fiberoptiic cables , being a very efficient system ). We can do the same in life [ this latter one being the more difficult, as we do not have the visible TUBE to see, unlike pipes, cables etc being very visible ] However I think the "tubes of opportunity" are there.

Reality is certainly there! But if we can ride the tubes, we might well ...... .........!

If we take this within the overarching " Lingual Theory of Everything" then by definition ' Everything' must involve the Universe as a whole and everything that can and does go on within it. The Use and Secret is to work within the tubes of opportunity if you want to get about safely and have a happy life, whether you are a photon, electron or a human .

Mike Smith Cosmos,

If left to its own devices? I am wondering what that means.

Wouldn't any devices a universe has, by definition be its own, with no real way to bother it or leave it alone? And nobody here but us chickens, to do the bothering or leaving alone, anyway, and we don't seem to have the reach to effect more than this little corner of it.

It makes more sense to me to consider that the only devices the universe has to work with, are those with which it works. I don't know what that would mean in any separate sense, than considering the devices we operate under are of the same mint.

Are you considering that humans are "other than" the universe? Are we speaking sensibly and scientifically and in manner that everyone can see the sense, or are we mixing concepts with reality, in a loose and arbitrary fashion?

Are you mentioning the tubes in a figurative sense, like saying "life is like a bowl of cherries?"

I am asking these questions of you, just so I know if the tube is a simile, or something I should actually expect to find, in and of itself.

This universal grammar that humans appear to have, must have a basis in reality. Something about the way we interalize the world around us, and build an internal analog model of it, that we then consider all inclusive, and then have a hard time differeciating between manipulating the model, and manipulating the things that the model is of. There are certainly many ways that ideas are made manifest, so this complicates the distinction. And it would be hard to have a description, liguistically speaking, without something to describe in the first place.

But how far outside oneself is it realistic to take a stance?

I am wondering if its realistic to consider an atom could have a happy life, or an unhappy one. We do not know "what its like" to be an atom. Nor are you suggesting to us which atoms have found themselves in a tube, and which atoms are obviously off the happy course.

How would one know if they were in a tube or outside a tube? Is it only by happiness that we can judge?

Regards, TAR2

Do atoms get motion sickness from the ride and barf, occasionally? What are the rules by which this device operates?

Saw a woman today at the grocery store who seemed to have all her atoms in a happy state. I do not think though that any happy tube of possibility was being offered to me in particular.

Edited by tar

If left to its own devices? I am wondering what that means.

Wouldn't any devices a universe has, by definition be its own,

We do have a very small impact on the Universe , all be it minutely small .

"tubes of opportunity, in contrast to what?" That is, which parts of the universe are the inside of the tube, and which the outside?

In this case below the universe offers " No reason for things not to happen " A to B

post-33514-0-51162000-1375955703_thumb.jpg

In this case below the universe offers " reasons for it not to occur , So still follows the course of least resistance " A to B within the tube.

post-33514-0-80600200-1375956861_thumb.jpg

REFERENCE

" A Lingual / NON-Mathematical THEORY OF EVERYTHING ".

1. " Anything or everything can occur, if there is no reason for it not to occur "

2. " Anything or everything can occur, if there is no reason for it not to occur, if there is some form of initiative for it to occur. "

3. " If there are reasons for anything not to occur , left to their own devices, the path of least energy and /or resistance will be followed. "

. What I was meaning by " If left to its own devices? " Was that the universe settles down to some form of dynamic order" whether we are there or not. however certain parts or conditions of this dynamic order do offer different opportunities. If we blunder our way through, this way or that. 'So Be IT ' But if we find the tubes of opportunity or as most things in nature find the path of least resistance , so we can choose one of these tubes of opportunity and have either a free ride or a ride with the path of least resistance . Outside the tube is the JUNGLE , you might need far more energy and effort or a mashetti to get through ' outside the tube. .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its interesting that both plant and animal life is mainly based on TUBES !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A trivial example of a simple Tube of opportunity is illustrated below :-

post-33514-0-20688500-1376465917_thumb.jpg

In Italy while contemplating these things, sitting in a chair in the garden, looking at the view, my eye was drawn to this young olive tree. There appeared to be a Green golf ball hanging in the tree. When I went to touch it to examine it, it was not there. When I returned to my chair it was there. The only way I could find it was to follow the image in my head to the tree small step by small step. It was amazing . At one unique angle , all the Olive leaves retreated into the body of the tree to offer no obstruction to the light.

Serendipity a fortunate coincidence

Coincidence of so many things , opened up a [Trivial] tube of opportunity. Just at that 'place' and 'time'

.post-33514-0-83877900-1376467396_thumb.jpg

The secret is , to go looking for these " tubes of opportunity ". Then experience the various opportunities the universe has to offer.

Nature has utilized these " tubes of opportunity " to perform the functions of life, both as survival and usefulness to the environment.

post-33514-0-16515000-1376689263_thumb.jpg

1. Carbon dioxide absorbtion , oxygen generation. lumber production , transpiration of water , redistribution of minerals.

2. Grass ingesting , food generation, mineral redistribution ,oxygen taken in , carbon dioxide expelled.

Tubes keep contaminants out and function in.

Very early on In the Human Embryo ,one of the central things developed is THE NEURAL TUBE

From Wikipedia

Embryonic stage[edit source | editbeta] Neurulation[edit source | editbeta]
Main article: neurulation
See embryogenesis for understanding the animal development up to this stage.

Neurulation is the formation of the neural tube from the ectoderm of the embryo. It follows gastrulation in all vertebrates.

During gastrulation cells migrate to the interior of embryo, forming three germ layers— the endoderm (the deepest layer), mesoderm and ectoderm (the surface layer)—from which all tissues and organs will arise. In a simplified way, it can be said that the ectoderm gives rise to skin and nervous system, the endoderm to the guts and the mesoderm to the rest of the organs.

After gastrulation the notochord—a flexible, rod-shaped body that runs along the back of the embryo—has been formed from the mesoderm. During the third week of gestation the notochord sends signals to the overlying ectoderm, inducing it to become neuroectoderm. This results in a strip of neuronal stem cells that runs along the back of the embryo. This strip is called the neural plate, and is the origin of the entire nervous system. The neural plate folds outwards to form the neural groove. Beginning in the future neck region, the neural folds of this groove close to create the neural tube (this form of neurulation is called primary neuralation). The ventral (front) part of the neural tube is called the basal plate; the dorsal (rear) part is called the alar plate. The hollow interior is called the neural canal. By the end of the fourth week of gestation, the open ends of the neural tube (the neuropores) close off.[1]

Among other things we go on to become a set of walking, talking, thinking TUBES

Neural Tube as a Tube of opportunity

I think the early development of the human embryo, is one of laying down 3 layers ,[ like 3 layers of pasta dough ]. one of those layers is the controlling nerve system. All three Roll up into a Tube. One of these tubes being the digestive tract, another the spinal nerve system, having all the synaptic gaps in it. ( No wonder Roger Penrose got very interested in it. )

A Human

,post-33514-0-86999000-1376728502_thumb.jpg

What an opportunity

The Neural Tube Ending up as a Human

Link http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?start=104&sa=X&biw=1177&bih=610&tbm=isch&tbnid=p5vMn51ziMF_tM:&imgrefurl=http://legacy.owensboro.kctcs.edu/gcaplan/anat2/histology/histo%2520d%2520human%2520development.htm&docid=TCCk4D5TJazyPM&imgurl=http://legacy.owensboro.kctcs.edu/gcaplan/anat2/histology/somites.jpg&w=600&h=600&ei=w0cRUvDDIYec0QW4pIDYAQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:14,s:100,i:46&iact=rc&page=7&tbnh=181&tbnw=195&ndsp=16&tx=45&ty=37

link http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?sa=X&biw=1177&bih=610&tbm=isch&tbnid=-VJogIJsJx01oM:&imgrefurl=http://www.brainviews.com/abFiles/DrwNeurtube.htm&docid=kIrGR4nC4Co-JM&imgurl=http://www.brainviews.com/abFiles/DrwNeurtube.jpg&w=490&h=270&ei=e0cRUrCXMMWb0wWwlYCQBw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:10,s:0,i:119&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=167&tbnw=303&start=0&ndsp=11&tx=168&ty=65

link IMAGE http://www.chw.org/display/displayFile.asp?filename=/Groups/CHHS/SB1CR.jpg

link http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?start=364&sa=X&biw=1177&bih=567&tbm=isch&tbnid=qfw3eVfsUciZoM:&imgrefurl=http://www.cixip.com/index.php/page/content/id/1121&docid=ZZPcA8NGj4v0XM&imgurl=http://www.cixip.com/Public/kindeditor/attached/image/20121024/20121024134607_85429.jpg&w=472&h=408&ei=fEoRUtbADcmX0QXrhYGgAg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:67,s:300,i:205&iact=rc&page=24&tbnh=200&tbnw=232&ndsp=17&tx=117&ty=69

link to HUMAN http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?start=364&sa=X&biw=1177&bih=567&tbm=isch&tbnid=MI2NEKFDNIopVM:&imgrefurl=http://www.kaahe.org/health/en/682-neural-tube-defects.html&docid=huXZTjHQG1N0KM&imgurl=http://www.kaahe.org/en/ArabicSampleModules/modules/obgyn/ogfc01a1//overview.jpg&w=265&h=205&ei=fEoRUtbADcmX0QXrhYGgAg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:68,s:300,i:208&iact=rc&page=24&tbnh=164&tbnw=212&ndsp=17&tx=103&ty=78

Mike,

Since the tube is a folded plate, is not the "fold" more basic than the tube? And the plate more basic than the fold?

Regards, TAR2

Good one ! I will have to give that some thought !

Mike

ps. ( although I have not put the tube forward as some form of fundamental shape. Only one of the ways for movement through the cosmos in an easy, efficient way, for things to 'happen'. ) ( or have I ? )

.post-33514-0-96002200-1376896754_thumb.jpg